Your First Car??

-
My first "Car" was a 1974 Dodge Charger. It was black, and had the 360 engine. Bought it after I saw it at the local park and ride for sale. I owned a chevy truck before that, but I was hooked on mopars after my first drive in the charger.

After I rebuilt the engine in the charger (it was worn out) it got rear-ended by a ford truck while I was waiting at a stop light.Totaled the car. I ended up buying the Duster I have the very same day so I would have something to put the engine in.

First muscle car was a '69 Dart Swinger, 340, 4 speed.
Second car was a '66 Cornet Deluxe 4 dr., 426 hemi auto.

My first car was a 1966 Plymouth Valiant 100 2-door post car with 3 on the tree /6. I bought it from my parents at 15. I had the car until about 6 months ago. Wished I could have kept her but a bunch of her parts live on since I used it as a parts car for my 66 convertible valiant. The old valiant's roof sheet metal became the new floor tunnel. The old clutch pedals are now mashing a 5-speed. The old steering column was converted. I kept the doors, hood, and trunk and tons of spare parts just in case.

I will have a 66 Valiant until the day i die. Hell I might be buried in it.

My first car was a 63 Sport Fury Convert with a 426 push button Torqueflite. I bought it in 67 for $600. In 69 a woman made a left turn into me, smashing the left front corner. i ended up selling the car for $110.

Back in '77, I picked up a triple blue 1968 Pontiac Catalina for $700. It had a warn out 400/2bbl, but I drove it like it was a Super Duty 455. I found out how much bondo was in the driver's side quarter panel after sliding azz-first into a ditch one snowy night.

I had alot of my "firsts" in that car....I beat my first car in a race (350 Nova), had my first date (that was a waste of time), went to jail for the first time, got my first ticket (parking in a handicap space) and got my license suspended for the first time (12 points in 11 months).

1969 Plymouth Satellite 318 2bbl auto. then 440 auto then electrical fire.wish I never sold it.But the engine has been in 2 of my vehicles & 1 friends truck & he still has the first engine I built(440)

my first car was a 71 charger 318, three on the tree, manual brakes and steering. sold it to a friend in 1999. he still has it! of course now it has a 7,000 rpm small block and 833 trans.

My first car was a '69 VW Baja bug, then I had a '76/'77 VW pop top van, '86 Jeep Grand Wagoneer '74 Charger, '71 Buick Lesabre, '67 Barracuda, '68 Charger, '77 K-5 Blazer, '89 Trans Am GTA, '92 S-10 Blazer, '72 Gold Duster, '75 Valiant, '56 Coronet (still have), '92 Dakota, '99 Ram 1500 quad cab, '68 Barracuda 340-S ( still have ), '99 Plymouth Neon ( still have ), '05 Ram 1500 Hemi Quad cab ( Still have ). If I can work out a deal i might be thining my heard and getting a '68 Charger R/T. I realy should thin it anyway. lol

My first car was a 1974 Plymouth Duster 318 with buckets and console auto.

KellysDuster.jpg

My first car was 1980 Fiat Spyder 2000 convertible. What a waste of money that was! It was fun to drive.....when it ran. Electrical gremlins that I never could resolve and finally ended up grenading the rear end. Good ol' Carlos said to me "I-a never seen-a this-a happen in-a my life".

:-D:-D

First car was 2-year old '64 Oldsmobile Cutlass when I graduated from HS. First Mopar was '69 Dart 340 Swinger only a couple of months old when purchased used in late 1969. Sure wish I still had that car.
Missed it so much over the years that I bought another '69 Dart on eBay and have been building it for almost 2 years now. Hope to have finished shortly.

My first that was legal on the road was a luxuary boat 1977 Dodge Royal Monaco 2dr w/400 BB Auto on the column with Cruise, AC and Elec. Windows Hide -A-way headlights and the plush cloth interior, man I miss that car!

My first car was a 1973 Buick Electra Limited. It was dark green with a vinyl black top and a BIG BLOCK 455!! All power options with AC! My neighbor had it and he said the block was cracked. So I bought it for $200 and put in a new radiator and it was all good! I used to fill it up once a week. I cost about $25 per week at about .85 to .90 per gallon. I'd go broke today. Especially at 9 mpg!

My first car was a 58 Ford convertible. It was customized by the Alexander Bros. back in 62. It was givin to me in 71 when I was 16. It was called Perfidia. It was Candy Apple Red with Roll & Pleated interior. Don't know where it's now. I still wanted a MOPAR!

Fred B

my first car is a '68 dart that i bought last september when i was 15. I get my full drivers liscense in one month, can't wait!!!

1973 Plymouth Duster, bought it at 15 with my own money and have had it ever since. 19 now and bought an 05 Ram w/ HEMI as my dd. I'll never get rid of my duster and am still working on it to this day.

In '76 @ 16 my grandpa died and I got his old '66 Valiant /6 2-door post, 3 on the tree, my first car. Sparing some great stories, I picked up this Signet quite some time ago, almost identical to it (my first was never in this great of condition though lol).

-
Back