10's on $5,000 ?

-
hey you made it out! :thumbsup:
Just barely made it out.. my sled kept overheating as there wasn't enough snow and I have one messed up scratcher which I just ordered two new ones.. I got to stop going in reverse with them down and stop trying to load them on the truck with them down. I noticed I was low on coolant on top of it so I've got to pop the hood off and check that as well..

Just barely made it out.. my sled kept overheating as there wasn't enough snow and I have one messed up scratcher which I just ordered two new ones.. I got to stop going in reverse with them down and stop trying to load them on the truck with them down. I noticed I was low on coolant on top of it so I've got to pop the hood off and check that as well..
leak in the heat exchanger? Yours 4 or 2 stroke? I forget

Last edited:
I'm not sure I just got to get some antifreeze tomorrow and pour it in and see if it just pours right LOL... It was holding water and keeping it cool at speed with enough snow hitting the radiator but if I went to slow or the conditions were wrong it would start blinking... We got into some freshly groomed Trail just before we got back and it had a lot more turbulence and a lot more snow getting thrown onto the radiator and it stayed cool.. my wife stayed cool but hers has two brand new scratchers.. first I'm going to go ahead and fill it up which I believe it was low to begin with and I also already ordered two new scratchers... Nothing I can do till tomorrow and get some antifreeze....

I'm not sure I just got to get some antifreeze tomorrow and pour it in and see if it just pours right LOL... It was holding water and keeping it cool at speed with enough snow hitting the radiator but if I went to slow or the conditions were wrong it would start blinking... We got into some freshly groomed Trail just before we got back and it had a lot more turbulence and a lot more snow getting thrown onto the radiator and it stayed cool.. my wife stayed cool but hers has two brand new scratchers.. first I'm going to go ahead and fill it up which I believe it was low to begin with and I also already ordered two new scratchers... Nothing I can do till tomorrow and get some antifreeze....
your heat exchangers under the floor boards or in the tunnel. I think you've got the mountain paddles, so probably under the floor boards?

your heat exchangers under the floor boards or in the tunnel. I think you've got the mountain paddles, so probably under the floor boards?
No snowmobiles or at least the mountain snowmobiles don't have them under the floorboards.. the floorboards are wide open so the snow can fall through not get piled up on the floor boards... The heat exchanger is at the front..

No snowmobiles or at least the mountain snowmobiles don't have them under the floorboards.. the floorboards are wide open so the snow can fall through not get piled up on the floor boards... The heat exchanger is at the front..
Ok. Most liquids here have the heat exchangers in the tunnels, but some yamaha's had them under the floor boards. Never road or road with any Mt sleds.

Ok. Most liquids here have the heat exchangers in the tunnels, but some yamaha's had them under the floor boards. Never road or road with any Mt sleds.
These are deep powder sleds and actually the warranty can get void by riding it on a trail LOL but how do you get to the deep powder!? LOL.. I was just looking up stuff on other forums about the problem and most seem to feel it's a bad radiator cap...

These are deep powder sleds and actually the warranty can get void by riding it on a trail LOL but how do you get to the deep powder!? LOL.. I was just looking up stuff on other forums about the problem and most seem to feel it's a bad radiator cap...
I mean, we have some with 144 tracks and 3" paddles, but I still think you are riding something different than that.

My wife is a 153 and mine is a 162...
I'm not sure yours would turn on our trails. Our trails are hard packed-groomed, twist through valleys and wooded ravines, with open fields too. Your tracks would probably push you through our turns right off the trail.. lol

I'm not sure yours would turn on our trails. Our trails are hard packed-groomed, twist through valleys and wooded ravines, with open fields too. Your tracks would probably push you through our turns right off the trail.. lol
Are trails Wind through the woods as well and have their straight shots... They're not what I call quartering machines but they do corner... You can pump the shocks up to pretty stiff.. also I put the skis offset to the outside on my wife's sled for more stability as well. Mine are in closer and sidehill and get up steep stuff easier..
These sleds are made for More technical riding in the steep and deep..

Are trails Wind through the woods as well and have their straight shots... They're not what I call quartering machines but they do corner... You can pump the shocks up to pretty stiff.. also I put the skis offset to the outside on my wife's sled for more stability as well. Mine are in closer and sidehill and get up steep stuff easier..
These sleds are made for More technical riding in the steep and deep..
as soon as my truck gets delivered, it will be back to the regular scheduled program :D

So whens it going to be delivered?
end of this week (Fri or Sat). it was buried in snow.... so they are going to pull it out, remove the piece of equipment it had in the back, and bring it to me on a trailer. :)

I don't care how fast your gole is but if your not serious about it your car will not perform. Sometimes your talking about 4000lbs Bbodys, 3800 Mbodys but you keep saying 3000lbs, theres a full second between 4000 and 3000 lbs.
Your talking about 400s instead of 440s and theres a half second between the two. A low compression smog 440 is good for 325 to 350 hp and that's it, you can't make power with less than 8:1 cr.
Theres formulas for going tens and you apparently arnt aware of them.

325-350 hp and that is it? Damn shame, 'cause I though for sure there would be more available than that at less that 8:1.

should be more fun once it's plated, insured, driving it, and making passes at the strip. Meanwhile, the search continues for the "right pieces". :)
Found a piece...
Screenshot_20200126-062118.png

yes, NOS is a joke...
That usually said by people who are scared of it.. they've never hooked it up and they think just all they have to do is buy one of those kits and poof... There's a superstar and that just isn't the case...

-
Back