1964 Valiant "Get Runnin & Drivin"

-
Lets call it what it is, not an early A rear axle.
Rusty has an A body small bolt rear axle. This axle was the same axle in A bodys from 1963-1972. All these axles have the same 9 bolt cover. So there is no such thing as an early 7.25. Its the same A body rear end from 63-72.

1973-1976 7.25" rear axle had the big bolt pattern, and came on A body's with disc brakes.

1973-1976 A body's also had an 8.25 rear axle. It was used for high performance models, replacing the 8 3/4.

I never said anything about a Dakota. Choose your parts wisely.
Yes, but '73-'76 frt. drum equipped A-bodies were still SBP, & I'm not certain when the carrier design changed...I do have a labor/parts guide, I can check it out when i get back, it should cover the transition from bearing plate to C-lock period...

My 76 Feather Duster was all small bolt pattern, drum brakes.
7.25 rear.

Rusty, did I miss something? I thought you had a Ford rear under your back side!

So, what I have, including a '79 FSM covering F-Bodies... the bearings are still press-on w/a retaining collar & plate system. Only change was the switch to larger axle brgs for the LBP/disc-10" drum equipped A's and F's, using the same as the B-body 7.25's.
Open diff side gears#2404194
Open diff pinion spiders#2404195
Open diff pinion shaft#2404198
Open diff Kit#3780790 includes above + shims & retaining pin.

AMS Obsolete show all the parts not sure on the quantity or price, but they are in Fairmount Georgia. AMS Obsolete Home Page

Part numbers are from 1963 parts manual so some may have changed numbers thru the years.

2070027 Shaft
152229 Pin
2070025 Pinion Gear 2 required.
2070026 Washer 2 required.
2070023 Side Gear 2 required.
2070024 Washer 2 required.

My 76 Feather Duster was all small bolt pattern, drum brakes.
7.25 rear.

Rusty, did I miss something? I thought you had a Ford rear under your back side!
I have a 9" I am working on. Narrowed to a body width, but I am saving up for custom axles. Costly because they have to be 31 spline Ford on the inside and Chrysler small bolt pattern flange on the outside.

Went by to see my buddy @Bighead440 today. He was kind enough to give me a good, low mileage power steering gearbox. So one step closer to power steering for Vixen.

GEARBOX.JPG

So I found a good deal on some really good condition Valiant hub caps. If yall remember, I had the full wheel covers on, but before that, I had the Dodge fratzog hub caps. These are the same but with the Valiant V in the center. I embellished them with a little red paint. lol
VIXEN HUB CAPS.JPG

So I found a good deal on some really good condition Valiant hub caps. If yall remember, I had the full wheel covers on, but before that, I had the Dodge fratzog hub caps. These are the same but with the Valiant V in the center. I embellished them with a little red paint. lol
View attachment 1716219632
I just lost one of these when the guy at the tire shop didn't replace it correctly after fixing a flat and I failed to check his handiwork. A terrible lesson to learn. I don't suppose your source has any more?

I just lost one of these when the guy at the tire shop didn't replace it correctly after fixing a flat and I failed to check his handiwork. A terrible lesson to learn. I don't suppose your source has any more?
I don't know, but I can ask.

I asked and he said those were all that he had. Sending you a PM.

-
Back