Young Gun Giveaway!!!!!!!

-

Badart

Reaction score
It's time to give back a little to this great site and help out a young gun out there, because we all know that most of them don't have much money. If you are a young gun, let's say 25 years old and under then tell us what attracted you to mopars. Tell us your story with a picture of your car and I will take your name and drop it in a hat and draw for these tubular upper control arms. :cheers: Let's make the cutoff next Saturday the 19th. Here are a few rules.

*You must be an active member here
*Your post count must be more than 50
*You must be 25 years old and under
*You must post a picture of your A body and tell us your story

These A body tubular arms are my own design and are DOM thick wall tubing. They are big ball joint so if you are using an early spindle then the hole will have to be reamed in order for them to work. They have been engineered with an additional 5 degrees of positive caster and use a factory style bushing.

*I will tack weld in the ball joint before shipping them.

Let's hear it young guns.

Attachments

• Ad photo.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 426
  • Ad photo2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 426
I'm Kegan I'm 14 and what attracted me to Mopars was, my grandfather's 71 J6 340/727 Duster and his 69 Dodge Dart GTS 340 4 speed F3 car. He gave me the GTS to redo as a H.S. car. Has a 340 and 833 going to be F3 green with a white stripe and centerlines up front and cragar s/s's out back.

Omg I so need thes like bad Heres mine I have a 65 barracuda I already have the spindles ! Ok well long story on how i got it .. I traded to for one lol I traded a 65 val wagon and a diff barracuda that both was rusty tthis one is not full of rust will need 1/4s but floor pans are clean .. But have been poorly pached .. Its a 225 slant 6 car with a/c but the a/c will be gone when im done . I have alot of plans but *** all the rest im short on cash im now working on a 10 year plan lol well thats bout it

will you post to australia

if so im 19, ive owned this 1975 valiant ute for 5 yrs, spent two yrs building in had a inline 6 for couple and now has a 318/392 ci stroker with eddy heads, 727 and a 8 3/4 diff makes 360rwhp and has run 12.3 @ 110 (second pass out) and has since run 7.58 at 91mph over the 1/8th (street driven), i also have a 1970 vg valiant ute project which will be an inline 6 daily, dad and uncles have valiants (all a body mopars) which is how i got into it.

cheers ash
heres a few pics of the car and heck even a video link or two

http://s893.photobucket.com/albums/... drags 2012/?action=view&current=P5060595.mp4

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-VZfIUbp9E&feature=plcp"]Ash 6.4.12.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

330385_363149003695533_100000013106022_1446718_186214667_o.jpg

337516_363053327038434_100000013106022_1446542_1411689523_o.jpg

461053_397395163604250_100000013106022_1540262_195603248_o.jpg

541251_447684178579423_100000135331978_1915025_13368219_n.jpg

P5060622.jpg

wow this is super nice! well im 22 and i first got into mopars a long time ago playing with hot wheels and my dad taking my to car shows because of the vibrant colors the mopars really stood out to me as a kid and looked just like my hot wheels! as i got old i loved the lines on mopars and when it came time for me to buy a project car mopar was the only way to go! i wanted to be different the everyone else getting mustangs and camaros. so i bought my 1971 plymouth scamp.

Attachments

• scamp 9.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 373
  • scamp9.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 359
Hi,
My name is Mike. I'm 23 years old and have been building Mopars since I was about 12 years old. My dad and I restored the 72 Roadrunner below. I wish I had some before pictures. It was a basket case!
I'm in the process of rebuilding/modifying my '73 Dart Swinger now. I have a full build thread on here with more pictures.
I apologize for the poor picture quality, but it's all I have with me.
Thanks for your consideration!

-Mike

Attachments

• 73Swinger.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 367
  • 1972_plymouth_roadrunner(sm).jpg
    48 KB · Views: 373
My name is Michael, I am 22 and I go to school at Long Beach State. I have had this car since 2006. Me and this car have been through a lot! this car has had 2 different engines, 3 different sets of heads, 4 different cam shafts and has yet to be finished. This is a car that I learned to do everything on my own with. I do have help from my friend Stephon when he can help, but I do everything else myself. I learned how to do breaks, build a high performance engine and how to solve many problems. The car is currently being torn apart to be painted and done correctly for once and for all. It will be plum crazy with 410 stroker and will hopefully run low 11s and high 10s someday. This is something that me and my dad share common knowledge on besides baseball. He had a 68 and a 74 roadrunner. This car will be with me for as long as possible. I hope to never sell it and it literally has been my girlfriend. All the jobs I have worked since buying it have just been to fund paying for parts and without it I would prolly be driving a rice rocket and getting in trouble. :burnout: But instead I have this awesome car and almost done with school and the next step is to decide what I want to do after I graduate.

Attachments

• 5733_126475338857_588488857_3103793_3111680_n.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 349
  • 269661_10150367261273858_588488857_10408099_3221138_n.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 340
hey John, I've been into mopars ever since i was 10 or 11 watchin dukes of hazzard and my brother buying a 70 swinger ....ahhh shucks i missed it by 12 yrs. very thoughtful John helpin the youngins so far im seein some nice canadates for those UCA's

John,
This is a great thing you are doing to help the hobby!! All I can say is I wish I was 25 again I could really use a pair of those. Nice work!!
~Michael

i am almost 26 in a few weeks, so i am at the fine line of young gun and old person. i am a very untraditional mopar girl. i was born and raised in south central India, on 8/17/01 i was in an accident, i was in a building that collapsed, so while in the hospital i had plenty of time to read, so a family friend who i now call my brother (fabo member yellowdart72 from Colorado) brought me a stack of mopar magazines so i would not be bored and improve my english......while reading mopar magazines i absolutely fell in love with a sublime 70 road runner so much that i cut out the little pic of the car and kept it in my make-up case for years...i moved to the US on 2/12/02 mainly for better health care bcoz i needed a lot of serguries from the accident. in 2004 i got a student visa and on may of 2004 i started auto school at a community college which was a nitemare due to my lack of english and not being welcomed with other students and some teachers, but i finished so i do all my own work.(i love to weld lol) since 2004 i have been collecting mopars so i have quite a few projects now, i find it good therapy to work on cars bcoz they are like large puzzles, and you can do so much to them. i could not have done it without the help of my brother who has always been a moparhead..my first A-body was a 72 dart and my current project is a 69 dart....for the sake of space i will stop now bcoz i can go on and on. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=188256

Attachments

• CIMG0317.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 345
  • IMAG0136.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 343
Hi im Emilio andwill be turnin 15 on June 12. Been around cars since before I could walk. My father used to tell me how to change the oil and other things when I was in the ICU. Me and my dad are currently removing the engne in the swinger for a rebuild.
Been suffering from MOPAR fever ever since.
The 1973 duster will hopefully be my first car. And the 1974 Swinger will be the weekend warrior.

Attachments

• 1973 Tan Duster 2.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 336
  • 1973 Tan Duster.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 326
  • Dart Swinger 2.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 339
  • Dart Swinger.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 338
Hi my names Ian :smile: im 19 years young and when i was young i was a ford kid :wack: main reason was my dad owns a restored 68 mustang convertible has 302ci in it and has 289 on the stand next to it ready for rebuild. The first very clear memory of when i was in the car was back when i was in a car seat still. we went down to rhode island for a cookout and we took that and my moms sable. leaving the cookout me and my brother got to ride in the car for our first time. back seat in booster seats with the top down. uncle came running out and ask my dad if he was crazy for letting us ride in it. my dad being "billy badass" jumps on the gas and spins the tires all the way up the street :burnout: it was then and there i was hooked on cars. ever since anything that had to do with motors i loved. games, anything. i even made leaf piles in the fall and shaped them to look like a car and pretending to race and stuff. mustangs fords. big motors. then.......i saw it. 69 hemi charger. i was at a car show at the age of 14. fell in love instantly. like a light bulb switched on in my head. :idea1: since then it was anything mopar. my favorite that ive seen of all of them, is the 1969 coronet superbee. one day i will own one hell or high water.
Anyhoo... i was 16 and got my permit. i had saved up from summers of work and needed a 6 cylinder gas saver. i looked for a year. looking looking loooking. Dart? whats that? its a dodge! hmmmmm...............Yes. I love it. looks mean and in charge. its a 6 cylinder i love it. needless to say two weeks later and some talking i was driving home 50 miles with a 74 dart swinger on the trailer pulled by my dad friend. there was no back seat in the guys truck and i was sitting on a bundle of jumper cables. but my eyes did not leave that car the whole ride home. i loved it.
i brought it home and before anything ever happened. i ordered a front end rebuild kit and new leaf springs. week later they came. And for the first time ever. i got to work on a car. took me two weeks to do it on my own. but i got it down and it came out wonderful. not bad for the first time working on cars. i wasnt new to tools but....yeah. love the car. and imma keep it forever.

Attachments

• 1229111313.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 319
  • 0417121848a.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 317
I'm James I'll be 20 in august and I have been hardcore mopar for as long as I can remember my mom even jokes that my first word was hemi lol I got the bug from my dad who is about as mopar to the bone as I am. My A body is a 1964 dodge dart GT 225 /6 push button auto and I saw it on the side of the road every time me and my grandfather would go to the lake for about six months until my mom ended up buying it for my 15th birthday. The car is bone stock other than it currently has a 83 slant in it until I can rebuild the original. This car was the car that got me into working on cars and its the car I am doing most of my learning on as I go. The car is getting close to being a driver it just needs a turn signal switch, brake light switch, and new bushings/ hardware in the front end to take care of some slop and camber issues. I love my little dart.

100_0574.jpg

2011-06-08123247.jpg

Messy I know I have to straighten it up and finish the super six conversion.
2011-09-25105759.jpg

I have been on here awhile but here I go. I am Keith I am 16 I bought my first car when I was 15. The car I bought was a 1973 Plymouth Duster /6 auto. I plan on making it a 340 4 speed (hints: Plan on). I bought the car because my dad said he had a 72 340 4 speed duster. The car build is coming along slowly bit coming on. Right now I use the car as my Daily Driver for school and work. Me and my dad are doing all the work.

When I bought it
firstcar001.jpg

duster010.jpg

Work being done
dfuster002-1.jpg

frontparts004.jpg

frontparts003.jpg

frontparts005.jpg

dashnew001.jpg

What it looks like now
IMG_1775.jpg

Car012.jpg

i am almost 26 in a few weeks, so i am at the fine line of young gun and old person. i am a very untraditional mopar girl. i was born and raised in south central India, on 8/17/01 i was in an accident, i was in a building that collapsed, so while in the hospital i had plenty of time to read, so a family friend who i now call my brother (fabo member yellowdart72 from Colorado) brought me a stack of mopar magazines so i would not be bored and improve my english......while reading mopar magazines i absolutely fell in love with a sublime 70 road runner so much that i cut out the little pic of the car and kept it in my make-up case for years...i moved to the US on 2/12/02 mainly for better health care bcoz i needed a lot of serguries from the accident. in 2004 i got a student visa and on may of 2004 i started auto school at a community college which was a nitemare due to my lack of english and not being welcomed with other students and some teachers, but i finished so i do all my own work.(i love to weld lol) since 2004 i have been collecting mopars so i have quite a few projects now, i find it good therapy to work on cars bcoz they are like large puzzles, and you can do so much to them. i could not have done it without the help of my brother who has always been a moparhead..my first A-body was a 72 dart and my current project is a 69 dart....for the sake of space i will stop now bcoz i can go on and on. http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=188256

Very cool story. I am very impressed.

There have to be more young guns out there than this?

I was thinking the same thing. These control arms would be a wonderful addition to any project and for young guns you cannot beat the price.

Again this is really cool of you John!!!

~Michael

-
Back