Young gun forum yes or no?

Young gun forum for mopar lovin young gearheads?

• YES !!

Votes: 60 47.6%
  • Fuggetaaboutdid no...

Votes: 66 52.4%

• Total voters
-
It's interesting to see how most of the comments on here are saying how its a bad idea but the poll is pretty split down the middle. I don't see any harm in having a forum for younger users, they don't HAVE to use it, but if they want to then they can. I would imagine that young guns have more in common like budget, school, and other things that the older guys are simply out of touch with. All the younger guys and gals that see it as a "kids table" shouldn't go on it, and leave it to those that do want to use it. I understand that you need to get used to the older guys that have been around the block, but I just can't see myself going in a junkyard with someone that's 30 years older than me. It'd be nice if we could get in touch with other young members because car restorers are a dying breed.

I think its a great IDEA, however most kids today are into rice burners or modern cars. I tried to get my son and his friends interested in my 340 clone bulider and their response was that they want a new "real" sports car. I cant wait to smoke some of my sons friends cars and then maybe he will change his mind.........

I don't see any harm in having a forum for younger users, they don't HAVE to use it

Maybe thats because you aren't the one trying to run this site. Joey, and all the mods work hard to keep this site running well now. It's easy for us to say "add this or add that" but someone has to pay for it. When I was a kid, I stood around in awe as my Uncles and their friends talked cars. Lets just encourage the younger members to hang WITH US, and we can enjoy each others common interest...A-bodie Mopars.

We are ALL young guns at heart.

Maybe thats because you aren't the one trying to run this site. Joey, and all the mods work hard to keep this site running well now. It's easy for us to say "add this or add that" but someone has to pay for it. When I was a kid, I stood around in awe as my Uncles and their friends talked cars. Lets just encourage the younger members to hang WITH US, and we can enjoy each others common interest...A-bodie Mopars.

It will be no harder to police than what we have now.

As far as turning wrenches it was always me or me and a buddy. MY Dad wasnt into cars. Just another thing to break,lol.

It may even attract more young guns to the sight and make them realise just how many mopar youg guns there are. Maybe it'll make Honda's "uncool",lol!

The more diverse Fabo becomes,the more likely we will bring in a few more youngsters...

72DARTSWINGERV8; You are the sort of guy I had in mind and have the same idea regarding the youg guns forum. A place where they can go to be away from old farts if they want...lol!

Can we get a honda forum on here? I mean I love mopars but its just plain mean to leave the honda guys out.....poor honda guys:angry7:

It will be no harder to police than what we have now.

It isn't just about policing. It's about someones hard earned money. You don't just expand and change for free. I believe the younger owners are attracted here because of what this site is now. If we get any more diverse, we will be just another moparts.
I love to see the young guns on here among us, not hidden in their own little clique.

@needsaresto: It's not so much that I don't like hangin with the older guys, because watching my grandpa work on his Willys and Model A got me addicted to cars to begin with, but its slim pickins to try and find anyone in 50 miles that is around my age and is into Mopar.

In the 60s and 70s cars were way more approachable and customizable than they are today. Sure, there are the ricers and what not like you see in Fast and Furious movies but there's nothing like building a muscle car from back in the day. I own a Supra and a Dart and I get comments on the Supra sometimes, and I just think to myself how they really don't know what cool car is. It's hard to find young guys that work on cars that aren't boosted Nissans or Hondas. And when you do find some younger guys working on older cars, they are either Chevys or Rustangs.

It isn't just about policing. It's about someones hard earned money. You don't just expand and change for free. I believe the younger owners are attracted here because of what this site is now. If we get any more diverse, we will be just another moparts.
I love to see the young guns on here among us, not hidden in their own little clique.

wHo says it will be free. It may very well becoame a busy spot and attract more gold memberships. And there is a new server in the works,so timing as far as adding a forum go's is pretty good I think.

I dont know about them hiding. If they want good answeres they will post in the right forum like they do now.

And this place will NEVER BLOW LIKE MOPARTS<LOL

Anything that will get more young people into the hobby is a good thing.

I agree. Been here a few years and am noticing a lot of newer members always trying to change things.

Hey wild. It isnt about segregation. Just a lure to bring in a few more young guns. It's not like they will be restricted to it.

What newer members. I've been here since 2004,so cant be me...lol

I think it would be cool, but I don't think having it or not having it is really gonna affect the site, and how often I visit it.

I voted yes, but I take it back. I think I'd get into too many fights in a young gun forum. I can't stand people my own age most of the time.

I'm not sure if its a good idea. There is just guna be asked questions that could have been asked in existing areas of the forums but in another area of the forum. now a young gun title might be easier and better. Then everyone would see they are a young gun and help them out accordingly. It would be cool if it was a title set using the members birth date in their profile, although I understand this could be really hard to do or impossible. Anyway being a young gun myself i don't think we need our own forum.

I think what we should be doin is encouragin new and young members to go gold. That way they can give back to the site just a small portion of what they take from it. It's not like it's very expensive. Even my broke *** can do it.

I think what we should be doin is encouragin new and young members to go gold. That way they can give back to the site just a small portion of what they take from it. It's not like it's very expensive. Even my broke *** can do it.

I did it the other night and am happy I did. :cheers:

A gear head is a gear head! Sometimes the old geezers have a wealth of info to share that the young pups need.

I have always felt that one of the strengths of this forum was the mix of ages, genders,viewpoints,etc. and I don't think that anyone should be segregated or judged based on their age. If our hobby is going to continue, it will be because of the knowledge and lore pased down from 1 generation to the next.

..................but I'm old, so what do I know?

-
Back