1964 Dart center link ????????

-
Reaction score
I may have screwed up when I remove the center link from the pitman and idler arm I didn't mark it right or left. Is there a difference???????

Thanks Moe

I am watching intently since I currently have the link off my 64 Valiant 225. I still have the tie rod ends on, so I can tell L & R. I'll mark mine to be safe.

I expect it can only go on one way since the holes for the Pitmann and idler arms are tapered. I'll think more when I get home and maybe post a photo.

Most of the ones that I have worked on have a drop and offset. The offset goes to the rear away from the oil pan.

this I believe is the right orientation sitting in the drivers seat.

Moe

Attachments

• right way.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 003.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 121
Sorry for being late with the photos I promised. FABO wasn't responding last night. This shows the linkage on my 64 Valiant. I haven't yet removed the Pitmann or idler arms, so that will orient you. I checked my 65 Dart and its linkage is connected the same. I removed everything, but recall making careful drawings. Of course both could be wrong the same way. I found many things installed wrong on the Valiant, like the recent drum brake job. Your photos look the same as mine (tie rod nuts angle down).

Attachments

• IMG_1901.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1898.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_1899.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 99
Sorry for being late with the photos I promised. FABO wasn't responding last night. This shows the linkage on my 64 Valiant. I haven't yet removed the Pitmann or idler arms, so that will orient you. I checked my 65 Dart and its linkage is connected the same. I removed everything, but recall making careful drawings. Of course both could be wrong the same way. I found many things installed wrong on the Valiant, like the recent drum brake job. Your photos look the same as mine (tie rod nuts angle down).

Well Bill if yours is wrong mines wrong the same way so I think we are right!!!!! LOL
Thanks for the pics Moe

-
Back