Your Dogs Ever Steal From You?

-
the 3 little ones tend not to take a certain thing but at random take off with some thing.

we never did find out what they did, after this pic was taking.

We didn't do it!!!!.jpg

A dog never stole anything from me but he liked the neighbors newspapers. I had a Welsh Corgi I would let out in the morning while I made the coffee. I taught him to fetch the paper and would reward him with a dog biscuit. Well one morning I made the coffee and was distracted by a phone call. When I went to let the dog in I found 12 newspapers on the door step and no dog. He was off getting another one. I ran out of dog biscuits that morning.
From then on I waited till he was done with his business and fetched the paper before I let him in and made my coffee.

Some day I'll tell you all about Penelope,the pig, I use to own.

A dog never stole anything from me but he liked the neighbors newspapers. I had a Welsh Corgi I would let out in the morning while I made the coffee. I taught him to fetch the paper and would reward him with a dog biscuit. Well one morning I made the coffee and was distracted by a phone call. When I went to let the dog in I found 12 newspapers on the door step and no dog. He was off getting another one. I ran out of dog biscuits that morning.From then on I waited till he was done with his business and fetched the paper before I let him in and made my coffee.

Some day I'll tell you all about Penelope,the pig, I use to own.

That's a great story......I love it!! :sign5:

Several years ago at Thanksgiving, we had cooked the turkey on the BBQ. Carved it outside on the patio table and carried in the platter. Sat down to dinner with our guests and noticed there were no dogs around.....hmmm.

I ran outside and somehow the carcus of the bird ended up on the ground. I wish I had my camera. The looks on their faces were priceless :tongue8:

about 20 yrs ago i had a sheltie named Mr McDuff .I had just heated up the last slice of leftover pizza from the night before , put it on a plate on the coffee table then went back to the kitchen for a drink ,bad move .I come out of the kitchen lock eyes with the dog he's got my pizza in his mouth about an inch off the plate . son of a bi OK OK its yours bud RIP Mr McDuff cagey adversary i miss that dog

Great stories everyone! Keep them coming.

I had austrailian shepherd named Sandy that was quite the thief. I made lunch, put it in a plastic grocery bag and hung it on the door knob so I wouldn't forget it. Sure enough I went right by it when I left. I realized what I did as soon as I got about a block away and came right back. The bag was gone.....

I called for Sandy and she came in the dog door with my entire sandwich in her chops, realized what she did and ran right back out the dog door with the sandwich. I was going to be late so I just let it go. When I got back home I found the ziplock bag in the back yard opened with nary a tooth mark in it. I still don't know how she did that. She could steal and unwrap candy bars and foil covered chocolates too.

My dog (black lab/shep) tends to pick up whatever's around - bath towel, grandkids' bibs/toys, napkins, etc....
My wife's dog is a major food-felon. Leave anything unattended on the table/counter and it's his. Bagels w/ cream cheese, english muffins w/ butter & jelly, hot sausage sandwiches, baby cookies. He always tries to frame the other dog - I've caught him in the act!

I think Maxi is just trying to tell you that the black-socks and sandal look is.. well... embarassing to him.

Years back had a shepX, that got out of the yard. After scouring the neighborhood, I came home only to find him in the yard with what looked like some big carcass. On closer inspection, it was a half-cooked chicken. I would have searched out where he got that from, but instead decided it was best to just lay low for a few days :)

Grant

My Boston Terrier Buster stole my teddy bear.Yuk he can have it now.......

That's what Cortez does when his blanket comes out of the dryer......I can't leave freshly dried laundry alone or it WILL get humped.....

Now that's my kind of dog! If only he could put them back on and torque them at 100 ft. lbs.

:-D roll over, roll over, roll over, roll over, etc.

the dog i had togheter with my ex was very good at stealing some very small stuff:
the litle piece of fabric with washinginstructions from my ex underwear i still dont know how but all those litle tags disapered without ANY trace of the fact that they could have ever been on the clothes and without any damage to the clothes,very impressive..

another thing that was actualy alitle creapy about him was that you couldnt leave him alone anywhere near a teddybear anywhere for more than 30seconds or the teddybear would loose his eyes once again with absolutely no trace of damage to the teddybear,and you couldnt even see that those teddybears hade ever had any eyes on them.
but he never stole any food from anyone and wouldnt ever touch his own food until i said it was ok after i thought him that since it was totaly impossible to give him any food without spilling out the whole sack of dryfood on the floor before,it was actualy pretty impressive, he could sit forewer by his food without tuching it until i said the word then the food would disapear in seconds i never let him starve for sure but it was a good excersise in patience for him:)

on another hand he was a great antitheft device i lived next door to my father and my father would from time to time come into my apartment and borrow some bear wich was totaly ok by me, the fridge was just inside the door and Bosco would let my father come into my home when i wasnt there but not one step further than the fridge,the times he tried that Bosco very quickly showed him that that was not accepted and to not push his luck,my father would just take one step back and it would all be good, a very good watchdog for sure wich realy liked my father but he had his border set :)

untitledyy.jpg

i realy miss that dog rest in peace

Vader does what ever he wants. He's big and i dont mess with him:-D

is that a Berner Sennen ? not sure on the english name of the bread but it may be the same as here?
those are large,very strong but very friendly dogs from what litle i know:) used to have a mixed race dog 1/4 Berner Sennen very nice dog:)

Never had trouble out of the dogs. Now my 17 going on 18 year old son is a different story. Kid will steal my underwear off me if I'm not careful. Of course he has been doing drugs and skipping school more than he goes.....can't keep a simple job more than a month without screwing it up. Stole my blueray collection I got from the wife for Christmas, got my IP adress blocked from craigslist for fraudulent sales, steals money out of my grandkids piggy banks, takes money right out of my pockets if I leave my clothes out in my bedroom......goes on and on. I'm about ready to kick his *** out when he turns 18 if his attitude doesn't change. Sorry for the rant everyone. I've always tried to teach my kids not to be lazy bums and that it takes hard work to be sucsessful.

Never had trouble out of the dogs. Now my 17 going on 18 year old son is a different story. Kid will steal my underwear off me if I'm not careful. Of course he has been doing drugs and skipping school more than he goes.....can't keep a simple job more than a month without screwing it up. Stole my blueray collection I got from the wife for Christmas, got my IP adress blocked from craigslist for fraudulent sales, steals money out of my grandkids piggy banks, takes money right out of my pockets if I leave my clothes out in my bedroom......goes on and on. I'm about ready to kick his *** out when he turns 18 if his attitude doesn't change. Sorry for the rant everyone. I've always tried to teach my kids not to be lazy bums and that it takes hard work to be sucsessful.

sorry to hear that, but who knows maybe the most radical solution is the one that is a real wakeup cal for your son, i wasnt anywher near that bad but i put myself on the street with nowhere to go when i was 18,for sure i put myself in that position all by myself but i also got myself out of it unhurt..it was a long hard way back to beeing a good person with a roof over my head but i sure learnt a few things in those 6months or so that it took..

My dog does real good. As long as she has her ball she is good to go. She does like to play with my dirty socks but has never taken one though she has streched them out.

Now the horses will take the hat right off my head. Buy the time I get it back I don't want it any more. LOL

I don't exactly call this stealing, but hmmmm. Found this on the living room floor recently :pale:

Coop's Pistol Grip 001.jpg

What did I do? It wasn't me, I just got here.....LOL

Coop's Pistol Grip 001.jpg

Pups 148.jpg

What breed of dog was Bosco? He looks like a mix of a boxer and a american pit bull. He's a beautiful dog.

He was an american staffordshire terrier, he was still young and was still adding weight when that pic was taken, didnt get alot bigger just more muscular,i never could figure out how on earth he could get so much muscle without hardly any excersise, thanks :) he was actualy a champion excebition dog, and very good around kids and the best friend i ever had

-
Back