Xe285hl cam

-
What does a stock converter brake stall at? 1800-2000? 2500 stall isn't much. Anyone run numbers to see what the torque/hp curves look like?
That is what the DCR + V/P index tells you..... where the low end of the torque band is. Leaven that with some small block experience and you will know the answer. So, yes, the 'numbers' have been run.

Ok so I guess the question is I either raise the comp or go to the 274 cam and 1.6 rockers. I really appreciate all the input I want this thing to be as close to the edge as possible. I'm trying to get the best recipe for this engine thanks again
OP, I am not sure which 'edge' you want to be close too. If you want more and more HP and not give away too much on the bottom end, go with the big cam and adjust the compression. (Drag race). If you want the best low RPM and still decent high end and a bit wider overall torque band, then move smaller in cam and keep your compression. (Road race, rally, autocross.)

I personally think you are actually not terribly bad off with that cam and the present compression, though I know I would move towards a smaller cam as suggested. (I did my racing as a rally driver, so want better low end and wider torque band.) One thing to ask yourself: how much time do you want to spend dialing in the ignition curve and such to run higher DCR's? If you want to get it going and not mess around too much, then don't push the DCR up too far.

As for the 'bleed-off', your elevation is eliminating the need for that. That is all what the DCR number tells you.

With all the calculations IMHO
only if you are at the top of your range you go to the bigger cam
anything below the top compression use the shorter cam and 1.6 rockers on the intakes only
unless the rpm range of the bigger cam is where you really want to be all the time- and it usually isn't
not enough dynamic compression with the 274HL change to a different grinder
also verify if the exhaust is right duration for your build and the lca if not there are other grinders with similar cams from 108 to 112 and Single Pattern (for a good flowing aftermarket head to maybe 12 or 20 degrees extra on the exhaust (for those stock head and manifold builds)

-
Back