1" just suspension torsion bars on sale again. $159

-
Yeah, Your probably right, but man she goes straight and hard, love that 340 at 6500-7000rpm! can't wait for spring to let her snap again!

I bet it does handle well! I've had the pleasure of using KYB shock a few times and was always pleased with the results. I always just used them to help correct the massive body roll of a stock non sway bar A body suspension. When used this way the ride is near stock and not harsh at all. I cant say the cars I installed them on handled fantastic,but it was on a par with my 1983 Fury cop car before adding KYB's to it. That car had a stock cop susp which included a fat front sway bar and a rear sway bar. It also had 245/60 15 tires and was pretty good in the corners.

The KYB just have a tough time keeping up with spring rates much over 1.00".

I have blown out a couple KYB's in my Barracuda with .99" t-bars in 16 years. I don't mean they just went bad. I mean they literally puked and dumped all the shock out right out of them in a puddle on the garage floor.

The guys that have run bigger than around .99", 1.00", 1.03" t-bars with KYB report really rough unsettled ride. They usually only run them temporary. The KYB gets progressively worse with more rate. Then they put a good shock on and things change a lot.

-
Back