You guys/gals are gonna be sick of me...

-

hellion_locdogg

Slant Sickness
Reaction score
Starting March 14 to July 30 I will be working a mandatory 58hr/week schedule. Ten hour days and mandatory 8 hr Sat. Any vac will be time and a half, but we have to use vac to get a Sat off...:wack: :thebirdm:

I had a job like that once. Seeing as how it was in a extremely hot cardboard factory it was easy to hate every minute of it. Most of the time I worked 12 hrs. a day 13 days on with 1 day off.

Starting March 14 to July 30 I will be working a mandatory 58hr/week schedule. Ten hour days and mandatory 8 hr Sat. Any vac will be time and a half, but we have to use vac to get a Sat off...:wack: :thebirdm:
what do you do? Plus I can't see me getting tired of you. I think me and you are the only Warner Barracks boys here...

well you better get out to speed world for your last week as a free man!
:clock:

Worked a 50 hr (minimum) week for the last 3 years. Pay is good, but I'm tired. Watch out for burnout.

Well congrats on finding a job!!! crappy hours or not a roof over your head and food on the table are pretty hard to complain about lol.

I work at Honeywell as an aerospace machinist, it sounds cool, but it's one of the most monotonous jobs ever.... And I can't even get away with working on "G" jobs (personal jobs hehe).... If I start loosing it atleast you guys will be my witnesses. I'm curious to see what 36 hrs of OT + 80 reg looks like on a check though. I'm sure I'll make a list and have it all spent before I even start.

I work at Honeywell as an aerospace machinist, it sounds cool, but it's one of the most monotonous jobs ever.... And I can't even get away with working on "G" jobs (personal jobs hehe).... If I start loosing it atleast you guys will be my witnesses. I'm curious to see what 36 hrs of OT + 80 reg looks like on a check though. I'm sure I'll make a list and have it all spent before I even start.

In high school I worked as a machinist for very well known company in the R/C world, and I completely agree for the most part I was bored out of my friggn noggin, most fun I had was when I got to machine the stock for the CNC's because we still did it with hand ran lathe's. The CNC machines themselves were definitely boring, also got sick of the coolant shredding my hands...non toxic my ***......

I worked like that when i was young. 10 years of it. Longest shift was 23 hours. Longest week was 121 hours in 7 days. I do miss it, being young that is. Good luck to you.

I averaged 70 hours a week from 1995-2008 at the Post Office. The hours got old real quick....

Man, I wish my hours would get cut that low. I'm going in on Sundays even, and 12 hr days. Saturday is only about 4 hrs. Worst part is..I'm salaried. Someone better come through with a sweet bonus THIS year:angry7:

I am on a 115 hour week for the 3rd straight week... Problem is I am salaried so it is just sucking...

Very cool for the $$ factor but for me o/t got tiresome. I mostly was too tired anyways...The way our shifts and shedules worked we were 4 on and 4 off,12 hour shifts. The paychecks were min 72 hours,some were 84 and then a big 96 hours as well. Plus we could work all of our days off if we wanted,there is so much o/t at teck it's crazy. I had a paycheque with over 128 hours one time..at great union wages I was making a killing. But the govt took a TON of it,so I finally said enough.

-
Back