1963 Valiant V200 Wagon

-
Nawww, it won't be THAT easy. :angry7: DMV will probably come back at you with 21 years of accumulated fines for not properly registering the change of ownership on the car back in '88. :thebirdm:

I've seen this movie.

It was at this time that I conveniently "lost" the paperwork and started over by going with the bonded title process.

Thats the kind of thing that makes some poor bastard go off the deep end and walk in the next day with a shotgun...

Thats the kind of thing that makes some poor bastard go off the deep end and walk in the next day with a shotgun...

no joke! I had the cops show up for getting 'blegerant' (spelling?) with the guy behind the counter. I may have been in my grumpy voice but there was n no reason to call the cops.

hey guys. well today i met up with the last registered owner of the wagon. he turned out to be a real cool guy. we ended up talking cars for about an hour and i brought pictures of the wagon. so i got his signature and stuff that i needed for my paperwork. then i drove 50 miles back to hayward to go to the dmv. i got their with 5 minutes to spare before they closed. i sat in line for about 20 minutes and luckily got a car guy to help me out. we ended up talking cars. he said i just need the owners wifes signature. ( which i will have my girl take care of) and i will get my plates and tags. i already paid, the fees were 189.00 not too bad. and he gave me a temperary sticker. he said this way i could go cruise it. now why cant all the people at the dmv be like this. while i was waiting in line i kept finding myself play all the scenerios in my head about how my 5th trip to the dmv was gonna go. this had me so stressed out. but im glad to say i think its finally over. im suprised no one goes in and shoots up the place.

oh and i really want to go take it out right now. but i dont like taking cars out by myself that i just finished. just in case i need to push it. and it has open exhaust, and the cops around here can be jerks.

oh and i really want to go take it out right now. but i dont like taking cars out by myself that i just finished. just in case i need to push it. and it has open exhaust, and the cops around here can be jerks.

Definitely get the exhaust done!! No cop likes open pipes. They can get you from several angles there.Git er dun asap!!

well i have a doctors appointment friday, so i took the day off anyway. maybe i can run down in the morning and drop it off. then i just need an alignment.

thank god for glasspacks and bailing wire!:toothy10:

eh, the shop is only a about two miles from the house. im just gonna drive it there with the open headers.

all that work before you had a title ??wooow that could of been a mes if the previous owner would of said i want that car back,,,,how did you come to getting a car wit hno title?? here in PA,,would be probably impossible to get a car like that regestered,,

A buddy of mine completely restored a Dodge Demon 340 car and spent ab out $15 000 in the process.

NO TITLE!!! He was lucky though. Was able to get it registered afer several months of games jumping through various hoops with the local DMV.

hey fstfish66. i bought the car from steve (redfastback). i knew him and trusted him. i was a little worried about the previous owner when i called him. but i didnt tell him much about the car until i talked to him for a bit. he was a very nice guy that has a 51 pontiac now. i just figured if the guy wanted to be a jerk, i knew where the car was and he doesnt. if i couldnt register it i told my girl we will just buy a car with a title and put all my new parts on that, and i know a few people that could use station wagon parts hehe. but luckily that wasnt the outcome. and today i took it for a spin down to the gas station with open headers. it was fun to see the look on people faces. everyone looked at me but no one said anything. here are a few pictures. first time back on the road in 20 years.

P8063930.jpg

P8063932.jpg

Awesome Aaron!! Glad to see the car is back to where it belongs...on the road. I bet all that work felt like it did pay off being able to drive the car and enjoying the work that was done. Looks good.

Oh man ,you have no idea how much I wish I could be there and share this experience with you. I can just imagin the huge grin you had driving it for the first time. Remember a few pages back you couldnt quite descrbe the feeling you were getting from restoring the wagon? What do you say now bud???

It's awesome getting an old car back on it's feet. Never mind those yuppies in thier Prius's.Just be confident that there's more metal in the front bumper of your wagon than thier entire car,lol!!! After you punt a few out of the way they'll leave you alone....

Good job Aaron! Make sure you take that lovely lady for lots of cruises...

I know that when I hear my Dart fire up for the first time in oh,I dunno I guess it would be 15 years Im gonna pee myself,lol...

Car is looking great !:toothy10:
Must be nice to get to the point where you can start to enjoy driving it !

thanks guys. i drove it down to the muffler shop this morning. i felt a little bad starting it up at 7:30 this morning. i will have to appoligize to the neigbors when i see them later. i made it to the shop with no problems though and the allignment didnt seem too bad. im deffinitly going to cruise it around town today when i get it back from the shop.

Vengeance is mine! Joyce just received the 15% off coupon (good for the new 9 days) and guess what, my preemptive strike (with the two new wallets) is now blown to hell! Again ... THANKS!!! ;)

Vengeance is mine! Joyce just received the 15% off coupon (good for the new 9 days) and guess what, my preemptive strike (with the two new wallets) is now blown to hell! Again ... THANKS!!! ;)

Now thats just low,lol....

Aaron a great piece of mind addition would be an alarm system with ign kill.

Call me paranoid if you want,but I think it's a wise investment bud.

Now thats just low,lol....

Aaron a great piece of mind addition would be an alarm system with ign kill.

Call me paranoid if you want,but I think it's a wise investment bud.

This is sound advice for all of our cars (no matter what the thieves/joy-riders intentions are).

heres a pic of the car at the muffler shop. i dont have any others because my camera battery died after taking this. it sure is quiet with the mufflers on, but he put the cutouts in for me so when i feel like being noisy i can. i will try to get some shots of the exhaust today. im also going to try to get the front end alligned.

P8073936.jpg

-
Back