1964 Valiant Conv. Seats

-

teds300

Reaction score
I need to move the drivers side seat to the rear due to one of the drivers not fitting (long legs, big belly). :banghead:
Question is: How big a job is this? It looks like the floor is flat enough further back but is it as easy as re-drilling the track holes and remounting the tracks further back? Any pitfalls lurking out there?

I need to move the drivers side seat to the rear due to one of the drivers not fitting (long legs, big belly). :banghead:
Question is: How big a job is this? It looks like the floor is flat enough further back but is it as easy as re-drilling the track holes and remounting the tracks further back? Any pitfalls lurking out there?

it's not really that easy but it's close. on top of the floorboard there are reinforcement plates on the front bolts ,underneath the car there are some reinforcement brackets that the seat is bolted to that's welded to the rocker panel for added support for the front and rear (outer near rocker panel) bolts.

View attachment !!!!!!!!seat brackets.jpg

the top reinforcement plates are easy. 1/8 inch metal bent to for to the trans tunnel curve with a hole drilled to match the new location.
for the underneath brackets either make some new ones to help support the seats or cut and weld the old ones to the new location.

Very helpful. Thanks. Nice to have a better orientation to the underside of the car.

If I'm not mistaken, yours are 2 piece track bottoms/stands. Some square head bolts under there provide adjustments in height and angle. Forward and backward adjustments may be possible there also ( I forget ).

-
Back