10's on $5,000 ?

-
on average, the motors I pulled from D150's and dropped in A-bodies usually drop a full second in the 1/4 mile, if not a hair better. Weight and wind resistance plague small blocks. This is why we are going work hard to get the truck to behave like a car and not a truck.. LOL. It will be a challenge for sure, as I've never attempted this before. I have some ideas that will take what is normally "against" a truck and swing them around for our benefit. I'm being tared and feathered enough on the open forum about this project so I'll just see if these idea's work or not behind the scenes.... LOL :D
I will be following along, as you know I hope to be 1/8th miling the sweptline this year. It is much closer to running than my A bodies, but man is it heavy!

I will be following along, as you know I hope to be 1/8th miling the sweptline this year. It is much closer to running than my A bodies, but man is it heavy!
I believe I scaled my '70 I used to own, and I thought it was 3750, but I could be wrong....

I believe I scaled my '70 I used to own, and I thought it was 3750, but I could be wrong....
My sweptline weighed 4020 with me in it empty after unloading a load of scrap at the local scrapyard. I don’t know how accurate the scales are, but it shows I have some cutting to do.
Looking forward to your progress. I have a few plans as well and will let you know what works. I just need some warmer weather, most of my plans don’t require much money.

on average, the motors I pulled from D150's and dropped in A-bodies usually drop a full second in the 1/4 mile, if not a hair better. Weight and wind resistance plague small blocks. This is why we are going work hard to get the truck to behave like a car and not a truck.. LOL. It will be a challenge for sure, as I've never attempted this before. I have some ideas that will take what is normally "against" a truck and swing them around for our benefit. I'm being tared and feathered enough on the open forum about this project so I'll just see if these idea's work or not behind the scenes.... LOL :D
Don't come on stop it you can handle a little tar and feathers...

My sweptline weighed 4020 with me in it empty after unloading a load of scrap at the local scrapyard. I don’t know how accurate the scales are, but it shows I have some cutting to do.
Looking forward to your progress. I have a few plans as well and will let you know what works. I just need some warmer weather, most of my plans don’t require much money.
then your truck would be on que, I don't know how much you weigh... lol, but I usually weigh all my cars without me. Looking forward to your build :)

then your truck would be on que, I don't know how much you weigh... lol, but I usually weigh all my cars without me. Looking forward to your build :)
Unless you drag race by remote control you need to include yourself in that weight...

Unless you drag race by remote control you need to include yourself in that weight...
I always state my car's weight. Drivers vary. When I say my Duster weighs 3200 lbs, that's without me and no spare tire.

I always state my car's weight. Drivers vary. When I say my Duster weighs 3200 lbs, that's without me and no spare tire.
I usually let people know that I weigh 220 that way the math can be done because that's what's really going down the track.... And that don't very much...

I usually let people know that I weigh 220 that way the math can be done because that's what's really going down the track.... And that don't very much...
My Duster, with me, is a tad over 3400 lbs with 1/4 tank of gas. But whenever you see me post a weight, for instance this truck, it will be what the truck weighs no driver.

I think I weighed 240-250 at the time I weighed mine, maybe a little more now, but hey, a guy has to eat!

I've knocked the ET on all my cars .013 so far this year..... I've lost 13 lbs since Jan 2
:thumbsup: trying to get back under 200

One thing I noticed on mine is that the motor seems to sit a bit farther forward in relation to the front wheels than the later trucks, so that is a slight handicap. I hope I can get the dang thing to hook.

One thing I noticed on mine is that the motor seems to sit a bit farther forward in relation to the front wheels than the later trucks, so that is a slight handicap. I hope I can get the dang thing to hook.
hook'n with a truck is always the challenge. I'm just assuming I'll need a lot of tire when the time comes.

When the weather warms I will start a thread on mine. We can compare notes, even though different series of trucks.

If it is I've got plenty of extra tar and Feathers LOL..
and my tune has not changed.... IF we would have bought a car, I'm confident we would have accomplished the 10's for 5k. Not sorry we bought the truck at all, and neither have we changed our goals, but we DID add to the difficulty for sure by buying the truck. And yes, we knew that when we purchased it.

and my tune has not changed.... IF we would have bought a car, I'm confident we would have accomplished the 10's for 5k. Not sorry we bought the truck at all, and neither have we changed our goals, but we DID add to the difficulty for sure by buying the truck. And yes, we knew that when we purchased it.
I wasn't talking to you I was talking to Sam so you don't need to put words in my mouth...

-
Back