Zip code RANT !!!!!!

-
What's so personal about where you live? City and state isn't a very big deal to post.
And what about pictures. I see ads everywhere for cars for sale all the way up to 100K and no pix!!!! Might as well be selling to the blind!

I totally agree with you about putting detailed information in for sale ads as I stated above, and those that don't may just miss out on a sale.
it frustrates me as well especially when i see ads on craigslist with no pics, a half assed write up, extremely bad grammar, and no location or price.
I just want to reach through the internet and slap them happy, but if the ad is vague, as frustrating as that may be, you may be forced to PM the guy if you are really interested instead of turning the ad into a question and answer forum.
Granted some questions need to be asked if the seller is vague, but I think I'm beating a dead horse as this topic has been abused to death on another thread.

We been through this before. I would love to see everyone put there location in there profile or at least in there sales adds but really all you need to do is PM them and ask. If they cant bother to PM you back you know not to bother buying from them.

ps. CT = Connecticut.

Thanks Adam! Now I know. I think I need a convrsen chart or some thing like that. LOL

I've had a lot of respect for you until now. I took a typing class when I started taking the computer classes and I never got over 32 word's per minute. Now you tell us you type 130? Something sounds wrong here. You should be an excutive sec. somewhere making $2000 a week.
If I have overstepped my pay grade please excuse but that sounds a little over the top. The best I ever heard of was about 60 to 72 wpm. If you can do what you say, YOU are amazing. I know there are some amazing people out there but you should be President. I bet Sara Pailin can't type 30 words per minute. If so you are miles ahead of most people out here.
I am not doubting you! But you have to know that that leaves most of us looking around and wondering what we missed.
But I must say that is only one gauge of a person. The more important parts are in what the person is made of. From everything I have seen and read, I am impressed.

I hope you aren't offended by this but I am amazed if this is true.

my dad dose like 100 wpm while talking to you and plenty more while focusing. i get to about 30-45 with two fingers and am pretty happy with myself lol.

i totaly agree. im from denver, colorado and go to school in cheyenne, wyoming lol

I can do 800 wpm as long as they are all A's!

My sig says Kirkland wa but if you really want to know my zip is 98033

The Mods should make it mandatory for all sales listings to include PRICE, LOCATION, and DESCRIPTION - otherwise it should be deleted. I know Rumble has been gently reminding people to post locations, but I think the post should just be deleted if it doesn;t have at least those 3 elements.

Pictures are always welcome, but I understand that sometimes the camera is broken, or you just don;t have any at the time.

every-time I abbreviate...people think I amy saying Hello!

Ewa Beach, Hi. 96706

Aloha!

When selling parts from Canada and someone is asking for shipping, would be nice to have the State and Zip Code simply because Canada Post uses the State and couriers use Zip Code and city/town for getting rates. But after saying that it only takes a minute to to get either as mentioned before.
Just my 2 cents
Dwayne

While we're at it, can someone explain the deal w/ blocking out license plates in ad pictures. I'm not saying it isn;t necessary, I just don;t understand it.

I mean, don;t hundreds, if not thousands of people see it on the road while your driving? It's not like a social security # or anything. Are they afraid you'll somehow get their address and name? If so, who cares?

I'll add to that when people black out the serial portion of a VIN - what is to be gained by obtaining a VIN #?

When selling parts from Canada and someone is asking for shipping, would be nice to have the State and Zip Code simply because Canada Post uses the State and couriers use Zip Code and city/town for getting rates. But after saying that it only takes a minute to to get either as mentioned before.
Just my 2 cents
Dwayne
Sure - it only takes a minute, but when your searching through 3 dozen listings, that's a minute for each listing. It's just a PITA. Not to mention, I sometimes get my hopes up when I see something good, only to find out the guy's on the other side of the continent.

City and state should be real easy to put in ad.
I was in Texas one time and I wanted to look at a motorcycle. The ad just said Texas. I was in Baytown and the bike was in El Paso...880 miles away.
That is like going from Key West to Jacksonville (FL) to Biloxi, Ms. Needless to say, I did not go look at the bike.

As for them people above the border with the goofy zip codes.. it is easier to remember a string of 5 digits than a bunch of numbers and letters thrown in the mix. Maybe I am just getting old.
Mopar build codes are the exception to that rule!

Easy Zip Code lookup--
http://zip4.usps.com/zip4/citytown_zip.jsp

That is what is even harder, because when shipping in Canada whether we use a post office or courier we need the postal code to get shipping rates.
The nice thing about postal codes in canada is that once you have seen enough of them you can tell what province they are from by the first letter. As long as the postal code is there you can tell whether or not they are close to you.

The nice thing about postal codes in canada is that once you have seen enough of them you can tell what province they are from by the first letter. As long as the postal code is there you can tell whether or not they are close to you.
Yeah, but the down side is that you live in Canada:snakeman:

Eh, hoser - for sure, we talk aboot Mopars in this organ-I-zation we call FABO.

While we're at it, can someone explain the deal w/ blocking out license plates in ad pictures. I'm not saying it isn;t necessary, I just don;t understand it.

I mean, don;t hundreds, if not thousands of people see it on the road while your driving? It's not like a social security # or anything. Are they afraid you'll somehow get their address and name? If so, who cares?

I'll add to that when people black out the serial portion of a VIN - what is to be gained by obtaining a VIN #?

Well, you are on a public forum with enthusiasts that have interests in the same things as you do, some of these guys will never see your car on the road and some of these lurkers may not be upstanding citizens and may have the means to find out where you live by looking at the license # in your pictures and maybe some of these pics are your buddy's cars and he does not want the tag # displayed for all to see.
Plus on these forums someone is always asking the questions like, "Let's see your garage","let's see your tools", "Let's see your Wife", "Let's see your guns", "Let's see your underwear", so I for one can certainly understand why someone does not want everybody and their Mother and criminal Brother knowing "exactly" where they live.

So if you are interested in what someone has for sale send the guy a PM if he does not want his personal information up there for all to see.
Maybe you have never fallen victim to identity theft or had someone search you out and steal off of you personally, but it happens so if they want to express certain safeguards for their stuff, paranoid or not, it is better to be safe than sorry as not everyone on car forums is a nice, upstanding, law abiding citizen.

Well, you are on a public forum with enthusiasts that have interests in the same things as you do, some of these guys will never see your car on the road and some of these lurkers may not be upstanding citizens and may have the means to find out where you live by looking at the license # in your pictures and maybe some of these pics are your buddy's cars and he does not want the tag # displayed for all to see.
Plus on these forums someone is always asking the questions like, "Let's see your garage","let's see your tools", "Let's see your Wife", "Let's see your guns", "Let's see your underwear", so I for one can certainly understand why someone does not want everybody and their Mother and criminal Brother knowing "exactly" where they live.

So if you are interested in what someone has for sale send the guy a PM if he does not want his personal information up there for all to see.
Maybe you have never fallen victim to identity theft or had someone search you out and steal off of you personally, but it happens so if they want to express certain safeguards for their stuff, paranoid or not, it is better to be safe than sorry as not everyone on car forums is a nice, upstanding, law abiding citizen.
Makes sense I guess. I just figured that there are just as many looney/scum bags around locally to see what you drive and where you live - to me, it just seems like there's not that much added risk by showing your license plate number. But I'm not knocking those who do - I just never understood it.

BTW - I've worked in a bank for the last 11 years - I've seen/helped many people who have had their ID stolen. There are more important numbers (like you account number, name, address, and signature on EVERY check you write) floating around out there - my license plate is the least of my worries.

-
Back