13.3's to 11.8's to Forget it...

whose got this?

• 318hasason 392 Hemi

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • 318isaDad 360 Duster

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
-
Things are tough all over... Beyond my wife's medical issues I know less than called nine-one-one on myself no less than 2 weeks ago! I was in the hospital the next day with a bag of fluid getting pumped into me.. I'll go get my bimonthly shot in my left eyeball for the mini stroke I had in it in a week. a year ago I had my appendix taken out in an emergency hospital visit.. a year-and-a-half ago a 14 Challenger ran a red light and T-boned me on the driver side and damn near killed me.. that's why I sold the Goldwing and the dirt bike... People don't hear about most of that because well this is the car forum.. this was no disrespect or unsympathetic feelings for your parents whatsoever but just to show things can be tough all over and a lot of being out here talking about the cars gets me away from it...

Yeah, I forgot about your eye. That's not good. I used to get an infusion every other month. Now I give my self a shot once a week. Instead of coming over every other month, I only need to come over every three months.

Yeah, I forgot about your eye. That's not good. I used to get an infusion every other month. Now I give my self a shot once a week. Instead of coming over every other month, I only need to come over every three months.
Well let stop the Bromance and get on with the bench racing.. when are you going to be in town! So I can have you stand in the middle of the street while I boil my back tires and do a wide circle around you...

Heads : With the low compression pistons in your engine i think you are going to need a very well ported / good flowing set of 360 cast heads or the promaxx alloys (also well ported) so you dont need to big a cam which wont like the low comp and then have to run a very low set of gears.
My suggestion would be as small a chamber head as you can achieve without milling them too much. Edelbrock rpm or the stealth inlet should get you there.

Camshaft: around 240 at 50 solid flat tappet camshaft.

Gears: 3.91 gears,run your 26" street et at the drags and something a bit taller for cruising.eg 255 60 15. 3000rpm at 60mph with the 26" tyre. Alternatively you could run a 3.73 or 3.55 gear with a very small diameter tyre at the drags to lower the effective gearing.

Converter: reputable brand with 3500 to 4000rpm stall.

Heads : With the low compression pistons in your engine i think you are going to need a very well ported / good flowing set of 360 cast heads or the promaxx alloys (also well ported) so you dont need to big a cam which wont like the low comp and then have to run a very low set of gears.
My suggestion would be as small a chamber head as you can achieve without milling them too much. Edelbrock rpm or the stealth inlet should get you there.

Camshaft: around 240 at 50 solid flat tappet camshaft.

Gears: 3.91 gears,run your 26" street et at the drags and something a bit taller for cruising.eg 255 60 15. 3000rpm at 60mph with the 26" tyre. Alternatively you could run a 3.73 or 3.55 gear with a very small diameter tyre at the drags to lower the effective gearing.

Converter: reputable brand with 3500 to 4000rpm stall.

He's no longer shooting for elevens...
He is just going to use the parts that he has and go from there..
He started out talking big but quickly realized he is going to have to spend money and not just a little.. He is simply not going to be able to do elevens with the parts he has at the house or he already would have....
Anyone who voted for him is just doing so out of kindness.. CLEARLY his sons car is already waaaay faster.. and if Dad starts adding extra, do you think he isn't going to see that coming and stay two steps ahead..?..:rolleyes:...

He's no longer shooting for elevens...
He is just going to use the parts that he has and go from there..
He started out talking big but quickly realized he is going to have to spend money and not just a little.. He is simply not going to be able to do elevens with the parts he has at the house or he already would have....
Anyone who voted for him is just doing so out of kindness.. CLEARLY his sons car is already waaaay faster.. and if Dad starts adding extra, do you think he isn't going to see that coming and stay two steps ahead..?..:rolleyes:...
this post needs to be taken out with the garbage.....

The truth hurts..
you have wooden ears. LOL. How many times have I said this now... "start with what I already have and see where it takes me, and if I don't get where I need to be, I will/can make the next upgrades"....

We are going to get his Challenger this morning. It's done at the body shop (2 coons followed by a deer). Hate to put it on these roads, but we have no choice.

you have wooden ears. LOL. How many times have I said this now... "start with what I already have and see where it takes me, and if I don't get where I need to be, I will/can make the next upgrades"....
you know I know and everybody on here has told you that what you have is not going to get you to 11 8.... Not even close! And if you think 12-6 is close to 11.8, You're smoking better stuff than yellow rose...
You're not going to do do 12 6 with what you have and then tune it down to 11/8..

I’ve seen stranger combo’s make it. Seen combo’s that shouldn’t work run like stink. It just happens sometimes. Impossible,no. Improbable yes.

you know I know and everybody on here has told you that what you have is not going to get you to 11 8.... Not even close! And if you think 12-6 is close to 11.8, You're smoking better stuff than yellow rose...
You're not going to do do 12 6 with what you have and then tune it down to 11/8..
Neither you, nor I, or anyone else can say how this car will respond to the mag heads. I can tell you what I'm gaining, much better bowl area, smaller valve stems, slightly bigger valves, 1.6 rockers, more compression (closed chamber). You can make your own guess at what you think the ET will drop.....

This competition is so one-sided and unfair it's not even funny! Nothing from your kid? I have to be his Advocate at all times..
Question for him so we all know who were voting for...
Are you going to sit around for the next two years watching dad fiddle on his car and wait for him to go flying by you like you were standing still?
I'll have to answer for him because nobody will... HELL NO!!!...
I'm going to take my Challenger down to a performance shop and have them add a a nos kit.... dad can file as he may and toutle as he wants but he's never going to catch me.... My credit card is way faster...

I’ve seen stranger combo’s make it. Seen combo’s that shouldn’t work run like stink. It just happens sometimes. Impossible,no. Improbable yes.
most, without knowing, would say I have a high 14 second combo now, except they all know it goes 13.3's. :)

AGREED... As a matter of fact it already runs like stink.. pee..you....lol...

Wow Jpar take a chill pill, sit back, and relax. You have all winter to hate on people and hit the disagree button.

Neither you, nor I, or anyone else can say how this car will respond to the mag heads. I can tell you what I'm gaining, much better bowl area, smaller valve stems, slightly bigger valves, 1.6 rockers, more compression (closed chamber). You can make your own guess at what you think the ET will drop.....
I can tell you what you're not gaining by putting those Magnum heads on... an 11/8 time slip.. bahahaha..

This competition is so one-sided and unfair it's not even funny! Nothing from your kid? I have to be his Advocate at all times..
Question for him so we all know who were voting for...
Are you going to sit around for the next two years watching dad fiddle on his car and wait for him to go flying by you like you were standing still?
I'll have to answer for him because nobody will... HELL NO!!!...
I'm going to take my Challenger down to a performance shop and have them add a a nos kit.... dad can file as he may and toutle as he wants but he's never going to catch me.... My credit card is way faster...
BWAHAHAAHAA…. you should have been a story writer. He doesn't even know this thread exist. But we'll make videos and I'll post them.

I think you're completely wasting your time and money thinking that those Magnum heads are going to get you to an 11-8... Maybe with a stroker kit under them..

Wow Jpar take a chill pill, sit back, and relax. You have all winter to hate on people and hit the disagree button.
Disagree LOL nobody hates nobody I just am the word of Truth and 318 has valves that will fly can't handle it...
Also good morning...

BWAHAHAAHAA…. you should have been a story writer. He doesn't even know this thread exist. But we'll make videos and I'll post them.
Well it is more one-sided than I thought! So it is a completely unfair competition that he doesn't even know he's in...
ABSOLUTELY TOTAL BULLCRAP...

Disagree LOL nobody hates nobody I just am the word of Truth and 318 has valves that will fly can't handle it...
Also good morning...
Word of truth will be the ET slip... until then you have all winter to banter... LOL

Well it is more one-sided than I thought! So it is a completely unfair competition that he doesn't even know he's in...
ABSOLUTELY TOTAL BULLCRAP...
I didn't say that, now did I? He knows what i'm doing and is excited for it. He just don't care 2 red pennies about this site.... LOL

most, without knowing, would say I have a high 14 second combo now, except they all know it goes 13.3's. :)
Okay I'm saying this blue in the face beating the dead horse over and over and over but you just in your own words have wooden ears..

"the 15 to 13 game ain't the 13 to 11.8 game"

Now what's your T-shirt size so I can have that printed up for you?...

-
Back