1962 Dodge Lancer A Body? Hot Rod?

-

A/MP

Reaction score
'62 Lancer came as a /6 only. Is it an A Body car? SB or RB swap simple? Thanks

SB will be simple; RB will be difficult, but possible. One option you did not ask about is BB, which would be easier than RB and can be built to the same HP as RB. Your most difficult part for the RB and BB is header selection, it doesn't exist; custom made headers will be a must.

yes A body and the lightest of them all. small engine compartment. if a v8 a good running SB would be fun! and plenty of oats.. exhaust is a problem for any v8 early A for sure.

Doesn't it have a huge heater box where the LA distributor would go? I be a 383 with logs would drop right in.

Heater box is easy enough to modify so don't let it worry you if that's your only concern.

SB will be simple; RB will be difficult, but possible. One option you did not ask about is BB, which would be easier than RB and can be built to the same HP as RB. Your most difficult part for the RB and BB is header selection, it doesn't exist; custom made headers will be a must.
Probably would have to go with fender well headers.

A member here is selling s/b fender well headers for early A body now. Very nice shape.
The B/RB does present a few equipment fitment issues I think. The small block might be easier, I don't know.

Reguardless your answers are YES and YES! An excellent hot rod candidate.
EZ 2 do? That is all realitive. Like cheap & beautiful.

I have done a few /6 - small block swaps and IMO, it has been worth it every time!

The 383 and 4 speed would be the easiest to swap in, IMO.

-
Back