XHD Leaf springs in CA.

-
Don,t forget new bushings for the front.Mine came without bushings in the front(came in rear).Just thought I,d remind you before ordering.Order a bushing kit for the front while re and reing.

thanks for the reminder. i was already planning on it. they just do not make it clear which one i should get. because the diameter of the front eye differs on different springs i believe

hmm , mine from mancini came with front bushings. no rears of course because those are just the two rubber halves from the shackles. i just took the shipping labels off, painted them and installed.

The kit I got from the dealer,has like 10 bushings in it.Varying in different sizes(paired).Hope this helps

Bushing kit part #P4876197 $59.18

hmm , mine from mancini came with front bushings. no rears of course because those are just the two rubber halves from the shackles. i just took the shipping labels off, painted them and installed.

The kit I got from the dealer,has like 10 bushings in it.Varying in different sizes(paired).Hope this helps

Bushing kit part #P4876197 $59.18

thanks guys. i'll just order my springs from mancini, and then if i do need bushings, i'll just go to the speed shop. shouldn't be too bad if i only need a few. cant wait to get my rear end all done!!

http://www.johnrspring.com/index.htm

this guy makes them for everybody, he's the source

you should really see what JRS is selling them for, my XHD's from mancini with the mopar part #'s on em also say JRS. dont bother paying the extra $$ when you could order directly from JRS.

and yes they will lift the car 1 to 1 1/2" on the rear pass side, and i hope they "loosen up" after some ride time because they are rock hard.

you should really see what JRS is selling them for, my XHD's from mancini with the mopar part #'s on em also say JRS. dont bother paying the extra $$ when you could order directly from JRS.

and yes they will lift the car 1 to 1 1/2" on the rear pass side, and i hope they "loosen up" after some ride time because they are rock hard.
has anyone else used this JRS guy to buy springs?

do you just call them up and they'll give you the info on pricing and shipping?
thanks

and also a little tip that i heard from one guy is that if you have someway to load up the trunk with extra unneccesary weight, it will put extra stress on the springs and help them sit evenly. this doesn't seem right to me though. has anyone else heard this?

has anyone else used this JRS guy to buy springs?

do you just call them up and they'll give you the info on pricing and shipping?
thanks

and also a little tip that i heard from one guy is that if you have someway to load up the trunk with extra unneccesary weight, it will put extra stress on the springs and help them sit evenly. this doesn't seem right to me though. has anyone else heard this?

What!? Oh, sure, well I happen to have a couple bags of dry cement mix in case you are interested. Seriously, some things are just beyond the pail.

What!? Oh, sure, well I happen to have a couple bags of dry cement mix in case you are interested. Seriously, some things are just beyond the pail.

yah. this guy seemed like an idiot.

and FYI, JRS does not sell XHD springs. they only have the SS or the stock ones(not for high performance applications)

so looks like i'm back to mancini

Sorry for the delay! We have 10 sets in stock at $349 a pair with free shipping to the 48 US States.

We don't have any additional discounts available at this time.

Thanks guys!

ORDERED THE SPINGS!!!

i ordered my extra heavy duty(XHD) A-body springs from mancini racing yesterday. the springs cost $215 for the set with $80 total shipping cost.

so $295 was the total cost of my XHD springs shipped to my door. they should be getting here soon!!!
so although shipping was ridiculous, mancini costed considerably less than anywhere else.
i'm excited now! :cheers:

also i ordered 2 sets of KYB gas-a-just shocks. cheapest place i found was through amazon.com. shipping was free because i have a prime account with them. so total those cost me $140 shipped.

thanks for the help guys.

now lets hope that the rest of this rear end swap goes smoothly!!

hey buddy, im glad you ordered your springs, you will be happy with them. mine have been great, they dont seem too stiff on my 63 wagon. i am also running kyb's in the back. if you have any questions let me know.

hey buddy, im glad you ordered your springs, you will be happy with them. mine have been great, they dont seem too stiff on my 63 wagon. i am also running kyb's in the back. if you have any questions let me know.

thanks i'm excited. i think they are going to "bring my car to life". it'll be a better stance, plus once i get my new wheels on there it'll be great.

i've got all sorts of stuff for my car on the way in the mail. gas tank, leaf springs, shocks, shifter. it's starting to come together. jsut gotta find time to put it all together with my busy schedule between college and work.

i'll let u know if i have questions though. thanks

It has been years since I needed any spring work on any of my trucks or cars. Besides the 3 I knew of where closed and out of business. So, I searched the local yellows pages online and found a few. 2 of them will make up the springs I want but they were $238.00 a piece, but no shipping.
I told them I wanted stock "A" body 340 springs with a 1" over stock...no problem. And this was yesterday.

It has been years since I needed any spring work on any of my trucks or cars. Besides the 3 I knew of where closed and out of business. So, I searched the local yellows pages online and found a few. 2 of them will make up the springs I want but they were $238.00 a piece, but no shipping.
I told them I wanted stock "A" body 340 springs with a 1" over stock...no problem. And this was yesterday.

well i paid 295 for a set of springs. so that seems like a better deal to me. but good luck on what you did and good luck with your project!

-
Back