1963 Valiant V200 Wagon

-
hey guys. well i got to work on the car today. weather was good. but it seemed like things did not go smoothly today. everything i tried to do faut ( however you spell that) me. i ended up having to walk away from the car for a while because i was so frustrated i freaked out. this doesnt happen to me usually. im pretty calm. but things have been stressful lately with my new job and a few other things. not that any of that is an excuse. i am also working on my car at my girls parents house which makes things hard. but anyways. i ended up getting the rear springs and rear end out. i ended up just cutting the u bolts with a grinder since they wernt coming loose. and i spent the rest of the day cleaning up the frame rails and all the sheet metal so that i can por-15 it tomorrow. enjoy the pictures. i know its not a lot of progress but its better than nothing. thats how i have to look at it.

P5092158.jpg

P5092159.jpg

P5092160.jpg

P5092161.jpg

P5092162.jpg

P5092163.jpg

P5092164.jpg

P5092165.jpg

P5092170.jpg

P5092171.jpg

Your rims look great and when things are fighting me, I walk away from it for a while, do something else, and return to it with a fresh perspective. It doesn`t always work but more times than not it does.

Hey man,dont sweat it. I've been frustrated enough to huck wrenches and make people duck!

Sometimes you just have to change your approach. If one method doesnt work after 2-3 tries,use another.

Hey that's great! Nice find.....and it doesn't look like you have a problem gettin' down & dirty and doin' the elbow grease thing. Kinda looks like that S/6 got a bit punished over the years.

thanks guys, today should be better. i dont need to try and get any 30 year old bolts off. just por-15 some stuff and hopefully slap the new springs and rear end in. i get nervous leaving the car on jack stands for extended periods of time. hey 63VALIANT*KISS, the only thing im really looking for right now is a dash pad. but im not too worried about it at the moment. im just trying to get her back together so i can start taking it to shows and enjoying it. i still have to rebuild the front end and convert it over to disc brakes.

hey guys. i got my new springs and 8 1/4 rear end in today. the most time consuming part was letting the por-15 dry. i cleaned up the frame rails. they wernt too rusty, i am eventually going to clean all the undercoating off as well, i was just trying to get it back on the ground and rolling around today.

P5102172.jpg

P5102173.jpg

P5102175.jpg

P5102176.jpg

P5102177.jpg

P5102179.jpg

P5102180.jpg

P5102181.jpg

P5102182.jpg

P5102184.jpg

heres some pics. i havent been feeling great today. i think its my allergies. i have been sneezing all day, my throat is killing me and i just feel out of it due to all the medicine i took, which hasnt done a thing. so i just stuck with bolting on some new parts today. got my starter from 440 source on. and i got my radiator back in from the shop. the only problem i had was the upper radiator hose didnt fit right, so i need to figure out whats up with that. oh and today i learned that i need to install my fan before my radiator.

P5162196.jpg

P5162202.jpg

P5162203.jpg

P5162204.jpg

P5162205.jpg

oh and i also test fit some 15x7 steel wheels my buddy had laying around. hes gonna sell them to me if they will work. the are new in the box from wheel vintiques 15x7 with 4 1/4" backspacing. you guys think they will fit. i have about 1 1/4" between the rim and spring, im going to be running 28"x8"x15" cheater slick from hurst. you can also see in the last picture that the back is sitting up a little higher which is what i want. and those tires are only about 25 1/2" tall.

P5162192.jpg

P5162193.jpg

P5162194.jpg

P5162201.jpg

THis thread is sooo cooool.

I get to watch every step of what your doing and dont have to lift a finger!Lol....

As for your allergies. The reason the drug store has sooo much allergy remedies on the shelf is...THEY DONT FRIGGIN WORK! Same for cold remedies,cough syrup,etc..

My Dr gives me a once yearly shot. I dont recall exactly what it is,but it's similar to prednisone which is a steroid. Methyl something or other...and it has other benefits for me because of my M.S.

It's not much,maybe 2 cc? Costs me between $15-20 and works wonders on my allergies.

As for the tire/rim combo,sounds like it might be close on the inner wheel well. Arent those early a body wheel wells small? Im hoping someone else who has done this chimes in..

And I see you are more relaxed about the wagon now! Time away from it helped maybe.

Im still fighting with my cop car to get rid of it. But it has turned into Christine..so it is up in the air on stands and I had to walk away...

The shot stings a bit as it has to be injected into muscle,but it's worth it.

thanks. i will look into the shot. as for the wheel situation. i will probably just mount one of my tires on a rim and see if it fits. if everything works i will buy the wheels off my friend. the good thing is. the same guy thats selling the wheels has a tire mounting machine and a balancer.

holy crap, it has been hot out the last few days. but im not going to complain since i have been able to work on my car. today i por-15'd the inside of the dash and the firewall. i also did the underside of the cowl and the windshield opening all the way around. there is some rust to fix around the windshield and cowl, but i will fix that stuff later. i also found my upper radiator hose and put in my cleaned up bulkhead connector.

P5172194.jpg

P5172195.jpg

P5172198.jpg

P5172199.jpg

P5172200.jpg

P5172201.jpg

P5172203.jpg

well i got to test fit my tires yesterday and put my dash and wiring harness in. the tires were close so i mounted one up on a rim so that i can check it today and make sure everything fits. i am thinking about just pushing my new wires through the bulkhead connector. what do you guys think? i figured it will keep it looking stock and utilizes the holes already there.

P5222205.jpg

P5222206.jpg

P5222207.jpg

P5222209.jpg

P5222211.jpg

P5222212.jpg

P5222213.jpg

P5222215.jpg

P5222217.jpg

Yeah, why not just push them thru?? Any connection creates resistance so the more wire w/o connections you have, the better. Put the engine side of the bulkheads on there so you would have to really look close to see you didnt use connectors. THe only downfall is taking it apart to service it.

You Talk About Team Work! The Two Of You Are Doing An Outstanding Job...

thanks for the kind words. today i test fit a tire that i had mounted on a rim. and it fit. the best part is my buddy said i could have the wheels if they worked. they are brand new 15 x 7 steelies from wheel vintiques. i just have to paint them because they are bare. its a tight fit but i shouldnt have any rubbing issues as long as i stay away from any crazy driveways angles. they sure do make the wagon look mean. sorry i cant get a side shot of the car right now, its in between a fence and a shed. i also filled my old heater hose holes with body plugs, and used one to run the water temp. sending unit through. the only other thing i got done today was i painted my brake pedal and the frame that it hooks up to. it was the only rusty stuff left under the dash and it was bugging me. tomorrow i am going to get the rear brakes buttoned up, and hopefully a few other little things.

P5232210.jpg

P5232211.jpg

P5232212.jpg

P5232213.jpg

P5232214.jpg

P5232215.jpg

P5232216.jpg

P5232217.jpg

Freaking awesome! Moving right along and lookin great!

I am inspired by your progress enough that I went really steady on the cop car today. My pace is very slow and I make mistakes and have to go back and redo stuff.. it sucks but my brain aint as sharp as it used to be. At least all the fuel leaks are done and the engine harness is redone.

I need to buy a right angle drill. THeres some tight spots where I ran the new fuel line and I cant mount a clamp without drilling.

-
Back