13.3's to 11.8's to Forget it...

whose got this?

• 318hasason 392 Hemi

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • 318isaDad 360 Duster

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
-
HOLY COW!!! WHERE IS THE REST OF YOUR CAR!!!! I didn't know your 410 stroker was in a Altered Drag Car! If I threw half my car away I'd be in mid 12's with my stock 360 and 2.94's
I was finally able to afford the 3lb front fiberglass bumper last summer..

First yes always a 4 Speed and always will be... (Except when I put a pink 318 in the car with a 904 I rebuilt for my wife but never part of this combination whatsoever) four of those Time Slips are probably from that motor I just took it to the track once...
Roughly two-thirds are 11 seconds. Most of the other third are 12 passes and a few others just goofing around at the track that were probably higher..
This does not include one crap ton of Street driving here and there and spirited at that.. you know how it is driving a car like this you can't drive it like Grandma it just will not let you... You can at least give me that...
Off subject but did you sell that 318 to guy out of Woodland for his dart?.

This is why I laugh because for the hundred million time this isn't 15 to 13 this is 13 to 11.. sacrifices must be made...

Yup. I may never go to the track again. Like I said, since I was a kid I was at a track of some kind. It's old hat. Isnt fun for me. Why you can't grasp that I can't say.
Oh you will be there again,I hate the track and love the street but those days are gone so just like you dragged me back into this forum I will drag you back to the track!.besides you need to outrun me in my own car,its what you were born to do.

Last edited:
This is why I laugh because for the hundred million time this isn't 15 to 13 this is 13 to 11.. sacrifices must be made...
I don't know, depends whose tuning.... The guy I pit with at the strip, he goes 11.5's and it's all steel except the hood, which is actually not light. No passenger seat or back seat. Stock stroke 340.....
dscn2052-jpg.jpg

Here’s what I’d like to see happen.....

Put in the 484 cam, converter, 3.23’s.
Leave the current heads on it...... see what that runs.

Then change just the heads...... see what they do compared to the LA heads.

Oh you will be there again,I hate the track and love the street but those days are gone so just like you dragged me back into this forum I will drag you back to the track!.beside you need to outrun me in my own car,its what you were born to do.
HeHe sa he would be there on a Sunday..
On the last Sunday of every month on 92nd and Stark there is a body group that meets at noon.. they have the banquet room open for the meeting and usually quite a few a bodies show up if it's nice..
There is officially 100 people signed up in the group. And it's just a group it's not a club. No dues just people who have a bodies.. and anywhere from 10 to 20 people show up..

You guys realize if we didn’t have car websites like this to come on and argue during the Winter months a few of us would probably be serial killers. Love you guys.
Actually that's what this is for,a few months a year in cars don't cut it,even if it has nitrous :icon_fU:

20191019_162807.jpg

See post 251. LOL. Page 11, and your still on the NOS :D
Now you have gone and done it,you and jpar like spaghetti well nitrous will be in all of your future posts!

also nos is a company made famous by ricers and the fast and the furious,n20 is the proper abbreviation,maybe if you knew more about it you wouldn't hate it so much :rofl:

Mmmmmm NOS. Pssss psssss
You will probably smell it before I do,you already have a kit,it will be a while before I get one if at all on this car.I have been tempted to make it a race car and already have some fiberglass parts and a 904 but that would be the easy way out,you know like,a nitrous kit, or bolting on a set of cnc heads or buying a race car chassis ready to go :poke:

Now you have gone and done it,you and jpar like spaghetti well nitrous will be in all of your future posts!

also nos is a company made famous by ricers and the fast and the furious,n20 is the proper abbreviation,maybe if you knew more about it you wouldn't hate it so much :rofl:
I'll have TWO BIG Ketchup bottles before I have TWO BIG Blue bottles :D :D

You will probably smell it before I do,you already have a kit,it will be a while before I get one if at all on this car.I have been tempted to make it a race car and already have some fiberglass parts and a 904 but that would be the easy way out,you know like,a nitrous kit, or bolting on a set of cnc heads or buying a race car chassis ready to go :poke:
And just remember to vote. Your Vote Counts!! LOL>....

I think the best approach for me is to try the magnum heads with the 484 cam. Already have those pieces, so I spend nothing other than what's already been spent. Then add 3.23's and a converter. At that point, make a pass and see where I am. Then I'll know what I may need to buy to push towards 11's.

Do you have the 3.23's already or do you need them?when you change gear it affects the converter. Some companies will tune it up for fairly cheap, but you still eat the freight both ways.

I have zero doubt that 284 cam will run in the 12.00-12.teens if the gear and converter. Port what you have, skip ANY dual plane intake and go.

Do you have the 3.23's already or do you need them?when you change gear it affects the converter. Some companies will tune it up for fairly cheap, but you still eat the freight both ways.

I have zero doubt that 284 cam will run in the 12.00-12.teens if the gear and converter. Port what you have, skip ANY dual plane intake and go.
I don't have 3.23's yet, should be easy to get. I did some "clean up" work on the magnum heads, and opened up the bowl area some. Because the mag heads, I'll have to run the only magnum intake I have, which is the Eddy Air Gap RPM.

It's crazy that Uncle Craig's father my grandfather is actually in the book of Who's Who... he was a wizard electrical engineer who actually has his name on a plaque at the Hoover Dam.. I remember him telling me the story of when he went to see Einstein talk at a university in Washington and telling me it was so far above has had it seems like gibberish but it was still cool seeing the mana...and my uncle Craig's Sons how they made it through their childhood I'll never know are computer whizzes and Engineers themselves.. Uncle Craig has always been one of those people who trashes everything and himself to death and never has anything and never will. Someone you can't stand listening to for more than 5 minutes.... But that was an example it can be done...
My grandfather on my dad's side was also a brain as well very smart man and did very well in the stock market. Was always the head of one of those stock market groups and things like that...

I haven't asked for one thing from PRH as far as qualifiers... First off he is straight pertinent questions and give straightforward answers. he doesn't talk about picking up poop and donut and pepper and poop and he doesn't talk about stepping on his dick and all kinds of crazy stuff like that... and it's definitely not got thrown off the forum under a different name for being a raving lunatic...

For the last part...I can't help it if you have no sense of humor.

For the first part...that's pretty damn cool. Anyone who can get his name on any dam is pretty dang spanky.

I have the utmost respect for the guys who engineered and built all this stuff long before the computer was even a thought. Incredible people.

If you've ever seen an Oakland engine, essentially the forerunner of Pontiac, the engineering required just to make the tooling to machine the raw castings, the engineering required to develop the the mold to even cast that shape is unreal. With zero computers.

And that's just one example. Look at any old mill, or lathe, any old machine tools and they are engineering marvels.

I'm in total awe when I see these things, and throw up when I see that stuff get scrapped.

-
Back