Your First Car??

-

courvillejustin

Reaction score
Were you guys always mopar fans? What was your first car?

My first one being 16 right now :-D

1969 Dodge Dart
318, 340 intake mild cam, stock heads, 650cfm carb edelbrock carb
8 3/4 posi rearend

Running mid 13's at the track in Vegas. :cheers:
Reason why I chose a muscle car better yet a mopar?
At my school there are only two other "muscle cars" 2nd gen camaros :bootysha:
Nothing is better than dusting a ricer or the kids who slap on a bigger exhaust to there car and thinks its the fastest.

Your turn to share your thoughts

69 valiant 100 2 door sedan. 15.80 in the 1/4 at 75-80 dragway in monrovia maryland.........................................slant six

My first car was a 69 Dart GTS. Owned it from 1981-2001. I kick myself everyday for selling it. Here's some pics of a fun day at the track.

Myfirstcar69DartGTSthedragstrip.jpg

That would be my 1966 Dodge Dart... got it in 1996. I had looked at how much money I could save up or talk my parents into spending, and saw that it was only enough to buy an old beater. And I figured a 30 year old Dodge Dart would be a lot cooler than a 15 year old Toyota Corolla. I don't intend to sell that Dart if I can help it. Other cars have come and gone - I think I've owned about 8 other cars in that space of time, but few I've had that much of an attachment to. And strangely enough, the Dart's the only 4 door anything I've ever owned.

First car, Datsun (before they called then Nissan) cuss that was all I could afford, shortly thereafter tho the infection took hold and was a 69 Road Runner 383 4 speed.

Terry

my first car was a 1951 studebaker starlite coupe, stuffed a 283 chevy into it with a hurst mystery shifter, I got into so much trouble with that car my dad had it crushed. but i did learn...dont let dad find out what you've been up to !!...

Ahh, yes, a 1962 Chrysler Newport 361, pushbutton auto, with luminous dome dash...in 1977. I've had my 1969 Dart 340 Swinger since 1987.

My first car was a 60 chevy, rebuilt the motor, blew the trans, rebuilt the trans and blew the motor...I began to see a pattern! My grandfather had a 59 Dodge with a BB. It would light the tires in a heart beat, great for a 17 year old but not for him. Thats when I began to think about a Mopar...Bought the Barracuda in 67 and still have it.

first car was a 73 pontiac lemans. 350 3 speed on the floor. still love pontiacs. second car was my 64 valiant slant 6 push button auto. then it went to a 360 then a 440... :)

1968 GTX 440 auto purchased from the original owner the week I graduated high school in 1973. I still have it. Everybody had muscle cars in the town where I grew up, even some girls. Only three of us still have ours, my GTX, my brother's Superbird, and my buddy's '68 Super Bee.

My first car was a 49 Chevy pickup truck. Went halves with my brother on it. I was think I was 14 at the time.
My first Mopar was a 73 Coronet Custom 4door. Dark green metallic with white vinyl top and green interior. 318 2 barrel automatic. Man did I use that car hard! I was 16 when I got that car, and I've been a Mopar fan ever since!

My first car, still own it! 1974 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus, 340 power, been 15 years and I will never sell it!

Satellite 007.jpg

1974 Duster 318. Bought it the day after I turned 18 then got my license the next week. Been working on it ever since.

The first picture was the day we took it home. The second pic was taken earlier this week at my school. Almost time to paint.

young gun pic 1.jpg

DSCF4746.jpg

First (Real) car that is one that ran and drove was a 1974 Roadrunner.
318 car but it looked intimidating...

mines in my avatar(needs paint again) I bought it when I was 16(now 31). I'll be buried in it.

Well let see it was a 1947 Plymouth 2 dr coupe flat head 6 Drove it home to my old mans garage and the first thing I did was pull the motor and install a 354 hemi with a 4 speed and everthing was built by a guy in Colton by the name of Ariche's Garage. Went out and get all the Ford & chevys *** big time he he welded up the spider gears for me for I could get the out of the hole. That had to be the best car I ever ownand will never forget.

Earl

my first car was a 1951 studebaker starlite coupe, stuffed a 283 chevy into it with a hurst mystery shifter, I got into so much trouble with that car my dad had it crushed. but i did learn...dont let dad find out what you've been up to !!...

after the stude, that was about 1962...a 63 406 ford galaxy convert a 409 chevy impala ss convert , a bunch of chevys 55 s to 64 s some where around 68 i picked up a 64 fury convert, 426 stage II , raced it for about three years, i think i paid somewhere around $375 for that car, also a 62 300 convert, a 65 cornet 383 4 speed , 67 new yorker 440 , a 64? power wagon, a 70 s something dodge beater, a 72 ply beater, 3 dodge rams, 1988,2002,2003...way to many to remember all of them... oh yea a 63 t-bird convert, a 57 custom 500 ford ( made a lousey drag car ) an olds 61 bubble top 98 ...a 73 442 olds , a couple 61 impala converts , a 57 belair convert.. there were more ..a lot of cars in over 45 years. traded some off , wrecked most ,blew up a bunch
today i have ..the 2003 hemi ram, a 40 ply coupe , my 68 gts, a 66elcamino, a 85 Iroc z.. 84 cutlass drag car, a 2000 buick cruser, and a 2005 chevy cavalier , and two harleys.
out of all those cars back in the 60s and 70s.i had the 64 fury the longest, and it was one of the best cars i ve owned...that one i really wish i had nt destroyed....i cant remember the times it ran at the track, but it was fast enough to get me thrown out for not having a roll bar.....

In 1955 I had a 49 Oldsmobile, 2 door couple. with the following: 371 CID, Isky roller cam, 6 Stromberg 97 carbs, Mallory Mag Spark ignition, Belond, headers, 1937 LeSalle trans and a set of 4.44 gears. It ran 13.23 @ 106 mph at York US 30 Dragway.

Gasoline was 20 cents a gallon back then8)

I became a Mopar guy in September 1970

mine was a 1974 gold duster. My mom bought the car and decieded to trade it in several years later when I was 15. They offered $500.00 so she told me I could have the car or a class ring, not a hard deceision. Keys please.

Mine was a 56 chev, my dad asked if I wanted the car, he was in Portland OR at the time so I had my brother drive me down to get it as soon as I turned 16 (1967). He forgot to mention that the motor was completely disassembled and laying on his garage floor. I got it together but it wouldn't start so we towed it 350 miles back to eastern WA. A guy I worked with looked at it, adjusted the valves ,they were all too tight, and it fired right up. A year later I took it back to Portland to get painted and some old lady ran a stop sign and totaled it. Found another one in Portland and drove it till I got drafted in 71.

My first car story was quite depressing. Its when I fell in love with mopar,I was 14 at the time, I was in my local bank at the time waiting to deposit a check, so I decided to look at the announcement board, there was a 1967 Plymouth Sattelite, brand new paint job, rebuilt 360, 100,000 miles, and only $3000. I just loved the body style so much right away! The guy was asking $3000, and I managed to get him down to $2000 cash, dad was going to help me buy it. As we were about to go pick it up, the owner called and told me that the transmission had blown up and he had decided to fix it and keep it. I was so upset, and I ended up getting a $350 1985 Cutlass supreme, it was an ok first car, but still no comparison to a 67 Sattelite. It still pisses me off to this day! oh well, gonna have a 74 Dart swinger to fix up to compensate for my loss, ha ha

My first car was a 1974 Challenger with a 318. This was back in 1985 when mopars were dirt cheap in Alberta and I got it for $1100. Fixed it up and repainted it and got to enjoy it for a couple of years. Then my brother wrapped it around a power pole the first time I let him drive it. My second car was a 1968 Charger with a 383 that I picked up for around $2000. Really nice car, straight body with black paint ... mean lookin'. Sold that in 1990 to buy an engagement ring. Then went Mopar-less for way too many years and finally picked up a 1967 Dart GT with a 273 a few years ago locally for $700 here in Montana. This one needs more work than my first two but the price was right (FYI - it doesn't hurt to put a note on the winshield of a parked car asking if it is for sale ... just look for one parked on the street with expired plates).
Kevin

-
Back