1965 Barracuda- Restomod

-
Dude why waste time on a slant six? My 65 formula s almost done, now has 318 automatic. The 273 that was in it was not the original motor but does run, it is available. I also have a 66 console much nicer than one you are messing with all on east coast however. Unless its still all original and in good shape make it cool and make it go!

Keep up the progress there rider....a man with a plan and cool ideas to boot.

As far as C/lover go's I don't see why he waists time on a 318 when he could have smokin 408LOL

I like that little slant six there is something about it. Plus with what is out there to beef that engine up with and increase the horses, why not.

Uli those woodgrain decals are neat, but I don have a rear top plate and the front plate on my console is garbage. I'm going to cut my own top plates from real wood and varnish them to match.

And bcoda, your Cuda just blows me away. That's gonna be such a beast.

I just worked out a deal for a set of disc brake spindles from a 74 Dart.

Total price, 125.

Wild Cat wanted 125 per spindle.

Yup,thats a good price. Buyer beware when it comes to wildcat.Not that they sell junk,but they will more than soak ya if you let them.

It is looking great! I like the way you improvise. Anybody can throw out big bucks and get nice stuff, but then it's anybody's car. This is your car and your doing it your way. I think that is cool! I love how you are going to do the console! That is the kind of thing I have done before. Sort of borders on the rat rod method: Use what you got, fabricate and substitute for what you don't have or can't get, and don't spend a fortune.

if the DANA rear your talking about is out of a truck,,and for 100 bucks it has to be,,,the inner guts are not the same as a car uses,,,by the time you buy a new carrier,,limited slip[ unit ( posi ) gears,axels,,brake parts,disc or drum,,labor,,you will be way over 1200.00 bucks,,and a dana for a slant 6 ?? if you change the front to big bolt patteren,, and IF, your orignal rear is in decent shape, ide just get the rear axels and drums redrilled to big bolt pattern,,i ran a set up like that for a long time,,any local machine shop can do it,, or send it to one of the axel shops,, moser,strange,, or search till you find a afforcable 8 /14..there out there

It is looking great! I like the way you improvise. Anybody can throw out big bucks and get nice stuff, but then it's anybody's car. This is your car and your doing it your way. I think that is cool! I love how you are going to do the console! That is the kind of thing I have done before. Sort of borders on the rat rod method: Use what you got, fabricate and substitute for what you don't have or can't get, and don't spend a fortune.

I just want to build in a car what I want and make it cool at the same time.

I just picked up the spindles. The guy I got the stuff from totally loves 68-74 a bodies. Darts, Dusters, Demons. A few late 60's B bodies also.

He gave me his card in case anyone is looking for anything. He has a lot of stuff.

In two months once I have enough I'm going back to get a complete drop in and go 8 1/4 rear end from him.

It was pretty sweet. Pics to come after I clean them up a little more.

I have never heard of an 8 1/4 with small bolt pattern.

To my understanding:
7 1/4 smallest axle, available all through the A body run, primarlily small bolt pattern, but possible in later A bodies if /6 and discs
8 3/4 strongest axle, available 67-72 area, ALL small bolt pattern
8 1/4 big bolt pattern only 73-76.

Since it came from a 65, and small bolt pattern, I am wagering that it is a 7.25?

axle-id_corrected.jpg

So in the few hours I worked on my car on Saturday I bolted in the grill finally, so now it's secure. Then I finally installed the trans tunnel. I'll have pics later today once I get off work.

securedownload-1-4.jpg

Finally screwed this sucker into place as well as the grill.

No pics on the grill cause you guys know what it looks like.

And then, anyone know what these are out of?

I have 2 of em and don't want em.

securedownload-12.jpg

from the chrome trim on the bottom they look like 64/ 65 barracuda buckets with a bad recover job,,and missing the upper chrome trim,,

Thier cute little fella's,lol...remind me of the A100 van seats.

Right now I'm still toying with pulling the Valiant dash and swapping it into the Barracuda.

I liked the 66 Valiant set up more than the 65 Barracuda's. It's an uncut dash unit with everything present.

Any links on here detailing the process of pulling a dash from a Valiant or Cuda?

you have to remove the windshield to puill the metal dash frame out of an early A body,,

-
Back