1963 Valiant V200 Wagon

-
well i got some lights working today. im glad i got them to work and if anyone ever has a question on how to wire their headlight switch with and ez wiring harness, just let me know. its pretty cool to see things light up considering the harness was toast when i got the car. oh and both headlights are the same brightness. one looks brighter in the picture, but it must have been the angle i took it from.

P6152296.jpg

P6152298.jpg

P6152301.jpg

P6152303.jpg

P6152305.jpg

very kool congrats,,,, let me know if you think the head lites are as brite or birghter then the orignals,,,

I think Aaron said the tach was a Moon? New one I think .I really dig the vintage look. It fits right in!

Once again this thread has motivated me! Now if I can just get my legs under me...

i think the moon tach is made my auto meter or stewart warner,,,if its an auto meter,,it can be repaired stewart warner,, ide throw it in the junk,,,

most tachs come set up for 8 cylinders,,with instructions to clip the proper wires for 4 and 6 cylinders,,

i think the moon tach is made my auto meter or stewart warner,,,if its an auto meter,,it can be repaired stewart warner,, ide throw it in the junk,,,

most tachs come set up for 8 cylinders,,with instructions to clip the proper wires for 4 and 6 cylinders,,

I have a SW tach in the cop car. So far so good except for a faulty ground which you guys helped diagnose. But for the price I would throw it out if it quit for sure!

yeah it is a new tach. i bought it from socal speedshop at a show. so i dont have a reciept or anything. it has a switch on the back for 4, 6, or 8 cylinder. i have it in the 6 cylinder mode. somethings goofy with it. it will read 0, then 5,000 then it will read close to accurate, around 1000. im going to call them tomorrow and see what they say. damn made in taiwan garbage. i guess thats what i get for wanting a moon eguipped gauge. i should have known its all asian knockoff crap. ok i feel a little better now.

well i started tearing the front end off to rebuild it and do my disc brake swap. she faught me but i won. not bad for a couple hours after work today. every little bit i can get done helps. i need to get her done by july 11th.

P6162306.jpg

P6162307.jpg

P6162308.jpg

My first time viewing this thread. Nice work! Congrats on staying committed and getting her going!

I was about to chew you a new one but then I saw the jackstand in the second pic,lol

Safety first!!

My cop car will be going today or tomorrow btw.Just gotta get the rear tires swapped out and it's done.

Then I have to go pull my 400/727. That should take me a while...

Im thinking that your tach problem sounds very similar to what mine was doing. Try running a separate ground and make sure its clean and solid.

i won! ive never had this much trouble getting an a arm off. but this is the oldest mopar ive had also. other than cutting my a arm off all i did was scrap undercoating off and fix my tail light socket that was broken. sunday i am going to sandblast and por-15 everything so i can start re assembly. i wont be able to get much done until then because i am spending saturday with my girl.

P6172309.jpg

P6172310.jpg

P6172311.jpg

P6172312.jpg

u may have a bad connection on one of the tach wires,,,watch where u put that por 15 its thick,,and almost impossible to get off,,your parts may mnot fit if you get it in the wrong places,,,

wow man coming along im liking it i canty wait to get my roof rack ur gonna need to give me dimentions for it lol if u would keep on truckin

heres some progress from today. i did alot of sandblasting, cleaning, and painting. not the most fun, but it needed to be done. it turned out, the surface rust on the frame rails and inner fenders came right off and the metal underneath looked very good. once the rest of my suspension parts come in i can put it back together. i went to vic hubbard midnight madness sale the other day and got most of my stuff. new rotors, calipers, master cylinder, bearings, seals, and hoses. but i had to order upper control arm bolts and spindle nut and washer hardware, oh and the tierod adjusting sleeves. its all the little things that you dont think of that add up. before you know it you spent another 500 bucks. but at least its almost to a point where i can drive it.

P6212314.jpg

P6212315.jpg

P6212316.jpg

P6212317.jpg

P6212318.jpg

P6212319.jpg

P6212320.jpg

P6212321.jpg

Very cool! Me like plain black steelies on a hot rod. it's the look Im going with. I kept the 15x7 cop steelies and poverty caps from the cop car and I'll use em on the Dart. Just have to switch to BBP now.

well i went to the dmv today. they are giving me hell since i dont have any paperwork on the car. they want me to fill out some forms, including a bunch of the sellers information. plus bring the car down to inspect the vin. so im going to have to get a truck and trailer in order just so i can take it down there. the funny part is the car is about 4 houses away from the dmv. what a bunch of crap.

Aaron, they should give you a temp license to drive it down for the inspection, when you are ready . If they want to see it before then give me a call and I can come by with my trailer and help you out . Love all the hard work you have put in .

Steve Dameron
510-785-1595

Typical govt.Have thier heads so far up thier asses they cant see daylight.

I had issues also with my 66 Dart that I had shipped up here from Alabama.I had every piece of paperwork and some noterized by a judge(crest)The lady at the DMV wouldn,t accept it,I was haveing a panic attack!So I decided to go to the next city close by.Well they made 1 phone call and everything was a go.In Alabama,a bill of sale or a titl is recognized as registration.Thank god,it,s on the road now.Keep up the good work!I,m having flash backs,cause I also have done everything that your doing now!Full steam ahead!!

thanks steve. have you been getting to work on the barracuda at all?

Well, if you call putting new k&n breathers and cleaning the k&n air filter working on it......:-D

Someday......maybe I can restore it!!!!:toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

hey guys. well i didnt get much done today. it was too freaking hot and nothing was going right. i put my new master cylinder on, and when i went to put my new adjustable push rod on, it was too long. so i had to cut that down and re thread it. then the hold down bolts on my battery strap were too long. so i cut and re threaded them. then i started to sandblast my lower control arms. but the gun or hose kept clogging, so i said the hell with it. they are clean enough i will just por-15 over the little rust left on them. i rolled a front wheel under it though just to see what it will look like. i think it looks pretty cool. then after that i went over to my dads and spent the rest of the day pressing the lower bushings out of the control arms and just hanging out with him pretty much. i dont know if it was just the weather or if i got a little burnt out since i have been working on the car so much, but i just wasnt feeling it today. luckily, no matter what the weather i have my boys by my side to keep me company. hehe.

P6282322.jpg

P6282323.jpg

P6282324.jpg

P6282325.jpg

P6282326.jpg

P6282327.jpg

P6282328.jpg

P6282329.jpg

P6282331.jpg

Looks good Aaron! If frustration sets in, you gotta walk away. Good work won't get done with that in the way. When you feel it again, go at it.

-
Back