Yellowish browish stuff in oil

-

tekslk

Reaction score
Just checked my oil and it has a sludge on dip stick sorta cream color what is it and what causes it?

most likely coolant or condensation head gasget may be starting to leak

its water in the oil but it may be only condensation. We can hope that's all it is.
Good luck

If it ts just at the top of the dipstick most likely it is condensation and you just need to take the car out for a nice long cruse to drive the moisture out of the oil, but if the dipstick is like that all the way down, do not drive it, most likely you have coolant in your oil and driving it that way you run the risk of bearing failure or even having a bearing seize!

Nuttyprof

Was there a lot or just a little near the top. If It was the latter (I hope),.Its just condensation,...clean your pcv valve, change your oil and put some miles on her.

Just at the top of dipstick probably too many short runs this winter I will freshen it up today thanks everyone.

If it's a small block, it could be a timing cover leak too......

my aluminum valve covers get it from the dampness here , used to freak me out but it seems to stay on the aluminum ,every time I pull them to check the valves and heads have clean oil and the dipstick is clear , just creamy around the breathers

-
Back