13.3's to 11.8's to Forget it...

whose got this?

• 318hasason 392 Hemi

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • 318isaDad 360 Duster

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
-
well, i'm thinking maybe I should start with the Magnum heads means I've already got them and they are ready to go. Think I can get 4 tenths out of them vs the stock 360 heads? ???? thoughts welcome!!!!

Do you have an intake for them, or will you drill them for LA pattern?

well, i'm thinking maybe I should start with the Magnum heads means I've already got them and they are ready to go. Think I can get 4 tenths out of them vs the stock 360 heads? ???? thoughts welcome!!!!
ee
I knew the
Promaxx heads
Where lip service..

ee
I knew the
Promaxx heads
Where lip service..
Nope. IF I don't get the results from what I have, I'll get better heads. Maybe new ProMaxx, maybe a good deal on a used set of Eddy's, maybe even SM's....... you get the point.

great post. And I fully understand I may not make high 11's with what I'm willing to change and try. But I'm going to need the car to tell me it can't :) But I'm hoping to get the right cam/head combo. This will be key.
Then why 11.8 in the title of the thread?

I waited until after my daughter was born to buy me another bike. Took a few months of tinkering with it to get it back up and running, but I have a bike I have wanted for years. 1985 Yamaha FJ1100. Runs great, still haven't went anywhere other than up the road and back. But I have it.
I've had so many motorcycles it's hard to count them all. My son's Need for Speed on a motorcycle could come from when he was about 2 years old I had an 82 Yamaha 1100 Midnight Special.. I put him in front of me and pin him to my chest...

Well then, you wouldn't be out anything but gaskets.

I think you will pick up, I don't think 4 tenths.......maybe 2.

I hope you prove me wrong.
My thoughts exactly, just gaskets to try. IF I only gain 2 tenths, then I'll learn a lot and be disappointed. slightly bigger valves, much better bowl area and smaller valve stems, I should gain compression, I just don't see 2 tenths.

My thoughts exactly, just gaskets to try. IF I only gain 2 tenths, then I'll learn a lot and be disappointed. slightly bigger valves, much better bowl area and smaller valve stems, I should gain compression, I just don't see 2 tenths.
Is the bottom end stock?

It's what I'm hoping for..... I'm not going to jump off a bridge if I don't, nor will I hook up NOS>
Well maybe the thread should have been title of my unrealistic try at 11.8...
Again I'm not trying nay say you, but I just still don't think you're going to tune your way out of this one or into it...
I know you like to give me a hard time about the money I put into my motor but I'm still reaping the benefits here 5 years later and going to do it again next year...
You can put the promaxx heads on the converter the gears and cam but if you don't do something with that bottom and it ain't going to hold out doing 11s for 5 years guaranteed...

You may be right, you will gain some lift too.

Only 1/8th mile tracks around me, 3 within 30-40 minute drive, so I'm just guessing for the 1/4.

You will not do 11-8 next year with that 360... Without higher compression Pistons... Yes I said it...

Well maybe the thread should have been title of my unrealistic try at 11.8...
Again I'm not trying nay say you, but I just still don't think you're going to tune your way out of this one or into it...
I know you like to give me a hard time about the money I put into my motor but I'm still reaping the benefits here 5 years later and going to do it again next year...
You can put the promaxx heads on the converter the gears and cam but if you don't do something with that bottom and it ain't going to hold out doing 11s for 5 years guaranteed...
LOL... this post is actually funny

Everybody's telling you the same thing ...
When I first put this 360 in, backed by 2.45's and a stock 904, I posted a thread about what it might run. Most said 15's and 16's including the gurus. ONE person said mid 14's. When it ran I said it's faster. Even though I said what I felt, I was told I was wrong. NONE of them said anything or showed up when I got it to go 13.9.

yeah. it was rebuilt from auto parts store, but OEM replacement parts used. It has the dished 360 style pistons.
Well you know the drill by now,get as much compression as you can however you can,good converter,put the car on a diet and not to beat a dead horse but gears gear gears!

-
Back