Yes, I Fully Realize How Fortunate I Am....

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
...to have landed a new job so soon!
Some of you may remember my thread started just a month ago about my getting caught by the economy again and my job eliminated by the company I'd been with for the past year-and-a-half. I was worried that it was going to be a long search and really concerned that my age and gray hair was going to be a huge turnoff to prospective employers.
Well, this truly was the case of a door closing on one opportunity and a window opening on another.
I was shocked at just how quick that window opened! Just two weeks after losing my job, I saw a promising opportunity listed on Monster.com. I sent in my resume and received a return call just a little over an hour later. I went in for an interview the next day and met with the VP/Sales & Marketing and the President of the company. Everything went really well.
Today I received the official job offer! Wow!!!
This turned out to be a "Perfect Storm":
My experience is exactly what my new company was looking for - they said they need my experience because they don't have anyone that could train me in what they want me to do! The base pay is 92% of what I'd been making with my last company (where salaries have been frozen for over two years) and the opportunity is there to make 150% of what I had been making.

Yes, I truly realize just how fortunate I am. I wish everyone out there looking for a job could be as lucky and fortunate as me.
This Christmas just turned a bunch brighter!
Thanks to all of you for your good wishes on my last job-searching thread.

thats good to hear, that you see you are blessed... even when you dont think so...
today i had a friend call me and we talked about things and he told me just how blessed i was...i laughed and said yea, you dont live in the house with me..he start to tell me your house is nice and paid for, your truck is nice and paid for,your just a few mouths from paying your work truck off (dump truck) and you always seem to make out even when you complain....and i thought you are right..after the phone call was over it made me do a little more thinking and looking around and i am blessed...and i give thanks to god for that and all i have and all my friends .....:angel1::angel1::angel1:

Well Congradulations and Merry Christmas all rolled into one.:hello1: A lot of these companies, south and north of the border, that laid off workers went after their high wage people which just so happened to be their highest experience people. As soon as things start turning around guess what, they realize they've screwed themselves. BTW, grey's becoming the new "in demand" color.:thumblef::thumblef:

Congratulations on finding a new job. We are so conditioned by everything around us expect things to be difficult, but sometimes things do go our way. Like what demon seed said, companies have gotten rid of dead wood and they only want the best people.

really happy for you. now aren't you glad you didn't dye your hair:thumblef:
Merry Xmas and now a Great New Year:cheers:

A loud and proud Congratulations to you ocdart :hello1::blob::hello1:
We are all so happy here on the hill for you :D:D:D:D
and we wish you a very Merry Christmas and enjoy the coming of a new year.

gray hair is better then no hair :-# Have a great day :coffee2:

really happy for you. now aren't you glad you didn't dye your hair:thumblef:

That was never going to happen! What you see is what you get.

Thanks all for all of your good wishes.

Merry Christmas to all of my FABO family!

Man thats got to feel good and congrats..My mother always said to one door closes and another will open you just have to be looking for it... Thanks mom for the wisdom now im 43 and i think she new what she was talking about .R.I.P mom

-
Back