XV Motorsports seatbelts

-

dusterglenn

Reaction score
Anybody buy seatbelts from xv Motorsports? It's the 3 point belts that I'm interested in. I tried contacting them through their website, but no luck, the message just got bounced back to me. Also, their online order system doesn't include any freight charge, says it will be calculated seperately. It also doesn't mention who they ship with. So, as a Canadian, I'm worried that I'm going to get totally hosed on the shipping charges.
One more thing, once you log into their website, there doesn't seem to be any way to log out...

Any other options for 3 point seatbelts?

Cool, they look suspiciously/exactly the same as the XV ones. And they have a user-friendly website.

lol.. most of the stuff xv sells can be bought somewhere else cheaper and with no XV logo.. :) they love tagging someone elses stuff and jacking up the price.

Got my Wesco belts last night. They look great. Same price as XV, but they ship by USPS rather than UPS, so no shipping/brokerage surprises. Maybe I'll post some install pics when I get to it...

not sure. they may make it in house. not too much to it, just have to find someone that can bed the square tube like that..

Got my Wesco belts last night. They look great. Same price as XV, but they ship by USPS rather than UPS, so no shipping/brokerage surprises. Maybe I'll post some install pics when I get to it...

Glenn, I know your post is a bit old, but I was curious to hear your experience with the belts. I've been pondering a new set of seatbelts in my Dart for a while, as the original ones from 74 can be a little hokey, and the last thing I want is issues with the one safety feature I have!

I purchased the XV belts for my Barracuda. I have a bench seat and ordered that version. The inner belt that bolts to the tunnel was way to long, the buckle wound up in the center of my gut. The inner belt does not come with any kind of sleeve to keep it from twisting, I got some from the junk yard. I don't think any belt with the recoil on the floor will bolt to the stock location, not enough room between the seat and the rocker. The XVs were no different. I drilled a hole in the rocker behind the seat, welded in a nut, then welded a large fender washer over it for extra strength.

Once I got them installed they work good and are comfortable.

I drove a 71 Road Runner last week with the XV belts. Test drove it hard around corners and tight manuvers.

I liked them a lot. Seemed confortable to me. Kept me in the seat and kept my torso from moving around.

Yes, the Wesco belts worked out excellent. I have some pictures at home, and I will post them tonight. Not too sure how I forgot to post them before...

Seatbelt pics.

IMG_1104.JPG

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1107.jpg

Yes, the Wesco belts worked out excellent. I have some pictures at home, and I will post them tonight. Not too sure how I forgot to post them before...

[Seatbelt pics.]

Awesome!
Thank you for the pictures. They do look good indeed.
I'm seriously thinking of ordering up a set now.
It'd be good to have my girlfriend feel safe riding in the car again, as the passenger side belt has a tendency to lock up harder than it needs to...

Thanks for posting this information. I am going to be in the market for seat belts for my 1970 Challenger R/T and will definitely consider these as an option

could you post some pictures of the belt around a person? i cant use the shoulder belts in my duster due to being hit in the ear with them.

ive been looking at the retractables for a while. how good does the lockup work? does it kick in during hard braking and cornering? how was the install? also, do they lock when you pull them all the way out and let them go back in? like for a car seat.

lastly, so you think they will clear a bench until i go buckets?

thanks for any help you can give me. i really want to do this upgrade soon.
michael

Thanks for the add'l pics. When I order mine I will tell them to send you a commission check!
C

I just looked at the link for Andover, and the lap belts looked cheaper, $45 each, but the 3 point belts looked like they were all $75 each. Did I miss something?

-
Back