1963 Valiant V200 Wagon

-
well i have still been going to my girlfriends parents everyday to work on my car after work. i just havent been taking alot of pictures, its mostly been taking care of some loose ends. putting a new gasket on the rear end and filling it, and fixing leaks here and there. but i did make this bracket yesterday. it mounts to one of my master cylinder bolts and holds my proportioning valve. nothing too fancy. just a simple piece to get the job done. making all of these little brackets has been suprisingly fun though.

P7152238.jpg

Did you drop your camera,lol?

Thats what I did yesterday. Looks like I need to get another.Still works but probably not for long...

I actually managed to put mine back together. And no cracks! I guess plastic is good for some things after all.

hey guys, well today is 1 year that i have had the wagon. i took care of a bunch of little loose ends today, i spent most of the day bleeding the brakes. i also changed out my rear bumper. i learned that even though valiant wagons and sedans use the same rear bumper, the brackets are different. i think one of my brackets is a little tweaked to its pulling the bumper down on one side, but it still looks a whole lot better than the old one did.

P7182239.jpg

P7182243.jpg

P7182242.jpg

Dude,you've made amazing progress in such a short time! I've had my Dart since 92 and almost nothing has happened until recently. Life just sort of happens that way I guess. I have found this thread VERY INSPIRATIONAL,so thanks for doing what you do!

Even though we have completely different themes and vehicles,we are both using a do it yourself attitude. Thats what hotrodding is all about IMHO.

Are you going to paint it eventually or keep the rat rod look? I dig rat rod,but theres no way it'll work for mine. WAAAY to much bodywork needed,lol. Oh well at least the frame,floors and roof are solid.

I did snap some shots of my destroyed shed yesterday,by the way! Once the gentleman who's building it starts I'll post an interesting thread.

hey guys, well today is 1 year that i have had the wagon. i took care of a bunch of little loose ends today, i spent most of the day bleeding the brakes. i also changed out my rear bumper. i learned that even though valiant wagons and sedans use the same rear bumper, the brackets are different. i think one of my brackets is a little tweaked to its pulling the bumper down on one side, but it still looks a whole lot better than the old one did.

Is that the bumper that you got from me? On the wagons I thought the wrap around part was shorter.

check out what came from summit yesterday. i ended up ordering it at their store last week while i was in nevada. i ended up getting 20 bucks off, plus no tax and no shipping charges. retail was 184, so i got it for 164 out the door. the best part though, is that i paid for it with the 163 dollars i won in reno on a quarter slot machine. i put in a 20 and a few tries later won 163 bucks. so the valve cover didnt cost much at all.

Love The Valve Cover...!

hey 64dartwagon. this is a different bumper. i still have the one i got from you in the garage. i can double check the side lengths but everything seemed to fit alright. and fstsish66, i just went to the parts store and asked for a master cylinder for an 85 chrysler 5th ave. AR engineering recomended it because its a factory alluminum piece, but the brand new one i bought was steel.

hey 64dartwagon. this is a different bumper. i still have the one i got from you in the garage. i can double check the side lengths but everything seemed to fit alright. and fstsish66, i just went to the parts store and asked for a master cylinder for an 85 chrysler 5th ave. AR engineering recomended it because its a factory alluminum piece, but the brand new one i bought was steel.

ok i was just wondering if you gto it thru mopar performance,, or a parts store,,

hey guys. well after calling around about windshields, and everyone telling me it would cost $360.00 for a new windshield and installation. (not even including a new gasket) and they wouldnt come to my house to do it because they need a "controlled envirornment". i said screw it. i went to the junk yard, pulled a windshield out of a 65 valiant and my girlfriends dad and i installed it today. it cost me 60 bucks for the windshield. its pretty nice, just a little fogging at the bottom. but i can live with it since it will just need to be pulled again whenever i do the bodywork and paint it. this one will get me on the road. i also put on my new steering wheel. which is a good thing since the old one was about to fall off. i thought they had to be pulled off, but when i pulled the horn button, i saw that the nut was loose that held the wheel on. i spun it off and gave the wheel a tug and off it came. that sure was easy.

P7252253.jpg

P7252259.jpg

P7252254.jpg

P7252256.jpg

P7252258.jpg

Right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One step closer bud.

I bet you really appreciated an easy task like that steering wheel.

I hear you about expensive stuff. I just spent $1400 basically rebuilding the AC system in my Caravan. What are ya gonna do though? Either fix it or buy another vehicle.

well i got my rear tires on for good today. next week i should finally be able to get a good side shot of the car when i take it to the police department for a vin inspection. i also put my new dipstick in thanks to 65dartman for pulling the one out of his barracuda. the only other thing i did today was adjust the pushbutton cable and reinstall the transmission pan. i had a leak somewhere, i think it was from where the cable went in the transmission. i ended up putting two o rings on the part that slides in, made a snug fit that way. even though the other o-ring was new i dont think it was sealing. hopefully this work. its kind of a pain in the *** pulling the pan to drain all the oil.

P7263880.jpg

P7263881.jpg

P7263884.jpg

P7263883.jpg

I dont know if you said this but who makes that master cylinder for the brakes? Awesome car!

good job on the windshield,,love that steering wheel,, i didnt know you could just order a radio delete plate ??

I just got caught up on your build slantscamp, You are doing a great job on your wagon:cheers:, and i am getting some good info here.
Congrat's on the free valve cover and I am seeing ALLOT of work and enjoyment going on here.:-D
Your front end and brake job all the way to your master cylinder has me looking at how to go on Victoria when the time come.8)
You have been staying busy and doing a great job
Thank you for keeping us updated :cheers:

its a parts store master cylinder for an 85 chrysler 5th ave.

Looks like it will help lose some weight and create some space as well. I may need to convert to that myself depending on clearances.

well the wagon is coming up in the world. i went by my girls parents house today and her dad had pushed it in the garage. tomorrow we are going to put it on the trailer, and friday it is going to the police station for a vin inspection. then i can turn in my application for title and registration at the dmv. today was pretty exciting for me. i fired it up again. we got it running better. actually idling now. then i checked all the gears. it shifted into all the gears fine. thats the closest ive been to driving the wagon. boy does it sound good with open headers though. i will try to take a video of it tomorrow when i put it on the trailer.

P7293886.jpg

-
Back