1963 Valiant V200 Wagon

-
You will know what your feeling when you drive it again...

Well done!

well now that the engine is back in, i started cleaning my parts for the disc brake swap. i sandblasted and painted the upper control arms and the rearend yesterday. it doesnt look like i got much done, but everything had so much grease on it, it took me forever to get them clean.

P4112001.jpg

P4112002.jpg

its not how fast you do the job,,its how nice it turns out,,,,and looks great so far

thanks. its not bad for a back yard resto. it will be a fun cruiser that i plan on taking to the strip when i can.

here is what i got done today. my girlfriend got to do what she likes to do. install new clean parts. she put on the carb, air cleaner and alternator. then i had her put a few of the tranny bolts that wernt too bad to get to and i climbed under and got the hard to reach stuff. i also made some 1/4" shims because my header was hitting the steering box. i think i will remake them though to look a little better, it was just a quick job to see if it would even work. i do need to retap or helicoil a hole in the tranny though because it was stripped when i went to put a bolt in. but other than that, its coming along.

P4122006.jpg

P4122007.jpg

P4122008.jpg

P4122009.jpg

P4122010.jpg

P4122011.jpg

P4122012.jpg

Hey there young fella! Any updates? Whats happening? Us old,sick guys like to see you youthfull fella's gittin her dun ya know!

hey guys. sorry i dont have any pictures. i had to go to a birthday party on saturday, and then work on a friends motorcycle sunday and after that i had to deliver my scamp to a friend that bought that car. so that left me with no time to work on the wagon. especially since my wagon is 40 miles from my house. i usually go down and work on it saturday and sunday and it was tough to not go work on it last weekend. i even have new springs and the new rear end to put in. i wont be able to work on it this weekend either because we are going down to van nuys for spring fling. but im actually looking forward to that. i will try to take some pictures of my new parts though and post them up on here. sorry to hear about your current state needsaresto. hang in there.

Thanks Bud. Believe it or not,Im O.K with it. Cant fight em,may as well join em I guess. At least this way,Im in control.

I look forward to seeing further progress on your wagon. It is truly different,and you are doing a fine job.

I seem to get a boost from your thread,so thank you and keep up the good work!

well i ordered my front tires and wheels today. the fronts are 5.60-15 with 15 x 4 mags, and the rears are hurst cheater slicks that i will mount on 15 x 7 black steelies.

tires.jpg

wheels.jpg

tires2.jpg

I am seeing some very fine work being dun here resto.
I am drooling all over my key board

Wow, the car is looking good! You know, there is a Mopar Babe thread that you could post a couple of those pictures in........:toothy10:

picked up my tires and wheels today. the wheels i really wanted were 360 a piece. i couldnt bring myself to spend over 700 dollars for two wheels. so i just bought these cheap summit wheels for now. i would like to make them dull though. how should i do this. maybe a scotch bright pad?

P4292144.jpg

true, i'll put them on and see. i was kinda bummed. i have been waiting all week to work on my car and now its raining. supposed to rain all weekend. no working on the car for me.

the wheels are summit brand. i was kinda bummed when i opened them and they said made in china. but its just untill i can buy the gasser wheels i want. the tires are coker 5.60-15 pro trac bias ply. i wanted that old tire look. now i wasnt around for the gasser days, so any input is appreciated. i pretty much want to build something that someone would have built in the early 60's as a street strip car.

i thionk those rims are gonna look killer,, they have a old look to them i think, nice choice

-
Back