Year Ones Complete Dash Harness?

-

DOUGIE800

Reaction score
Do they come with most of the clips to plug in? And or fuse box/Bulk head for the fire wall? I have a burnt terminal And some toast wires just curious? D

DSCN1834.jpg

DSCN1837.jpg

I believe they come with everything (incl. ends) for a specific application but do not come with bulkheads. I haven't checked in awhile but maybe they sell the bulheads seperately.

I called about a harness and they told me it would be a minimum of 8 weeks.
I believe they come with the connectors, no bulkhead, and accessory harnesses are not included.

I just did this about 2 months ago (There is a thread on it) on a 71 340 duster. The harness came complete with all conectors and firewall bulkhead and fusebox, the only thing that it dosen't come with is any accessory harnesses (a/c reverse light ect...). This thing was basically take the old one out and drop the new one in it was that easy. They had mine in stock and was at my house in 3 days. Hope this helps,Lou

in case you really enjoy getting aggravated you can get the bulkheads new. most of the terminals/plugs are available and build your own. just keep the beer handy.....

They are about as exact as you can get. Yes, they come with bulkheads and fuse boxes on ALL dash harnesses. As stated they do not come with any accessory harnesses.

Secondly, they are the ONLY ones making dash harnesses.

Right On Thanks Guys, Up In the air If should try to fix mine or spend the cash. I know what My gut sais buy new don't f--k around. Just need to find what caused the burnt wire first. Thanks D

Enough current will melt anything anyone sells. Throwing money at the problem wont fix it or prevent its reoccuring. Just my .02

No for sure, took the old harness to guy that built my engine Mopar Fella, he did say would be a pain to fix but could be done . We need to figure out what caused it also. But the wires are the originals so 39 40 years Old. As they are all good when they go back in don't care what it costs. Dog pro Can't find that thread can you paste on here? Thanks D

Right On Thanks Guys, Up In the air If should try to fix mine or spend the cash. I know what My gut sais buy new don't f--k around. Just need to find what caused the burnt wire first. Thanks D

buy new definatley.. yes you have to find out what melted the old one but its not worth screwing around with 40 year molested wires. your asking for trouble if you ask me.

The pin that is melted in your picture is pin P. That pin is the output from the alternator going to the ammeter gauge in the dash. This is a common problem with Mopars and the source of most dash wiring meltdowns.

You can fix this by using a ammeter bypass kit from MAD Electrical (about $25). Repairing and cleaning your old underdash wiring is not that difficult. It requires the ability to solder and read and understand the wiring diagrams in the factory service manual. Read my thread at the following link:
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=73437

Or, you could spend the $450.

Pulled My Voltage Regulator off and seems fishy, back is pushed away From the housing thinking its fried, Kinda with you Joe just replace the wiring. Kinda like alot of stuff on the car I have repalced expensive, but will be on there the rest of my life. D

DSCN1858.jpg

DSCN1860.jpg

I just did this about 2 months ago (There is a thread on it) on a 71 340 duster. The harness came complete with all conectors and firewall bulkhead and fusebox, the only thing that it dosen't come with is any accessory harnesses (a/c reverse light ect...). This thing was basically take the old one out and drop the new one in it was that easy. They had mine in stock and was at my house in 3 days. Hope this helps,Lou
Hi, I have a 1970 340 Duster,and have had wiring problems.Would the 71 harness be the same as the 70? What was the $ on that harness? Thanks, Craig.

Hey Craig I just ordered mine this morning, not cheap $549 U.S less 5% for online order big deal cause have to change to Canadian bucks, but Ill look for the link if cant find it its on Yearones site. Takes a bit to find it did for me but think theres a different part number for 1970 But Ill see if can find will post D

Sorry it took so long to get back I might have been able to save you some money! On Moparts there is a code for year one in the new product/deal section that gives 15% off plus another 5% on orders over $500 so you would save $100 sorry that is when I bought mine in july I am not sure if the code is still good. Lou

No worries, got 15% off anyway via some online promotion right now. Still quite a chunk of cash. What ever as long as Get it all worked out. I ordered a main engine harness too little confused what this all has in it? Part #HU203A from YearOne also. But doesnt say anything about the alternator fields but on my car its the same group of wires as the temp switch/ coil power etc. Kinda hping to replace as much of this old wiring as possible. D

-
Back