1965 Barracuda......advice needed.....

-
Why don't you try ordering one for a 66 Barracuda from Rock auto. I'm thinking that would help solve your problem. Also
make sure your wheel is pointed straight ahead when installing the new switch. Is your wheel centered when driving,??. If not that will affect how the switch cancels out when turning back straight, .
Dave
Why don't you try ordering one for a 66 Barracuda from Rock auto. I'm thinking that would help solve your problem. Also
make sure your wheel is pointed straight ahead when installing the new switch. Is your wheel centered when driving,??. If not that will affect how the switch cancels out when turning back straight, .
Dave
Yes.....always centered when wheels are straight; I will try Rock and see....thanks.

Maybe we are on the wrong foot; that is the spring that goes on the back of the wheel. Maybe a canceling cam; but I need the switch. Thanks.
Yeah, you are correct. My fault. I should have known when I saw that spring thing with the part number we were looking at!
switch.jpg

Hey, found one for $345...! With superceded part numbers attached.

https://www.hiltopautoparts.com/pro...itch-wiring-1964-6-models-without-tilt-wheel/

Part Number:

2822170 [supercedes P/n 2496163 & 2631383]

Years:
1964; 1965; 1966

Engines:
All

Model Fitment:
Chrysler:
Newport; Chrysler 300; 300K; 300L; New Yorker; Town & Country

Dodge:
Dart, Dart 170, Dart 270, Dart GT, 1964, 1965, 1966

Dodge 330, Dodge 440, Polara, Polara 500, 1964

Coronet, Coronet 440, Coronet 500, 1965, 1966

Charger; 1966

Polara, Polara 500, Polara 880, Monaco, Monaco 500, 1965, 1966

Plymouth:
Valiant; Signet; Barracuda; 1964; 1965, 1966

Savoy, Belvedere, Fury, Sport Fury, 1964

Belvedere I, Belvedere II, Satellite, 1965, 1966

Fury I, Fury II, Fury III, Sport Fury, VIP, 1965, 1966

Theres something funny going on here; I have ordered two of those switch's and they are NOT like mine; #2822170. My switch is larger than these replacement switches. Thanks.

so they are smaller..will they absolutely not work? Is the ID the same? Got any pics of both installed with the obvious issues identified? Thats a stumper....

Banjo man
The switch # for a 66 B-Cuda is listed under "interior", as a turn signal cam. Std PN# is [email protected]. Airtex wells PN is 1S7689 (TSR105) @ $2979. Those are both large cam switches.
They worked for me on my 66.
If you order use discount code #8779793779044641 in the "how did you here about us" ox at check out.

Dave

I finally found the information on the replacement turn signal cancel cam. This guy got fed up with the quality of what is available and made some high quality replacements. I'm not sure this is still current but it is what I found in the packages of my spares.
A good cam is made by David Koldos (115 Hill Ave, Elgin, IL 60120-4412, (847) 888-2652 )

Last edited:
Hi- if I can close this post I will- tell me how? Maybe you can look at my "second post" under this one....thanks!

I purchased mine from Napa after frustrating experience with online orders.
Had it in stock and matched mine perfectly.

If the plastic is broke and you still have the pieces you can weld it back together with mek. I rebuild my 69 chargers grill using this stuff. Just google mek and buy a small can from depot. Then try to find some of the same type plastic and melt it in the mek and then apply to broke pieces. Good as new.

MEK is great stuff. I've seen the pics of your repairs using it.

For folks that haven't used it, be EXTREMELY cautious with it. It's flammable and don't inhale the stuff.

If the plastic is broke and you still have the pieces you can weld it back together with mek. I rebuild my 69 chargers grill using this stuff. Just google mek and buy a small can from depot. Then try to find some of the same type plastic and melt it in the mek and then apply to broke pieces. Good as new.

-
Back