10's on $5,000 ?

-
That's why I wouldn't even start one either they're just too expensive to get together and then all the accommodating parts..
From the 413 thread... I considered (and it's still on the table) turning the 318 into a 390, with my SM heads on top. Guy here on the site went 10.8's with the 390 in a 3600 lbs Volare

Ohhhh no. I tried talking you into a small block 211 pages ago.
2 things:
  1. Small block stroker would allow me to use my cheap truck headers + 727. But the stroker kit plus going 030 over might break the budget
  2. BB - I need a tranny (got one coming) and headers (I may have some that might work). But the 440 short block would be a much cheaper way to obtain more cubic inches.
  3. I have both small block and big block speedmaster heads...

From the 413 thread... I considered (and it's still on the table) turning the 318 into a 390, with my SM heads on top. Guy here on the site went 10.8's with the 390 in a 3600 lbs Volare
when I first wanted to do a stroker I wanted to do my 318 as well and found out that the 360 was a little bit cheaper because it's done more often just kind of along those same lines I was doing a 440 instead of 413 it's just done more often so it gets a little cheaper...

when I first wanted to do a stroker I wanted to do my 318 as well and found out that the 360 was a little bit cheaper because it's done more often just kind of along those same lines I was doing a 440 instead of 413 it's just done more often so it gets a little cheaper...
Agree. I've been checking prices. Honestly, there are many ways to skin this cat.... key will be how light I can get the truck - to know how much torque I'll need.

Agree. I've been checking prices. Honestly, there are many ways to skin this cat.... key will be how light I can get the truck - to know how much torque I'll need.
It ended up as simple math and not wanting to pay more for less...

Rite down to a little thin fence gate hinges for door hinges and little clickers welded on for door locks..

Pretty simple the frame and the very tin Can shell of everything else...

Rite down to a little thin fence gate hinges for door hinges and little clickers welded on for door locks..
We'll lighten it up for sure - but still keep it livable to ride in on the street. 3500 lbs would be a heavy A-body or a light B-body

See this guy likes poking until it comes back at him then he cries and says I'm not going to play with you. Boohoo has the words he doesn't like cleaned up and puts down more smack. My opinion hasn't changed 10s for 5k is a foolish statement /question in the first place.
Seems you didn't have a problem with him poking at me about my slow ET, but when i say I have company, I'm pok'n. OK. lol :D FYI - Jpar and I have been having fun longer than your 13 months and all your 461 post combined all together. I know why Jpar is here on this thread, but I haven't figured out why your still here with all the foolishness of 10's on 5k????

Last edited:
I don't know how you can disagree, it's exactly what you did.
I read your first line and hit the disagree. You seemed to by-pass the fact that he called me slow.... But anyways, look, I don't come here to argue and fight "on bad terms". This site is fun to me, and I keep it that way. If you read the first two pages of this thread, and see who all started pok'n. Again, we poke in fun. You just need to lighten up, and watch or join the fun but I suggest don't bother clicking on this thread if it gives you high blood pressure.

Last edited:
See this guy likes poking until it comes back at him then he cries and says I'm not going to play with you. Boohoo has the words he doesn't like cleaned up and puts down more smack. My opinion hasn't changed 10s for 5k is a foolish statement /question in the first place.
That's what he says about me! Lol...
When he breaks the speed of 318 will not do 10s sound which is 13.2... (which isn't bad for a bunch of cobble together stock parts) we'll have more room for him here on the race forum... LOL... He does talk to me in game but that's mostly his game.. TALK...:thumbsup::D...

I read your first line and hit the disagree. You seemed to by-pass the fact that he called me slow.... But anyways, look, I don't come here to argue and fight "on bad terms". This site is fun to me, and I keep it that way. If you read the first two pages of this thread, and see who all started pok'n. Again, we poke in fun. You just need to lighten up, and watch or join the fun but I suggest don't bother clicking on this thread if it gives you high blood pressure.
Let him have a heart attack LOL...

That's what he says about me! Lol...
When he breaks the speed of 318 will not do 10s sound which is 13.2... (which isn't bad for a bunch of cobble together stock parts) we'll have more room for him here on the race forum... LOL... He does talk to me in game but that's mostly his game.. TALK...:thumbsup::D...
I said I'd never say (and I won't), but I'll just tell you I was in the 12's long before you even owned your Duster or before I even had a computer.... LOL Now, no more hints

I said I'd never say (and I won't), but I'll just tell you I was in the 12's long before you even owned your Duster or before I even had a computer.... LOL Now, no more hints
Time Slips or didn't happen...
wmsmiley-****-hits-the-fan.gif

I've done some figuring. This thread has been open 19 days, and it has now gone 40 pages. It now averages 2.1 pages a day, with an average of 2 posts per hour.

You got a long way to go to get into the 10's.:poke:

I've done some figuring. This thread has been open 19 days, and it has now gone 40 pages. It now averages 2.1 pages a day, with an average of 2 posts per hour.

Hell will freeze over...
downloadfile-12.jpeg

When 318 will never do tens does tens...

Sure, but I'll have the truck in possession this weekend, and I was on the phone today with somebody dealing on a engine :)

I joined "For Trucks Only". :) pretty slow over there, a ghost town compared to FABO. They seem friendly, though. I brought my Roadkill D150 over there, LOL. Applying some CPR :D

I joined "For Trucks Only". :) pretty slow over there, a ghost town compared to FABO. They seem friendly, though. I brought my Roadkill D150 over there, LOL. Applying some CPR :D
Yah same thing with E Bodys. Not much drag racing. REstoratION mostly. Which is ok just not my cup of tee.

-
Back