1963 Valiant V200 Wagon

-
hey guys. i got the wagon alligned today. they left it way up in the air where i had it. he said they had to lower it a little to get it in spec and everything. i figured they were going to put it at stock ride height but i guess not. what do you guys think of the stance. i want the old drag car look. let me know what you think. i can drop the back about an inch with my adjustable spring hangers but i want to stay away from rubbing issues. i also added some shots of my exhaust system. i put 14 miles on the car today just cruising it around. now i just need to get it running better.

P8083945.jpg

P8083946.jpg

P8083947.jpg

P8083948.jpg

P8083949.jpg

P8083950.jpg

P8083951.jpg

Sweet!!! like the stance and the new exhaust. now we just need a sound clip with the exhaust and with the cutouts opened up.

Sweet!!! like the stance and the new exhaust. now we just need a sound clip with the exhaust and with the cutouts opened up.

I love it Bud!!! Maybe drop the back another inch,thats all I would do.

I bet your real glad to have the exhaust professionally done. All that crawling around on your back installing exhaust is no fun,no way nohow will I do exhaust anymore. Way to hard on me and I tend to fall asleep when in the horizontal position,lol....

Im real happy for you Bud. Cruise and enjoy. Make sure you take it everywhere.....It's what memories are made of.

I like the look and the stance. Takes Me back to when all the hot cars running around had that up in the air and ready to pounce stance. This is one of My favorite threads, keep up the good work !:-D

It looks good,
Your best off if you keep it level for the street.
Your headlights will have a better range.
Your shocks should work better.
Steering should be easier also.

If you want it lower, I would lower it all around.

The car looks cool. What tire brand do you have up front? Glad to see the right person picked up that wagon and did something good to it. My wife and I were really close to buying that car and had talked with Steve about buying it but in the end I resisted. Keep up the good work and enjoy it. Jayson

thanks guys. i like the stance too. i may drop the back a little to see what it looks like. its easy enough to change back. the front tires are coker 5.60-15 bias ply for that old school look. and the rears are 28" tall cheater slicks by hurts tire out of oregon.

Looks great, and doing all of the work on it yourself makes you part of a very few young guns that know a thing about the car they`re driving. Nice work!

Looks great, and doing all of the work on it yourself makes you part of a very few young guns that know a thing about the car they`re driving. Nice work!

what about me! J/K

In my opinion height doesent matter as much when you have the right stace and wheel/tire combo to fit the personality of the car......and you nailed it! dont change a thing!

STANCE LOOKS GREAT,,,now that you have had the front end done i wouldnt mess with it,, or you wil be back at the front end shop,,,,im sure your getting a lot of loooks,,i cant imagine even in calif that there are a lot of A BODY WAGONS floating around

Very cool car. I have one like it, same year and color but it is a V-100, in my garage. might have to post a pic on here as it has and still needs to go through some cosmetic changes. Rob

oh it gets looks alright. the younger people (my age) dont understand it. you know because its not a camaro or mustang. but some of the older people smile. it gets more looks with the exhaust cutouts open though hehe.

oh it gets looks alright. the younger people (my age) dont understand it. you know because its not a camaro or mustang. but some of the older people smile. it gets more looks with the exhaust cutouts open though hehe.

Man I love this thing.... as one of those young people I gotta say this is to cool! As soon as I saw those rear tires I knew it was gunna be good, haha.

hey guys. well i installed my new tach today. this one works. and i installed a heat shield for the carb and also changed my main jets from 49's to 53's. i also picked up the secondary spring quick change kit and springs. but i forgot them at home so i didnt get to install that. it still needs some work but the jets did help with surging on the freeway.

P8173965.jpg

P8173968.jpg

P8173967.jpg

i was, but i have been having some problems with my headers blowing gaskets at the collectors. saturday morning on the freeway, one header blew out a gasket, and on the way home from my dads, the other one blew out. so i was back to open exhaust. i was pretty pissed. i took it back to the muffler shop today, they put in new gaskets. but i may have to take it to someone else if that doesnt fix it.

My wife just seen your motor for the first time and said it was pretty
I hope you get the exhaust worked out, I am digging your wagon slantscamp.
I sure do want to thank you for this great thread :cheers:

Look into a flowmaster ball and socket collector.I have a kit in the shop.It's a great solution as it's the same head pipe manifods style connection mopar always used.Simply cut off the regular collector flanges and weld the ball and socket in.It allows for more adjustability in the angle the pipes meet at. You may be blowing out gaskets due to a severe or crappy angle at the gasket.Or just plain crap gaskets.

What gaskets are you using? If they are the cheap white Mr. Gasket ones, they will continue to blow. Try the Remflex ones.

thats what i figured i would do. i went to vic hubbards yesterday and saw that they have them on the wall. if the remflex's dont work i will change to the other setup i think. thanks guys.

-
Back