Zac_F71's 71 Demon

-
Nice,Z71!, Love the look of the Welds,against the paint.Sweet car.
Thanks! Ya it should look good with them- got 15x8 w/ 5.5" BS w/ Nitto 275/60 NT555R drag radials waiting for the rear

The color is Medium Green Met. and original - not very nice - pretty sun burnt but I'm not to concerned about it as it's presentable

Well a small update - got my MMR parts order figured out and got the parts today!

3" shock plates, B body pre bent 8 3/4 brake lines, magnetic D60/8 3/4 fill plug, 20pc housing nut set, and the 3 main housing gaskets

here is their website for anyone wanting to check them out..
http://www.mckellarsmodifiedrides.com/

the shock plates! SEXY!
MMRshockplates_zps9d5d7430.jpg

Alright fella's got some GREAT news... I'm backing out on the 66 Cuda deal I had planned this weekend and selling my stang to fund this one car haha ($8,000) haha be looking forward to parts showing up!

I'm sick of my Demon sitting so I'm putting it back together- need a few things- I'm running the 225/904/7.25 for now

needed-
slant full exhaust (really only need the down pipe off the mani to just under the car but would be interested in a full system) would also be interested in a 6 into 1 Hooker header (if it's complete with the install kit)...
Holley 1920 1bbl carb kit
black headliner
black carpet
stock steering wheel in black
mild slant cam
performance valve springs for a slant
A904 trans parts (deep pan, shift kit, manual valve body)

Back up fellas! My Mustangs are for sale to finish this thing up! I'm changing most of the work I've done to the car-

Not going to start tearing into it til my Stangs are gone.. BUT here is the setup for summer 2014 anyway -

QA1 tubular K member, upper/lower arms
68 Charger drum spindles
Scarebird LLC front 11.75" BBP disc conversion
Get the rear axle together as well as get SFC's professionally installed (MP offset leaf hangers/shackles)
New OEM fuel system (tank, 3/8" sender, and 3/8" front to rear line)
Found a guy with a couple 383's so probably get the cleanest and rebuild the top end of it
Have the same shop that does the rear axle/SFC's rebuild the BB727 I have
3" exhaust system w/ stock style tips
Restore under the dash/ restore the dash, and most of the interior at the same time

Hoping to drive it by the end of summer!

Cool car good luck with your project. I always wanted a demon perhaps some day I'll find a nice one like yours.

Thanks! Hoping to pick up a 383 on the weekend of the 22nd! I'm excited! The guy has 3 of them so hopefully I'll get to choose which I want..

Well decided to forgo getting a motor for now - no use having a motor you can't use right away haha - The guy I know of has 2 Marine 383 4bbl engines and is not advertising them..

SO I sent SharaDon Performance in Hugo MN a message on Facebook, got a quote for some work, and selling few things to get the car down there to get that work done -

Going to have them install some subframe connectors, set up the B body 8 3/4 to fit in the the car (w/ the offset hangers/shackles, set pinion angle, and center it), and finally roll the outer rear fender lips $575 or so for all this..

SO currently piecing together the few remaining parts- Just bought SS leaf spring eye bolts, and a new pinion snubber bushing from Mancini Racing. Need to wait til I get paid to buy a few remaining parts from Summit Racing (ARP front leaf hanger nuts/washers, CE adjustable rear shocks, Hotchkis leaf spring shims for aligning the rear axle to the chassis, Weld open end lugs for my Prostars, and 2 Summit Racing Flowmasters so I can keep my Dynomax Ultra's! )

NOW to get the car roller-ized to bring it down there.. (strip a little of the interior out, take slant 6 engine/ trans out, and tighten up the front suspension so it rolls decent)

Nice build Zac. I am building mine as I can afford as well. Going on 4 years now. They do get done eventually :)

Nice build Zac. I am building mine as I can afford as well. Going on 4 years now. They do get done eventually :)
Ha I hear that - I spent a little time on the car today cleaning out the trunk - to re-inventory the parts I have for it -

Found - new Mopar SS leaf springs, Mopar offset hangers/shackles, all 4 adjustable shocks, Afco U bolts w/ ARP nuts, Afco 1" lowering blocks, all new drum brake hardware, MMR B body axle brake lines (that don't fit to well), and a fuel tank ground strap/filler neck grommet.

Got my Summit Racing order ready -

2 correct length Comp Eng. adjustable rear shocks (selling current shorter one's for 3" leaf relocation kit)
10 ARP 3/8"-16 nuts/ washers for front spring hangers/ fuel tank J bolts
2 Goodmark fuel tank J bolts
Hotchkis leaf spring shims for aligning the rear axle to the chassis
Right Stuff front to rear 3/8" fuel line
Right Stuff 3/8" fuel liner clip kit
Right stuff B/C body rear brake lines for 8 3/4
Summit -6AN (3/8") braided fuel line 18" length
Spectre faux AN hose clamps

Waiting til tomorrow to buy some open end lugs on eBay for my rear Prostars, and found a guy on eBay local to me that has a repro fuel tank, 3/8" sending unit, straps, and filler grommet all for $199 so hopefully I can get that this week and start in on this thing!

Ha I hear that - I spent a little time on the car today cleaning out the trunk - to re-inventory the parts I have for it -

Found - new Mopar SS leaf springs, Mopar offset hangers/shackles, all 4 adjustable shocks, Afco U bolts w/ ARP nuts, Afco 1" lowering blocks, all new drum brake hardware, MMR B body axle brake lines (that don't fit to well), and a fuel tank ground strap/filler neck grommet.

Got my Summit Racing order ready -

2 correct length Comp Eng. adjustable rear shocks (selling current shorter one's for 3" leaf relocation kit)
10 ARP 3/8"-16 nuts/ washers for front spring hangers/ fuel tank J bolts
2 Goodmark fuel tank J bolts
Hotchkis leaf spring shims for aligning the rear axle to the chassis
Right Stuff front to rear 3/8" fuel line
Right Stuff 3/8" fuel liner clip kit
Right stuff B/C body rear brake lines for 8 3/4
Summit -6AN (3/8") braided fuel line 18" length
Spectre faux AN hose clamps

Waiting til tomorrow to buy some open end lugs on eBay for my rear Prostars, and found a guy on eBay local to me that has a repro fuel tank, 3/8" sending unit, straps, and filler grommet all for $199 so hopefully I can get that this week and start in on this thing!
Cool! Sheradon's work,looks good in pictures. Nice list of goodies.!

Nothing like the UPS truck pulling up to the house and receiving copious amounts of shiny new things :)!!!!!!!!!! Always fun to install everything and feel it work! Should be finishing up my interior on the Dart in the next few weeks :)

Ha ya I now have 2 sets of "B body axle brake lines" that aren't long enough.. kinda sucks.. BUT got the leaf bolts, and all the Summit parts except the 3/8" fuel line that was coming from their NV warehouse and is unfolded LOL so the box is BIG

Well HUGE update in the past week - Sold my 83 Mustang GT so I am now Ford free LOL - I scored a running 68 2bbl 383 from a New Yorker 2 weeks ago and just pulled the trigger on a QA1 tubular front end, B body 11" disc brakes, swap mounts, poly trans mount, and a Trans-go shift kit for my BB727 Also scored a pair of 71 440 heads for $75 w/ aftermarket springs and a recent rebuild (5-6 years ago) to go on the 383 - 1 plug hole is stripped out - needing a heli-coil

I had to let my very nice Weld Prostars go with my Mustang SO I am going to run Mopar 15" steel wheels I have had forever with 195/65's in front and 235/70's in the back- Being this is now my only project car - it is going under the knife - I still have all the rear end work to do as well as buy a new fuel tank at the end of the week - I bought the 3/8" front to rear fuel line already about 2 months ago and have yet to install it -

Looking forward to parting this thing out to recoup some money and get it going towards it's "final setup" I got the QA1 setup as it's a stock style setup - I am still going to run the 6cyl torsion bars and stock B body 11" brakes - also got the QA1 adjustable strut rods Anyway I'll probably see the parts end of the week/ early next week and will update with some current pics this weekend..

Tomorrow is the day! Qa1 setup and Right Stuff B body 11" disc brakes are showing up! - Gonna clean my garage tomorrow night and start in on pulling the 6 cylinder/904 out this weekend!

Well got my $2,000 Summit Racing order - sadly after trying to mock up the K member, lower arms, and strut rods - I mistakenly ordered B body lower arms LOL - so I sent them back for the correct A body one's.. Probably won't see those for 3 weeks though

Will post pics of all that I have for the car in a few minutes!

Great job! Always thought it would be wicked to have a big block motor in a Duster/Demon. Can't wait till you get it finished up and on the road. More pictures please!

Pics finally - took awhile to go through everything! - missing a Brake adjuster kit though which sucks but not like they're hard to get or expensive - other than that just missing the new fuel tank, and QA1 lower arms - fuel tank is the next order
My $2,055 Summit order! All the new/used parts waiting

Ah yes! A great looking bunch of parts indeed. Have fun with all those nice new parts :).

Thanks! Yes it is! A bit overwhelming as well haha

I got started on the motor - drained the remaining coolant, unhooked all the wiring, and removed the rad/alt/starter/V belt.

Just have to turn the car around get the front in the air and remove the trans wiring, and the 3 mounts and out the slant comes! - Then a metric ton of cleaning! HAHA

More progress! - got the motor out.. my was it not fun! I have lost respect for slant 6's LOL so hard to get out - I used a strap from the lower alternator bolt to the load leveler and it barely worked! - here are a few pics from yesterday. -

Gonna spend today cleaning and tearing down the 383 for it.. and maybe start in on the front suspension as well.

I love the rug! Adds a.....homey feel to your build :)
Plus insulation from cold concrete LOL (was 40* outside..)

Got the correct QA1 A body lower arms from Summit a few days early so I'm going to start in on that while I think about what to do with the 383 - (tore down and found LOTS of metal in the valley and lower end bearings)

Cleaning - the motor - sorry no pics of it torn down yet.. (left the heads dirty as I don't plan to use them - got 71 440 "346" heads for it)

The cylinders I'm happy to report are standard bore, and have a tiny ridge that should come out with a hone. Someone had put head gaskets in it though it had the .022" thin steel gaskets in it - other than that though it appears to be untouched!

Well got stuck on the steering column coupler (pin holding it to the box) - probably gotta drill it out as pounding it does nothing so got a slow start to tearing the front suspension apart..

SO I found Mancini had the kit so I made a small order from them - firewall gasket kit, wiper seal kit, MP electronic wiring harness, coupler rebuild kit, and a heater box big resto kit ($62 LOL)

Plan on sending a money order Monday for the fuel tank kit from eBay (local MN guy to me though) that's $194 shipped - incl. - tank, straps, neck grommet, and 3/8" sending unit

And plan on ordering windshield molding clips/screws by the end of the week..

-
Back