1964 Valiant "Get Runnin & Drivin"

-
Got my new hardware kit, wheel cylinders and brake lines. Put the brakes on. Now all I need is a brake line union, rear brake hose and axles.
DSCF1825.JPG

Baby steps. Got the brake lines plumbed, distribution block and axle housing vent in. Now I am literally waiting on a sack of money to fall outta the sky so I can get axles. lol Maybe one day.
DSCF1832.JPG

What I want to know is...how did you convince the wife to let you use the back bedroom for your diff building? :lol:

What I want to know is...how did you convince the wife to let you use the back bedroom for your diff building? :lol:
That's my room. She has one too, but hers is so packed with CRAP, she caint hardly get in and out. Not worried about the carpet. It's wore slap out and comin out anyway. There's a complete 351C4V engine there against the wall, that slant 6 head. I have all kinda stuff in there I don't want rusted.

Do you need small bolt pattern A body axles, If so I will give you a set.
What I need is a seriously custom axle. That's a Ford 9". I've gotta have axles with 31 spline 9" on tie inside and small bolt Chrysler on the outside. Savin my pennis so I can order them from Cass. I certainly thank you though.

Sorry, I was just scrolling thru, and did not look close at the rear.

He might not have one when momma finds out how much the axles cost!

Hey Rob , I pulled the left rear tire off the 65 today to take a look at the wheel well. It looks like it in decent shape. If I remember I'll send you a pic of it to see what you think !

Hey Rob , I pulled the left rear tire off the 65 today to take a look at the wheel well. It looks like it in decent shape. If I remember I'll send you a pic of it to see what you think !
Thanks Al!

Today was beautiful, so we took Vixen instead of Kitty's Escape. We had a lot of runnin to do. To Gray, then to Milledgeville, back to Gray and then back home. About 102 miles total and Vixen was a happy camper all the way. Here she is, after hauling back home a fat woman and a half's worth of cat food and cat litter from Tractor Supply.
DSCF1867.JPG

I'm in an A body again. Needs some work. Nothin I caint handle. Has "a few" things I don't wanna handle, LOL, but they are gonna get done. First thing I am going to fix is the brakes. There are none. After sitting over twenty years in dry storage, the brakes are no more. To me, unless you can jump and "stop it", it just AINT safe, so the brakes are gettin done FIRST. I will take a picture or two of it in the shop and post in a few, but before I do the brakes, would yall like me to do a "how to" overhaul drum brakes? I ask now, because I have done literally thousands of drum brake jobs and can drop every spring on the floor quickly and put them right back without the book, so when I start, it's gonna go QUICK. LOL So speak now! I will get Kitty to take pics and maybe even some video as I put the smack down on these brakes. I have all 4 wheel cylinders, shoes of course and master cylinder. I don't foresee replacing brake hardware, but if it needs it, I will. Let me know.
Just brought home a 64 Valiant yesterday. What is that box on the right inner fender top? By the way, your car is going to be a nice driver.

Today was beautiful, so we took Vixen instead of Kitty's Escape. We had a lot of runnin to do. To Gray, then to Milledgeville, back to Gray and then back home. About 102 miles total and Vixen was a happy camper all the way. Here she is, after hauling back home a fat woman and a half's worth of cat food and cat litter from Tractor Supply.
View attachment 1715895646
Ole Vixen has some good patina!!! I told my wife I have some good patina, she says it darned battle scars. WTF????

Just brought home a 64 Valiant yesterday. What is that box on the right inner fender top? By the way, your car is going to be a nice driver.
That's the module for the electronic ignition.....I added it of course.

Got Vixen out this mornin and made sure she's in good tune for her big cruise tomorrow. We're goin to Millegeville first, then to Irwinton for the Skippin and Poppin tractor show, car show and banana puddin festival. It's an all makes cruise so it oughtta be a decent turnout. I'll try to get some good pictures. She's soundin purdy spiffy. lol

Here's a little treat for you, RRR. I saw this at our big car swap meet yesterday. For a paltry 30 clams you can pop this in your trunk in case you foul a plug out on the road.

20220331_125048.jpg

-
Back