Last one to post in this thread wins!

-
I'd like to say in a couple of weeks, or less, but I have no idea at this point. It's been far too long that it's been closed as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure others will disagree on that.
Yeah it has been a very long time but we're also being very careful. Did I hear maybe July 21 if our numbers are good which they are at this time.

Morning guys and happy July 4th to all our American friends.
th.jpg

That dam kidney stone seems to have knocked the crap out of me. Even now I still get a little sharp jolt in my side if I cough or turn the wrong way.
I managed to cut the front yard yesterday and I was done in. I'll do the back today.
Didn't even go to the car show last night. Just couldn't muster up the energy or the interest last night.
Enough of me. Hope everyone is enjoying your long weekend but be safe.

That dam kidney stone seems to have knocked the crap out of me. Even now I still get a little sharp jolt in my side if I cough or turn the wrong way.
I managed to cut the front yard yesterday and I was done in. I'll do the back today.
Didn't even go to the car show last night. Just couldn't muster up the energy or the interest last night.
Enough of me. Hope everyone is enjoying your long weekend but be safe.
Haven't had a kidney stone yet but I hear they are nasty. I herd if you drink grape juice that softens them up so easier to pass. Sorry Mark that sucks.

Yeah it has been a very long time but we're also being very careful. Did I hear maybe July 21 if our numbers are good which they are at this time.
I'll bet they find a reason to keep it closed. The officials will never post an actual number as a goal.

Haven't had a kidney stone yet but I hear they are nasty. I herd if you drink grape juice that softens them up so easier to pass. Sorry Mark that sucks.
Thanks bud. I cut the back yard this afternoon. I normally cut the front then keep going and cut the back. Had to stop twice yesterday doing the front yard. Stopped 3 times this afternoon doing the back.
This was taken today before cutting to show you how this grass is growing after cutting just 5 days ago. May have to borrow your combine next time CF LOL
IMG_0522.jpg

I'll bet they find a reason to keep it closed. The officials will never post an actual number as a goal.
I really think they want it opened up because both countries are losing big money in trade and tourism. But we all have to be careful as we know there is a fourth variant now which is worse then anything we've encountered.

Thanks bud. I cut the back yard this afternoon. I normally cut the front then keep going and cut the back. Had to stop twice yesterday doing the front yard. Stopped 3 times this afternoon doing the back.
This was taken today before cutting to show you how this grass is growing after cutting just 5 days ago. May have to borrow your combine next time CF LOL
View attachment 1715760200
Why do you insist on fertilizing your grass. Did that once was cutting grass in November. Brown is a nice colour also and a lot less work

Mark, these are just suggestions, had stones 6 times, yes they kick the crap out of you, peeing blood and a hot needle up your weiner are not fun, Black cherry juice and magnesium supplement have worked for me. Nothing since.

Why do you insist on fertilizing your grass. Did that once was cutting grass in November. Brown is a nice colour also and a lot less work
First and last. We've always put a fall fertilizer but this time we put some more on in the Spring. Never again!! It is thick and healthy though which keeps the weeds down.

Mark, these are just suggestions, had stones 6 times, yes they kick the crap out of you, peeing blood and a hot needle up your weiner are not fun, Black cherry juice and magnesium supplement have worked for me. Nothing since.
Thanks 340. Have to be careful with Magnesium as my Dr said. Too much can be dangerous. I drink a lot of water and always have which I'm sure has to be good.
The Dr at the hospital said there was a small amount of blood in my urine, hardly noticeable but no pain while peeing at all. After 5 days though I'm still getting darting pains in my side. I'll be calling my Dr today for sure. Thanks.

Morning fellas. I assume you have today off? This little guy spent about 10 minutes darting back and fourth looking for bugs I guess. Pretty hard tree I would think.
IMG_0525.jpg

Thanks 340. Have to be careful with Magnesium as my Dr said. Too much can be dangerous. I drink a lot of water and always have which I'm sure has to be good.
The Dr at the hospital said there was a small amount of blood in my urine, hardly noticeable but no pain while peeing at all. After 5 days though I'm still getting darting pains in my side. I'll be calling my Dr today for sure. Thanks.
They told my dad that the stones are from calcium. He believed he got his from drinking milk straight from the cows as back then we raised milk cows.

First and last. We've always put a fall fertilizer but this time we put some more on in the Spring. Never again!! It is thick and healthy though which keeps the weeds down.
Couple of my friends who have small lots in town have dug out all grass put landscape cloth down and washed stone over whole yard. Looks ok not practical if you like being out side. They have patios to sit on and bbq.

Morning fellas. I assume you have today off? This little guy spent about 10 minutes darting back and fourth looking for bugs I guess. Pretty hard tree I would think.
View attachment 1715760493
I was off Friday while everyone else is today. They did that because the 10 month employees that work the summer have Fridays off. Just another way to screw the worker out of holiday pay.

They told my dad that the stones are from calcium. He believed he got his from drinking milk straight from the cows as back then we raised milk cows.
Milk is probably as good contributor to calcium, same as cheese and eggs. I was in the washroom at work one day. There was a plumber and he had the one urinal on the floor and was cleaning out the calcium stuck in the pipes. It was almost totally plugged. I asked if this was normal and he said yes.

Couple of my friends who have small lots in town have dug out all grass put landscape cloth down and washed stone over whole yard. Looks ok not practical if you like being out side. They have patios to sit on and bbq.
In the U.K. the yards aren't very big in most cases so they will put artificial turf down. Done right you can't tell the difference from a distance. Just have to hose it down once in a while

My water comes directly out of the limestone bed rock. Very hard water the only way it could be harder is if it was frozen. Softener keeps plumbing clean and clothes the right colour but we drink the water straight from the well. I guess I’m doomed.

My water comes directly out of the limestone bed rock. Very hard water the only way it could be harder is if it was frozen. Softener keeps plumbing clean and clothes the right colour but we drink the water straight from the well. I guess I’m doomed.
You ever notice how the trees in some heavily watered places like golf courses have white stained bark on there bottoms? We have calcium too. No need for phosphorus in our grass fertilizer.

-
Back