1967 Cuda FB project

-
I know this post isn't about actual work progress on the Cuda but it is a major decision about it. I have decided to go the "plush" route on the inside and not the "sparse" race car theme. So, the next major mod is to remove the roof from the donor 300 and install the sunroof from it into the Cuda.
I have read that the only way to "run" the engine systems for the Hemi is to go stand alone or swap the complete wiring/computers/modules from the donor car.
So, that is the direction I have decided to go.
Progress soon.................

I know this post isn't about actual work progress on the Cuda but it is a major decision about it. I have decided to go the "plush" route on the inside and not the "sparse" race car theme. So, the next major mod is to remove the roof from the donor 300 and install the sunroof from it into the Cuda.
I have read that the only way to "run" the engine systems for the Hemi is to go stand alone or swap the complete wiring/computers/modules from the donor car.
So, that is the direction I have decided to go.
Progress soon.................

I think it's a good choice. But I'd still like to see you retain the 'flavor' of a 60's musclecar while you do it. The modern electronics and extra padding could work well with seats that mimic the originals as much as possible. I don't know if it'd be possible to merge the controls & instruments from the 300 into the original dash frame, but it'd be cool if you could.

I think it's a good choice. But I'd still like to see you retain the 'flavor' of a 60's musclecar while you do it. The modern electronics and extra padding could work well with seats that mimic the originals as much as possible. I don't know if it'd be possible to merge the controls & instruments from the 300 into the original dash frame, but it'd be cool if you could.
I will look at the dash again, but I think aftermarket gauges will have to be used.

Well, I stripped the 300 interior today in preparation of installing parts in the Cuda.
Gonna use the complete wiring harness with all the modules. Even gonna make the windows "one touch". :) Stripped the doors, everything. If somebody wants whats left over of the frame for suspension swap into older car, gimmie a holler, you can have it really cheap. :)
WP_20160828_014.jpg
WP_20160828_015.jpg
WP_20160828_016.jpg
WP_20160828_017.jpg

cut the roof off the 300 :thumbsup:
WP_20160831_005.jpg
WP_20160831_003.jpg
WP_20160831_001.jpg

Now I have to finish the bottom of the Cuda so I can put it back on the wheels. The stand it's on is too high to work on the roof.
More parts to put on the car, motivation!!!! :lol:

I know a person needs to accumulate parts before progress can be made but I'm chomping at the bit to see some of them going on the car!

I got to work on the Cuda this morning!!!!!:thumbsup:
Finished welding up bumper to tail panel and cut the driver side bumper corner for fitting. I have to finish the back before I take it off the table.
WP_20160903_004.jpg
WP_20160903_003.jpg

ALRIGHT! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I'm hoping to see before & after pictures of those quarter/bumpers.

Finished welding the pass corner and t.light opening.
WP_20160903_006.jpg
WP_20160903_007.jpg
WP_20160903_008.jpg
WP_20160903_010.jpg
Here you can see that the opening is a little bigger than the t.light housing. I filled them in and finished ground all the welds so it's nice and flush now but I dropped my phone and trashed it. M F ER!!!!!! :mad::soapbox: Got a new one coming already! So, you guys will have to wait until it shows up for any more pics!!!:drama:
WP_20160903_012.jpg
Filled in these openings on the top and bottom of the trunk opening also.
WP_20160903_013.jpg

I'm kind of nervous about that table you've got the body on. Is it buckling a little in this pic?

buckling.jpg

That's just a bend from making it. I've had 3500# on there!!! It's made out of heavy pallet racking just shortened up. Awesome table. :thumbsup:

-
Back