18" Wheel help

-
Those should work. I like a lot of the XXR designs, but can't stand the double drilled bolt pattern. It wouldn't be so bad if they made plugs for the holes that aren't in use.

Just need to double drill the hubs and add 5 more studs each.

:rofl:

The only way I'm doing that is if the other 5 studs have pointy colored lug nuts.

:rofl:

Make sure they are 6" long or longer, too.

At the same time, the 4x4 guys are always talking about putting 8 lug axles under their trucks. A 10 lug setup would be the bomb.

Post your wheel and tire combos.

So i found this Demon and really like how it looks. It says it has disc fronts and a stock 8.75 with drums, same as mine.
Is 4.5 enough backspacing for the fronts? I would rather use an 8" front wheel,not a 7". The Rear shows 9.5 with 5.25 back space.
Looks like everything clears fine from the pics.
Thoughts? I thought i needed more backspacing in the front and or rear too.

Post your wheel and tire combos.

So i found this Demon and really like how it looks. It says it has disc fronts and a stock 8.75 with drums, same as mine.
Is 4.5 enough backspacing for the fronts? I would rather use an 8" front wheel,not a 7". The Rear shows 9.5 with 5.25 back space.
Looks like everything clears fine from the pics.
Thoughts? I thought i needed more backspacing in the front and or rear too.

If you want to use a 8” wheel up front you need more than 4.5” of backspace if you want to actually use the rim width to run more tire. Realistically you need at least 5” of backspace on an 8” rim in the front to make running the 8” worthwhile vs a 7” wide rim. That Demon is only running a 225/45/17 front, so that’s only a 25” tall wheel and the specs are taken from a 7.5” wide measuring rim, so on a 7” rim the section will be a bit narrower than the spec.

In the back with stock spring locations the 5.25” backspace is a good set up for an 18x9.5”. You can’t run much more backspace than that without a spring offset of some kind.

I went back and looked at that summit wheel selection again, I’m not sure why the Summit page shows the 18x9.5” wheel with a backspace of 5.54” as an offset of +20mm. That backspace on a 9.5” wide wheel is a +7mm offset.

If you want to use a 8” wheel up front you need more than 4.5” of backspace if you want to actually use the rim width to run more tire. Realistically you need at least 5” of backspace on an 8” rim in the front to make running the 8” worthwhile vs a 7” wide rim. That Demon is only running a 225/45/17 front, so that’s only a 25” tall wheel and the specs are taken from a 7.5” wide measuring rim, so on a 7” rim the section will be a bit narrower than the spec.

In the back with stock spring locations the 5.25” backspace is a good set up for an 18x9.5”. You can’t run much more backspace than that without a spring offset of some kind.

I went back and looked at that summit wheel selection again, I’m not sure why the Summit page shows the 18x9.5” wheel with a backspace of 5.54” as an offset of +20mm. That backspace on a 9.5” wide wheel is a +7mm offset.
XXR 559 Flat Graphite Wheels 5x4.5 - 18x8.5 +20 - 559886696

These are an 8.5 wide wheel with a +20 offset so i think they should work front and rear.
Plus they kind of look like a pitchfork, lol

XXR 559 Flat Graphite Wheels 5x4.5 - 18x8.5 +20 - 559886696

These are an 8.5 wide wheel with a +20 offset so i think they should work front and rear.
Plus they kind of look like a pitchfork, lol

So I think they’ll work, in the front if you go past a 245 wide tire they’ll end up sticking out too far (father than my 275’s).

In the back you’ll probably need a small spacer to clear the springs.

But for a compromise to run the same rim front and back that’s about as close as it gets.

So I think they’ll work, in the front if you go past a 245 wide tire they’ll end up sticking out too far (father than my 275’s).

In the back you’ll probably need a small spacer to clear the springs.

But for a compromise to run the same rim front and back that’s about as close as it gets.
Would a 255-40 rear tire work? I was looking at the Nitto NT555g2 but they don't have a 255-40 for the rear.
I was thinking 245-40 for the front.

Last edited:
-
Back