1964 Valiant "Get Runnin & Drivin"

-
There are actually people out there looking for an buying Gremlins!!!
About ten years ago I had a bud that belonged to a Maverick club!!
I guess the AMC Hornet was sorta an ugly cousin to the Dodge Colt, but don't tell that to U know who!!??? LOL
I would love an early Gremlin. They got ugly later on but the early ones were cool. My Aunt and uncle had a 71 Gremlin X and I always pined for that car. He got it in the divorce. bastid. lol

I test drove a Gremlin with a 258 six and three speed on the floor back in the 70's. Fun little car.

I would love an early Gremlin. They got ugly later on but the early ones were cool. My Aunt and uncle had a 71 Gremlin X and I always pined for that car. He got it in the divorce. bastid. lol
Did the Gremlin change its looks or are you thinking of the Pacer??
I think maybe the Gremlin was a Hornet with the *** end shoved up!??

Did the Gremlin change its looks or are you thinking of the Pacer??
I think maybe the Gremlin was a Hornet with the *** end shoved up!??
Naw. They changed the Gremlin.
Here's a 72.
72 GREMLIN.png

Here's a 78. Just hideous.
78 GREMLIN.jpg

Yep, They should have kept with the old Body style and sold more of them... Cool little rides...

There are actually people out there looking for an buying Gremlins!!!
About ten years ago I had a bud that belonged to a Maverick club!!
I guess the AMC Hornet was sorta an ugly cousin to the Dodge Colt, but don't tell that to U know who!!??? LOL

Did someone say Maverick??? This was one COOL ride I saw in the Bay Area around 2010 or 11...

I was finally able to get some custom paint to match the rear end housing and got it repainted on the ends where I had the Ford housings cut off and the Mopar ends welded on. It's comin along. Slow but sho.
PAINTED HOUSING.JPG

That looks great!

Cley
Thanks! Matt had some left over "Pull Me Over Red" paint from another project, so he painted it free. So I figured why not red? lol But it had the Ford ends on it then. After talking to Cass about it, we decided Mopar ends would make it easier all around for brakes, since I am retaining the small bolt pattern, so I had the Mopar ends put on and have been needing to get the ends repainted. I have enough of the paint I am going to go over the whole thing since it's been in the shop and been knocked around a little. I'm leavin the center section black.

Gremlin is a Hornet with the trunk cut off.

Also an AMC Eagle.

AMC started pushing the rear wheels back to give better rear seat room.

Hornet, Matador, and Pacer all had this, but least offensive on Hornet.

Those Matador's are "pimp ride" ready.

Here it is ends painted and the rest of the housing touched up. I think it turned out ok.
FINISHED PAINTED HOUSING.JPG

Got the gear housing in with the 300 and spool. Baby steps.
DSCF1818.JPG

Your wife must be very understanding letting you put car parts in the house.

Your wife must be very understanding letting you put car parts in the house.
Well, that's MY room. She has a room for all her junk too. That carpet is 20 plus years old and comin out anyway. -but yeah, Kitty helps me do car stuff all the time. I couldn't a lot of this without her.

Here it is with the backin plates hung on it. Thanks, @pauly, I sure appreciate the good deal you gave me on those. They turned out real nice. Rustoleum, dontchya know. lol
DSCF1820.JPG

-
Back