1965 Dart 2-door post

-
That looks like fun! With those manifolds and the extra height of the big block, the heads are above the shock towers. That rack and pinion steering will free up some space too. Keep us posted on your build with lots of photos. It should run like a scalded cat!!!! toolmanmike

Are you going to leave it LHD or convert to RHD?
Hi its going to be LHD, what other way should a factory clone drag car be done. No rear seat, radio & heater delete, column auto, torque thrust on the front and steel wheels on the back.

That looks like fun! With those manifolds and the extra height of the big block, the heads are above the shock towers. That rack and pinion steering will free up some space too. Keep us posted on your build with lots of photos. It should run like a scalded cat!!!! toolmanmike

Hi Mike, yes im hoping it will go rather well, I'm going to convert the injection to electronic using a Haltec computer. The injection will be at least 8 inch's above the hood line. I have converted it to disc brakes on the front using our aussie spindles, they go straight on,no modification. The rear end will be a volvo turbo disc brakes setup, its the same width as the same width as the original and super strong. I will keep you up to date as more work is started..

Love the injectors and manifolds! This was my 383, 65 Dart from the early 90's:

Dart_03_Engine_1.jpg

Hi its going to be LHD, what other way should a factory clone drag car be done. No rear seat, radio & heater delete, column auto, torque thrust on the front and steel wheels on the back.

Lots of pictures please when you get around to the R & P conversion!

WOW! Did you cut or modify the firewall on this? I have been thinking of putting a 383 in my 66 Valiant. I have to say I never even thought of using the Max Wedge manifolds, but it looks awesome! And they are available now for less than a pair of Dougs headers... Also what type of mounts are you using or are you going to just use elephant ears?

WOW! Did you cut or modify the firewall on this? I have been thinking of putting a 383 in my 66 Valiant. I have to say I never even thought of using the Max Wedge manifolds, but it looks awesome! And they are available now for less than a pair of Dougs headers... Also what type of mounts are you using or are you going to just use elephant ears?
Hi, I'm thinking of using the original 383 mounts straight onto the factory
crossmember, but i also have a full front mount engine plate that i will be using, this will be rubber mounted, more a bit of show and it will give me
somewhere to mount the remote oil filter assy.
I think i will have to modify the firewall a little to clear the exhaust but not much. I have also removed the entire outer section of the steering column to give me more clearance. The car will still have the factory column shift but i will convert it to cable and run it inside the firewall instead of in the engine bay.PS the manifolds are new around $895.00 Mancini racing, but i got mine off eBay $685.00.

Here is one from last weekend, it is not a daily driver but I try to get it out when I am not working on it on weekends. Just getting ready for the winter projects.

Attachments

• DSC01484.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 949
You guys are brave. I have a 64 Dart with a 360 and TTI headers. It's tight enough for me couldn't imagine a big block.

valiant200 looks good. But it sure is a tight squeeze. I do not have alot of room with the 360.

Attachments

• 65 burn out.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 900
Hi, I'm thinking of using the original 383 mounts straight onto the factory
crossmember, but i also have a full front mount engine plate that i will be using, this will be rubber mounted, more a bit of show and it will give me
somewhere to mount the remote oil filter assy.
I think i will have to modify the firewall a little to clear the exhaust but not much. I have also removed the entire outer section of the steering column to give me more clearance. The car will still have the factory column shift but i will convert it to cable and run it inside the firewall instead of in the engine bay.PS the manifolds are new around $895.00 Mancini racing, but i got mine off eBay $685.00.

Thanks wedge, I will be watching your progress!

Here is one from last weekend, it is not a daily driver but I try to get it out when I am not working on it on weekends. Just getting ready for the winter projects.

Hey what a great machine you have there. I just love the factory super stock look. Can i see that you have removed the rear seat? Did you remove the radio and the heater, is it a column shift. Can we see under the hood?

hey what a great machine you have there. I just love the factory super stock look. Can i see that you have removed the rear seat? Did you remove the radio and the heater, is it a column shift. Can we see under the hood?

x2

Because of the height of the wedge block and the manifolds are up swept, The big blocks look like they fit better than small blocks with headers. tmm

-
Back