Yay another fixed race!

-
If I recall correctly, wasn't it something like a minimum of 500 units sold to the public with the same body and powertrain in order to race that car? Now when was the last time anybody saw a V8 rear wheel drive Impala in the showroom? 1996! How about a V8 rear wheel drive Taurus or Fusion? Never such a critter existed. Same with the Camry. As soon as they did away with that rule, they rightfully should have dropped the words "stock car" from NASCAR.

True fact SCredneck :cheers:

NASCAR decided a few years ago to put all emphasis on the drivers and not the cars. Back in the old days, we were just happy that any MoPar won, but King Richard usually was the winner anyway. The COT cut the last cord for me.

For you guys that don't like NASCAR, there is an easy fix. Be like me, don't watch it.

By the same token, about the cars all being the same, when was the last time you saw a "Funny Car" that didn't look like every other one, including the engines. At least in nascar the engines are different from each other.

Actually Charrlie, the Ford funny cars are using an entirley new engine developed by Ford just for TF/FC.

I had season tickets to Fontana from the time they opened the track until just a couple of years ago. What did me in was their season ticket policy. You had to buy the complete weekend package in order to guarantee your same seats.
I was constantly giving away my Friday and Saturday race tickets to friends and co-workers. Got to be too expensive to have to buy tickets to 6 races per year when I just wanted to go to the 2 Sunday Cup races.
Now I watch on the garage TV while working on my '69 Dart.
But, truth be told, my favorite racing is still drag racing. Short, sensory overload, win or lose, end of story.

Dodge has a new engine for nascar to Joe, I am not up to date on it, But it's new for this hear. I will have to dig into this and find out where and when and what they did.

I think I remember hearing a couple weeks ago that the riceburners have a new engine for nascar as well.

If I recall correctly, wasn't it something like a minimum of 500 units sold to the public with the same body and powertrain in order to race that car? Now when was the last time anybody saw a V8 rear wheel drive Impala in the showroom? 1996! How about a V8 rear wheel drive Taurus or Fusion? Never such a critter existed. Same with the Camry. As soon as they did away with that rule, they rightfully should have dropped the words "stock car" from NASCAR.

I'll have to agree too, but NASCAR racing has a much better ring to it than NOTSTOCK racing

N.ational
O.rganization
T.o
S.crew
T.he
O.verworked
C.itizens and
K.ids

That's why I like SCCA racing. Take a stock sports car and um, er, go race.

I stoped watching crapcar. Stock cars that look nothng like a stocker and do not have one stock part on them. Stupid COT you cant even tell if you are looking at a ford chevy or a Dodge. And don't even get me started about toyota. toyota? What a joke.
__________________Burnt orange hit it on the head

I've been to a few races especially at the Milwaukee mile for the truck races. Its awesome in the infiled there sitting on turn two as the trucks fly by at eyes level. Course I also like the trailer races at the Rockford Speed Way. However i could give a rats *** about Nascar since half of them couldnt fix a car and whine about things. And I seem to remember that Jimmy Johnson got a few fishy wins when he was winning championships.

If I recall correctly, wasn't it something like a minimum of 500 units sold to the public with the same body and powertrain in order to race that car?

That's Bible there Lads.

attending any live sporting event is a "must do" in ones lifetime,
having said that, I love racing of all types and forms. However,
Nascar removed itself from "racing" with the restrictor plate.

I miss King Richard, and Sterling Moss, Don Garlits, etc etc
to many form of "racing' these days are nothing mare than self
perpetuating money generating infrastructures.

Sorry Folks , thx for letting me rant.:-D

Actually Charrlie, the Ford funny cars are using an entirley new engine developed by Ford just for TF/FC.

yes..the ENTIRELY new ford fuel engine looks just like the old fuel engine....a chrysler hemi...

distributor is still slanted..oil pump is on lower driver side...rockers and shafts are still the same...along with the valve covers...i believe they put ford part number on the bearings....

basically ford painted the block blue and put ford decals on the butterflies...

Theydon't give a rat's a@#% about the viewers on day ago, they want new football and basketball fans to watch. They don't know what there are watching anyway (thinks NASCAR) They want me to watch ,lets see mustangs, Challengers, and camaro's out there.
Sure Joe, they'll take the Challengers, Mustangs, and Camaros and template them to death so they'll all look the same anyways. The manufacturers have lost their identity. Remember: Win on Sunday, sell on Monday? Hasn't been that way for years, nobody knows or cares what car is winning, only knows who won. Crapcar for sure!

I was not aware of that. I thought all the TF/FC were still using the Chrysler Hemi clones. Thanks for the info.

No problem Charlie, let me see if I can find a picture:

boss500.jpg

yes..the ENTIRELY new ford fuel engine looks just like the old fuel engine....a chrysler hemi...

distributor is still slanted..oil pump is on lower driver side...rockers and shafts are still the same...along with the valve covers...i believe they put ford part number on the bearings....

basically ford painted the block blue and put ford decals on the butterflies...

Yep, I just took a closer look...... and still looks like it's designed after the good old chrysler hemi. I'm still amazed that these engines push 8000 hp, even if it's for only 4 to 5 seconds. I love that sound and when the races come on, they'll do a "Sounds of the Strip" and quit talking for 2 or 3 minutes, that's when the surround sound gets cranked up.

Nascar = WWF of motorsports.
The NHL is fetting to be the same. I wish everything would get back to old school when it was good, races was good and the stock cars were wrenched on and the average guy could buy the same parts and cars. Also the hockey was hockey no bullshit penalties, and the championship was legit not about the money!

I am strickly a "low buck", part time racer (as you can see by the cars in my sig). I don't go to the tracks with "big" races. This spring I did go to the Gatornationls, on Thursday, for qualifying. The first cars I saw were "super" class cars. On the first run, the cars left like ganbusters, then they both "broke" (or so I thought), then they took off again. I thought WTF? The next pair did the same thing, HUH? Then the dawn came. In my opinion, that is the most stupid thing I have ever seen in racing. No wonder there is no spectator appeal. Can you imagine trying to explain that to someone that is at the track for the first time?

i am going to next years nascar in las vegas, an i am very pumped to be going. hopefully its exciting :)

I am strickly a "low buck", part time racer (as you can see by the cars in my sig). I don't go to the tracks with "big" races. This spring I did go to the Gatornationls, on Thursday, for qualifying. The first cars I saw were "super" class cars. On the first run, the cars left like ganbusters, then they both "broke" (or so I thought), then they took off again. I thought WTF? The next pair did the same thing, HUH? Then the dawn came. In my opinion, that is the most stupid thing I have ever seen in racing. No wonder there is no spectator appeal. Can you imagine trying to explain that to someone that is at the track for the first time?

The only exception to the "super" classes is super stock. I go to NHRA events to see the pros, comp eliminator, stock and super stock. When the other super classes are running I walk through the pits.

-
Back