1963 Valiant V200 Wagon

-
You`ve got to balance your work and play, and a little help from your dad and the dogs never hurts. I got my dog to change out the starter for me the other day.

IM000111b.jpg

You`ve got to balance your work and play, and a little help from your dad and the dogs never hurts. I got my dog to change out the starter for me the other day.

You might want to tell him to go wash up. He got oil spashed all over him,lol!!!

I wouldnt be suprised if you are a bit burned up. You have made amazing progress in a very short period of time!! Coupled with work that adds up.

Take the girlfriend fopr nice nice picnick lunch somewhere with a anice park. The greenery will help you unwind!

Take it easy bud.

Step back for awhile and admire the great work you´ve been doing lately.
And I´m sure of, that the feeling will come back. :)

thanks guys. my dad kinda snapped at me today about spending too much time with the car. basically my girls family is going to their vacation house and i said i was going to stay home to work on my car. he said **** the car it will be there next week. which is probably why he has 8 cars that have been in the same state of decay forever. he also told me i am gonig to drive everyone crazy with this car, including my girlfriend. and my girlfriends mom told her that i am ignoring her and spending too much time with the car, even though she keeps signing me up for carshows in july and keeps asking when it will be done. i dont see how me working on my car drives others crazy. unless asking my dad for help drives him crazy. so i talked to my girlfriend tonight to see how she feels, and told her i will go out of town this weekend if she wants me to. she said she doesnt mind me working on the car because its what i enjoy doing. part of me wants to go out of town. but her parents drive me crazy sometimes. and i know when i went up there this time last year it was more stressful than relaxing. so i dont know what to do. i know i spend alot of time with my car. its definitly an addiction, but i didnt know i was bugging everyone else with it. what gives. am i in the wrong?

no. It wouldn't hurt to go, but not doing it could build resentment that could be eventually directed towards her.
I usually spend daylight hours on my projects, but when the wife comes home; that time is hers.

maybe your dad is looking out for you in his own way,,,but maybe he forgets what it is like to have the burning desire to build that car his self,,,and your girl sounds like a keeper,,do some thing nice with her,,,as for her family,,,thats nothing unusuall,,,you have come a long way very quick,, keep up the good work and your drive,,, it only slows down as you get older,,,

Well, I have been there. Last year I lost a girl to my car. At first I was bummed, but now I found a better one that understands me and my car addiction much more!!

Trust me Aaron, she IS a keeper, a real cool chic. Just keep her happy. She knows that you enjoy building this and soon it will be something that both of you enjoy. Dad's, well...maybe he is jealous? Either way, don't let it bug ya. Just get it going enough to get it outta there.

Aaron,she sounds something like my wife,who is very understanding of my hobbies. But I also do my best to keep her happy. I also have to divy up time to her Mom,my kids,her sister and family,my friends,work etc etc.

It's about balance I guess. Maybe what she wants is for you to be happy and can see how much this car means to you. Good women are rare and she is a treasure.

When spending time with her make it all about her.Dont talk about the wagon unless she brings it up.

hey guys. well that was an interisting weekend. it reminded me of why i was hesitant to go in the first place. but i got some work done on the wagon today. i fabed up some brake lines. they kind of look like spaghetti, but there wasnt much room to work with and i didnt want to mount the proportioning valve low, since there was less room down there. im also going to make a bracket that comes off on of the master cylinder bolts that holds the valve. i just need to make one more connection and then i can pull the master cylinder back off and bench bleed it and then re-install it for the last time. the only other thing im waiting on are my new strut rods. i keep calling mancini to check on them, but they wont call me back. im a little dissapointed with them at the moment.

P7072344.jpg

P7072345.jpg

P7072346.jpg

P7072347.jpg

P7072348.jpg

P7072349.jpg

P7072350.jpg

looks good,,,look around manicini doesnt seem to be stocking any thing lately,, im sure there are other places to get strut rods,,,check frim feel

Good to hear from you again!

Looks like you survived the weekend with your girls parents,lol!

Maybe they are testing you to see if you will stick around. I know my older brother is like that. His 18 year old daughter is a knockout and her boyfriend knows to not even bother him...

I`ve scrubbed and scrubbed and just can`t get those old spots out. :-D

He needs a jug of that green powdery stuff called worx. Takes all my spots right out,lol!!

Or soak him in bleach...

check out what came from summit yesterday. i ended up ordering it at their store last week while i was in nevada. i ended up getting 20 bucks off, plus no tax and no shipping charges. retail was 184, so i got it for 164 out the door. the best part though, is that i paid for it with the 163 dollars i won in reno on a quarter slot machine. i put in a 20 and a few tries later won 163 bucks. so the valve cover didnt cost much at all.

P7102225.jpg

Hey thats a beautiful piece Arron!!! It will spiffy the engine bay right up.

You got me wondering if offy makes big block valve covers for mopars!

He needs a jug of that green powdery stuff called worx. Takes all my spots right out,lol!!

Or soak him in bleach...

I`ve tried everything, it`s almost as if they`re part of him! ??? LOL!

check out what came from summit yesterday. i ended up ordering it at their store last week while i was in nevada. i ended up getting 20 bucks off, plus no tax and no shipping charges. retail was 184, so i got it for 164 out the door. the best part though, is that i paid for it with the 163 dollars i won in reno on a quarter slot machine. i put in a 20 and a few tries later won 163 bucks. so the valve cover didnt cost much at all.

Smoking deal for a dollar or 21!

hey guys. i got the front end back together today.... well sort of. i thought i remembered the calipers being towards the back the last time i did one of these disc brake swaps, but i noticed my brake rubber brake lines were too short when i turned the wheel. so i pulled up some pictures of my scamp when i rebuilt the front end and sure enough the calipers are towards the front. so tomorrow i will swap the spindles to the opposite sides. its no a big deal, i just should have looked at some pictures before i started throwing everything together. at least i got to see what it looks like on the ground. i have never run skinny tires in the front. its nice because there is tons of clearance. thats not something you usually run into on these cars. well i hope you enjoy the pictures.

P7122228.jpg

P7122229.jpg

P7122230.jpg

P7122231.jpg

P7122232.jpg

P7122233.jpg

P7122234.jpg

P7122235.jpg

P7122236.jpg

i dont know if she will spin the cheater slicks i have. (they are 28" tall) i may have to throw on a set of skinnys in the back to fry.

looking great,,,,best 20 dollar valve cover ive ever seen,,,,, what size bore master did you go with ??

Cmon brother,have faith! Of course that monster six will spin em!!!

well it would be shinier side up. my cars are always like this. everythings mechanical is new, but i never get around to the bodywork. this one will be different though. hey bayyumif you look back a few pages i have shots of the engine compartment. is there anything in particular you need to see. i can take a pic if so. and dont worry needsaresto. im sure there will be plenty of video of me beating on this thing.

-
Back