1963 Valiant V200 Wagon

-
well i went over to my dads after work today and made my heater delete plate. i am pretty happy with the outcome, considering i made it with a hacksaw and dremel. i made it out of a piece of 1/8" aluminum plate that i took from work today. i also pressed in some of my new front end bushings.

P5272216.jpg

P5272217.jpg

P5272218.jpg

Hey, I told ya it was easy!!! :toothy10: I should have charged you $5 for the idea...J/K!!! Looks sweet, I like how your car is comming along, just keep posting pics!! When will you have the wheels and tires on the car? Should look badd ***!

Picture 088.jpg

thanks! you talked me into trying to make it on my own. i probably wont put my wheels on until its ready to hit the road. it sits outside and everything gets so dusty out there. i also still need to switch to bbp in the front. but that will be taken care of when i put my disc brakes on. thanks again.
-aaron-

Man oh man,do I like this thread. I really like the fact that your so motivated and willing to tackle anything.

Your also doing a really nice job!

Thanks for entertaining an old fart,lol...

if you made that heater delete plate with a hack saw and dremel ,,let me know when you fab up your own body panels looks great,,

im looking forward to learning how to weld in my new floors. but im not looking forward to making lower quarter panel patches. who knows though. i found that making this heater plate was actually kind of relaxing. i just got the radio going and didnt rush. before i knew it 2 hours had passed and i was done haha. it was much better than sitting in rush hour traffic all the way home.

hey guys, well i only got to work on the car sunday this week. i felt bad that i was spending so much time on the car, so saturday i took my girl to the boardwalk. we took a train down from felton. it was a nice relaxing day. once we got to the boardwalk we ate, walked around and rode some rollercoasters. it ended up being a beautiful day and we had a good time.

P5302223.jpg

P5302230.jpg

P5302234.jpg

P5302240.jpg

P5302242.jpg

P5302255.jpg

P5302256.jpg

P5302257.jpg

P5302258.jpg

P5302259.jpg

here are some pics of the wiring i got done today. i spent alot of time under the dash routing everything, its taking long because i am really picky and want everything to look good. i am heat shrinking everything and using factory style connectors wherever i can. also put my fuel line together. im just waiting on one fitting to hook it up to the pump. i know its overkill but i think it looks good, and i like it.

P5302260.jpg

P5312261.jpg

P5312263.jpg

P5312264.jpg

P5312265.jpg

All work (although yours is great) and no play makes Jack a dull boy so it`s good to take time to enjoy yourself. The train ride looks like a most enjoyable way to get where you`re going.

Yes heat shrink takes time. I solder every connection because I hate those plastic sleeved crimp fittings.They always work thier way loose somehow. Then I heat shrink and bundle/route the wires. I use zap straps for securing them. Then I make sure everything works and heat shrink all the connections. Then I tape everything. It takes me a couple days just to do an electronic ign,but i take lots of coffee breaks too! The other week I tried to go for 5 solid hours and ended up tripping and staggering everywhere after 4. Lesson learned.

One thing I found out is a new harness can make a world of difference in how a car performs!

Especially when the old one is cooked...

I really wish I could be there for the fire up! ;)

i know i have been spending alot of time on the car but its hard not to now that i can see the light at the end of the tunnel. and maybe im a little obsessed with it. anyone who wants to be there when im ready to fire it up is more than welcome to come by and help out. im going to need all the help i can get.

i know i have been spending alot of time on the car but its hard not to now that i can see the light at the end of the tunnel. and maybe im a little obsessed with it. anyone who wants to be there when im ready to fire it up is more than welcome to come by and help out. im going to need all the help i can get.

Buddy,I wish I could be there! But Im in southern B.C,a long way off.

Good to see your taking care of your girl too! She looks very happy. Taking a break is good for the soul. Yesterday I hauled the family off to the local water park . I just sat in a lawn chair and watched,but hey,it was still fun watching kids (and unsuspecting adults) get drenched!

The good news is the cop car is in the home stretch. One more wiring connection to solder,a couple more fuel line clamps and a new tranny pan gasket and she's outta here!

I'll help however I can,but it'll have to be from here ,lol!

Great Lil' wagon! I love the story so far. It's always nice to see other people interested in a wagon. I have a 64' Dart Wagon w/ a 318 and a 61' Corvair "Lakewood" wagon w/ a 140HP, 4 carb, sypder motor. Keep up the good work and trust me, people at your local hot spot will walk right pass a $40,000 streetrod to glance at a cool wagon! PM me if you get a chance, I'd like to share some info!

Thanks..you know,it's been a really good week actually. I made a new friend by being a good samaratin. Crazy biker guy kept cruising by and so I started nodding and giving a waive here and there.About 9 p.m a couple nights ago he came knocking,lookin for help to repair his shovelhead. We got him going and now we are friends! Guy has a crazy ZZTop beard,real long hair,mucho tats and a great sense of humour. Im glad I helped him out!

Now he waives at my 4 year old son when he cruises by!

well i got some work done today. my relays came in for my headlights. i started hooking them up, but ran out of daylight, and wire. i made a plate to mount them on. i still need to come up with something to space it off the radiator support. for now i just put some grommets between it so that i could mount everything and get my wire lengths. i could have just mounted directly to the sheetmetal but i think this looks better. plus i kinda like making things out of this alluminum. i also made a bracket to hold my fuel line. i wanted to see what you guys think of the headlights i bought. how do you think they look? at first i didnt think they looked right, they almost look too nice for the car.

P6032269.jpg

P6032270.jpg

P6032271.jpg

P6032272.jpg

P6032274.jpg

P6032275.jpg

P6032276.jpg

P6032277.jpg

P6032273.jpg

hey if u got a spare c pillar plastic cover ill buy it off u also the metal clip for the back seat that holds it from folding forward

sorry, i dont really have any extra parts. i do have a melted wiring harness and a bent rear bumper. oh and 4 13 inch wheels. you can have all that for the low price of free! hehe. i will keep an eye out for parts this weekend at the ohlone car show.

Let me dig thru my boxes. Is the c-pilar piece the same as a 64' Dodge wagon? If you find the metal clip for the back seat find two! My daughter is tired of getting folded in the seat whenever I hit the brakes! HEHE

i only have the seat latch that is on my car. it shouldnt be too hard to make something though so your kid doesnt get crushed when you stop. hehe. i can take some close up pictures of mine if you want.

your bracket looks good,, whos head lites are they ?? i like them,, and did you buy a kit for the relays ?? or just buy the parts seperate and put them together ??

thanks. the headlights are from zoop? i believe. i ordered them from summit and they come with bulbs. i also ordered the individual parts through summit, but if i was to do it again i would go through http://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html
because i couldnt find headlight plugs anywhere else that accept 12 gauge wire. luckily steve (redfastback) has some and i am going to see him tomorrow, this will let me finish my headlights.

well i took the day off yesterday to relax and work on the car. it was kind of a rough week at work and i needed some time away. i mounted my votage regulator under the battery tray to hide it. i also ran a bunch of grounds under there so that my headlights and other misc. things will have better grounds than the original chassis. im happy with the outcome, they are pretty much out of view. i also wired up the tail lights and cleaned up the trunk area. its nice that more parts are bolted on the car rather than sitting in the back of the car. today i got alot of the wiring done under the dash. headlight switch, gauges, and stuff like that. it just takes forever. since im soldering and heat shrinking everything, well that and trying to figure out where all the wires go, especially on the back of the gauge cluster. i didnt get any pictures from today though. forgot my camera, but i should be able to get pictures tomorrow. well i hope you like what you see.
-aaron-

P6052275.jpg

P6052276.jpg

P6052277.jpg

P6052278.jpg

P6052279.jpg

well it doesnt look like much, but there are no wires hanging out from under the dash which is a huge improvement. i also got the gauges back in, and all my other gauges wired up. today after work i hooked the last part of my fuel line. i know its overkill, but it looks cool. and i also hooked up the rest of my transmission oil cooler lines. my goal is to fire it up this weekend.

P6072283.jpg

P6082284.jpg

P6082285.jpg

P6082286.jpg

P6082287.jpg

P6082288.jpg

oh and one more thing. this should help anyone doing the ez wiring harness that wants to keep their stock ignition switch. i talk to their tech line today about how to hook up the wires since they didnt show a start wire, only a run. they told me to take the brown wire labled ign switch ign and the pink wire labled ign switch coil and land them on the ign 1 terminal of the switch. then run a jumper from the ign 1 terminal to the ign 2 terminal. now i still dont know if this works, but it makes sense. its basically the same as tying the wires together at the ballast when you get rid of the ballast. hopefully this helps someone that gets in the position i was in. the first picture is how i originally wired my switch, which was not correct. the other pictures are how they told me to wire it.

P6072282.jpg

P6082290.jpg

P6082291.jpg

P6082292.jpg

-
Back