14 or 15 inch rim advice

-

72SwingerJosh

Reaction score
hello. I'm looking to get some steel rims. I want a 7 or 8 inch wide rim either 14 or 15 inch to make my sleeper look stock. These will be for the rear and I will get the same diameter in front but a little narrower. I will get 4.25 to 4.50 back spacing it's a 72 swinger with 8.75 rear small bolt. I have 14 inch rims already and can get 14 x 8 rims made out of two of them for $155 a rim and $35 each shipping from that mr mopar place or get the 15 inch ones from pretty much anywhere that are made in either 7 or 8 inches wide for the rear and 6 inches wide for the front, for about $275 more so not a deal breaking difference, in for a penny in for a pound right? But the difference starts with the tire costs on top of that with the extra rim cost and I want it to look good also. I'm not offsetting the rear springs or anything extreme but am using the xhd rear springs from Mancini. So the question I guess is should I use the 14 or 15 and if so which one and what size tires could I use for the most traction and the best value. I don't mind spending money but not like a fool so want the best reasonable advice about this. Thanks in advance for any common sense answers. Also if anyone needs more info for what I'm trying for just ask I will get back asap. Thanks.

Check wheel vintiques. For a stock style steel wheel (non rally) 15x8 4.50 backspace 5x4.0 pattern is 108$. Front will run about the same. Your looking at about 100$ over having yours reworked. Go thru Summit Racing and shipping should be free I believe. As far as tires, the last time I looked for 14" the selection is getting slim, honestly 15" is heading that way depending on what you want. Can't help with tire sizes etc.

If going over 4" backspace in the front you need to watch your tire height and width. The tire will rub the frame when you turn at full clock. The rears should be fine with 4.5 backspace

Doesn't that mopar man guy insist on paypal? So add the 3% into that too.

I bought my 15x7 steelies from wheel vintiques. They were like 125 each with a standard backspace (4.25). Think I had to pay 25 more a rim for a custom (4.5" backspace)

I'm running large bolt 15x7 with 4.5" backspace all the way around. Running a 225/60-15 tire all the way around too. If I did it again I'd go 4.75 backspace but like I said I'm running large bolt pattern.

Went with 15x6 3 3/4 back spacing vintiques steel wheels for the front they are $80 from Jeg's free shipping and the 15x8 4 1/2 back spacing vintiques for the rear $106 free shipping from summit. 205s in front and 255s in rear and 60r all way around and have plenty of room. Thanks everyone.

hello. I'm looking to get some steel rims. I want a 7 or 8 inch wide rim either 14 or 15 inch to make my sleeper look stock. These will be for the rear and I will get the same diameter in front but a little narrower. I will get 4.25 to 4.50 back spacing it's a 72 swinger with 8.75 rear small bolt. I have 14 inch rims already and can get 14 x 8 rims made out of two of them for $155 a rim and $35 each shipping from that mr mopar place or get the 15 inch ones from pretty much anywhere that are made in either 7 or 8 inches wide for the rear and 6 inches wide for the front, for about $275 more so not a deal breaking difference, in for a penny in for a pound right? But the difference starts with the tire costs on top of that with the extra rim cost and I want it to look good also. I'm not offsetting the rear springs or anything extreme but am using the xhd rear springs from Mancini. So the question I guess is should I use the 14 or 15 and if so which one and what size tires could I use for the most traction and the best value. I don't mind spending money but not like a fool so want the best reasonable advice about this. Thanks in advance for any common sense answers. Also if anyone needs more info for what I'm trying for just ask I will get back asap. Thanks.
Please don't get the wheels widened!
I'm sure they've gotten better, but the ones I've seen in the past had a lot of runout, were heavy, and took a lot of weight to balance.
IMO you'll be much happier with an "off the shelf" selection.
As far as 14 or 15, with drag slicks we like the 14, 'cause it had more sidewall for the same O.D., felt like it hooked better.

Went with 15x6 3 3/4 back spacing vintiques steel wheels for the front they are $80 from Jeg's free shipping and the 15x8 4 1/2 back spacing vintiques for the rear $106 free shipping from summit. 205s in front and 255s in rear and 60r all way around and have plenty of room. Thanks everyone.

Any pictures??

-
Back