Yoke Holder

-

Demon416

A-Body
Reaction score
For anyone interested in making their own tools. I made this holder for holding the yoke while torquing the pinion nut. I'll use this one for the 8 3/4 or Dana 60 with the 1350 yoke. My old one broke so thought it was time to make a new one. I'm not a very good welder as you can see. lol

yoke1.jpg

yoke2.jpg

Great job Jim. I am getting ready to make one for myself. I looked at buying one and saw they are over $60. Wow!!

I love it when I can make my own tools as long as it's cost effective. So far I've made a valve spring compressor for changing springs while the heads are on and made a pushrod length checker out of an old pushrod. Neither took much time so they were cost effective.

BTW: I'm not much of a welder either but get the job done.

Looks great! I have heard of people using a flat blade shovel and drilling holes to hold the yoke.

Great job Jim. I am getting ready to make one for myself. I looked at buying one and saw they are over $60. Wow!!

I love it when I can make my own tools as long as it's cost effective. So far I've made a valve spring compressor for changing springs while the heads are on and made a pushrod length checker out of an old pushrod. Neither took much time so they were cost effective.

BTW: I'm not much of a welder either but get the job done.

And the pics of those tools are where exactly Tracy? :-D 8)

Nice work on the yoke holder.

Thanks for the positive comments. fishy68: I spent about $6.00 on a piece of 3" flat stock. Had the other steel laying around. Took about 2 hours to complete.

Thanks for the positive comments. fishy68: I spent about $6.00 on a piece of 3" flat stock. Had the other steel laying around. Took about 2 hours to complete.

That's what we like. Cheap tools that work.

And the pics of those tools are where exactly Tracy? :-D 8)

Gonna put me to work ain't ya Rob!!:angry7:.................... :toothy10:

Tomorrow's gonna be real busy but I'll do my best to take some pics Tuesday and post them. I might just start a thread in the general forum on home made tools. I bet there's allot of us that do it and maybe we can all benefit from each others ideas.

fishy68: Good idea. I'd like to see some homemade tools. Would be nice to see what other members have made.

Mancini Racing carries a universal yoke holder for $22.

$22+ shipping. That is cheap. I wonder how cheap? Wouldn't buy it anyway. I made a couple for me. LOL

If I read the post correctly you spent 2 hours making yours. Some people can make more than $10 an hour so they would rather buy a tool for $22 than work 2 hours to make one.

If I read the post correctly you spent 2 hours making yours. Some people can make more than $10 an hour so they would rather buy a tool for $22 than work 2 hours to make one.
What if all the stores are closed and your 20 miles away in a snow storm with a flat??LOL!

Go spend your money then. I guess if you make $10.00 an hour or more, that tool will still cost part of your wages. Where's the logic in that? Besides, I enjoy wasting time making stuff. My labor is free. If you own a Mopar you've got to be resourceful. jmo

-
Back