1964 Valiant "Get Runnin & Drivin"

-
I've had a set of NOS 3.55 gears for a 7 1/4 for years, thinking I might use them someday, but eventually found out this particular gearset only fits 60 and 61 (ring gear bolts are smaller), so I can't use them.

Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you.

I'm gettin that dana power lock sure grip rear end from Roy with the 3.90 in it. Mine has a 2.93 in it now. It oughtta smoke um from a roll with that thing.

I bout got it nailed down now. This is after the leaner idle feed restrictors.

The unicorn factory closed chamber head is finished and ready to have a motor slung under it. Spring height came out to 1.845-1.855. Retainer to seal is a tic over .600" and coil bind is 1.2. That should easily support over .500 lift.

DSCF1511.JPG
DSCF1510.JPG
DSCF1509.JPG

I had Mike at @B3RE work me up a set of rocker relocation shims, since I am using 318 valves in this head. They are .300" longer than slant 6 valves and I knew that was going to require relocating the rocker shaft closer to the valves to get geometry correct. This is what happens when you deal with a true professional. This post is for all you yahoos that were arguing with Mike regarding the need for his shims and that his theories were wrong. Yall are simply incorrect. Look at this contact mark. Just a tad to the outside of the valve tip. That means as the rocker opens, the sweep will be
from this point, to a little inside of this point since as the rocker opens, the tip moves towards the shaft. This will be a dead perfect rocker sweep. You naysayers keep drinkin your Kool Aid. Mike knows what he's doin. Thanks, Mike. This is going to work well.

DSCF1516.JPG

DSCF1513 (1).JPG

-
Back