-
Status
Not open for further replies.

fastcorgigarage

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 1955 Marvel Mystery Oil Inverse Oiler for sale. The oiler is the large glass model and has been recently restored. I can't post pics on here since I'm using my phone but I can text or email pics to any serious buyer. The price is $150 and shipping will depend on the buyers location and shipping preference.

This should be posted in the "other stuff" section as it is not a automotive mechanical part. I could have sworn a mod moved it yesterday but I see it's back here again today.:violent1:

I figured out how to upload photos with my phone. Here is a pic of the Inverse oiler I have for sale.

Attachments

• 1359048250480.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 962
You install it to your carb via a copper line. Once you have done that the carb will cause a suction in the oiler that adds a drop of oil to the carb ever so often to keep it clean, and to lubricate the mechanical parts in the carb and cylinders. They really popular now with super charger applications and some people still use them with performance carburetors.

To be correct, this doesn't have anything to do with lubricating a carburetor. It puts the oil into the intake manifold right through the vacuum line, and was supposed to lubricate the valves and combustion chamber.

I was wondering that also. Here is what I found...

MM Inverse Oiler

Back in the day, we used to put Marvel Mystery Oil in everything from air tools to pouring it straight down the carb throat.

Ok. I've been wrenching for well over 30 yrs. and am very familiar with Marvel mystery oil, just never saw an automatic oiler from them. It would be neat for a old rod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back