1964 Valiant "Get Runnin & Drivin"

-
@moparmandan sent me some new leaf springs for my Edelbrock 1407. These were General Spring 2 1/2" lift. They were too much for Dan, but I like them. I did get some 1" blocks just in case, but so far I am likin it. With the bigger meats on the 14" slots later on, it will look really good.

VALIANTUDE.jpg

VALIANTUDE1.jpg

@moparmandan sent me some new leaf springs for my Edelbrock 1407. These were General Spring 2 1/2" lift. They were too much for Dan, but I like them. I did get some 1" blocks just in case, but so far I am likin it. With the bigger meats on the 14" slots later on, it will look really good.

View attachment 1715308351

View attachment 1715308353

Good deal I'm so glad they're working for you. My son likes them on his car too. Has that little bit of a rake. I was going for more of a flat look on my ride this time.

Last edited:
I have been collecting parts for my 64 Valiant 4 door. Mine runs and drives, also, but has a lot of rust. Engine only has about 6,000 miles on a build/hop up. I have sourced two good arizona fenders, a real nice hood, pass front door, front valance. The big problem is the main body rust, I have never done body work, and need to learn. I have 4 new floor pans, firewall seal kit, and heater core in the trunk

I have been collecting parts for my 64 Valiant 4 door. Mine runs and drives, also, but has a lot of rust. Engine only has about 6,000 miles on a build/hop up. I have sourced two good arizona fenders, a real nice hood, pass front door, front valance. The big problem is the main body rust, I have never done body work, and need to learn. I have 4 new floor pans, firewall seal kit, and heater core in the trunk

Charlie, best I can tell you is, it's not hard to do. It's time consuming. I am good at bodywork, but I HATE it because I am not patient enough. I will work on something for 10 hours for instance and back up and look at it and say "Is that ALL I've gotten done?" lol

Rob, it’s like eating a 6 foot “Dagwood” style hero.

1 bite at a time with no finish date to rush on.

Here is a better shot of the car in the daytime. I think it looks good. With my traction bars and bigger meats and slots, it will have the look I am after. I still MIGHT go with the 1" lowering blocks, because I plan on front and rear sway bars and I would like the little car to handle somewhat better than stock.

VALIANT SPRINGS.jpg

Here is a better shot of the car in the daytime. I think it looks good. With my traction bars and bigger meats and slots, it will have the look I am after. I still MIGHT go with the 1" lowering blocks, because I plan on front and rear sway bars and I would like the little car to handle somewhat better than stock.

View attachment 1715308805
I love it. Can't wait to see it with the other tires and wheels.

I love it. Can't wait to see it with the other tires and wheels.

Me too. It's gonna be a minute though, as I have to save up some dough and find the other two wheels. Those things don't grow on trees anymore.

Looking great RRR :thumbsup: you have moved forward in leaps and bounds as I enjoy watching this thread sir :thankyou:

Good folks on here indeed.

I think you need a big Ben&Jerry’s sticker. New flavor Valiant Mooopar!!! :rofl::poke:

Yep those skinny 13s make it look funny. I agree 14s with a taller tire will make a big difference.

I believe I am going to go ahead and put the 1" lowering blocks on it. I have to downsize the spring perch tits to 1/2" though. No biggie.

Looking great RRR :thumbsup: you have moved forward in leaps and bounds as I enjoy watching this thread sir :thankyou:

Thanks Mike! No way in the world could I be this far without the help of such gracious people on this site.

Found a 225 on the local CL. Evan and I went Columbus to get it. Bout a two hour ride. Met a cool dude, Jeremy ( @2nup350 ) who is also a member here. He's got some cool stuff. Got the 225 apart tonight and it looks real good. Has all kinda accessories. AC, PS, all the brackets and braces. Course I ain't usin the PS and AC so I'll just put back all that. So far it looks like a great core for a long rod 225 build. Will post pictures in a bit.

Last edited:
Jeremy was at the Perry swap meet, met him then....went for a ride in his 360 Dart....

-
Back