1965 Dart GT, Steering column mounting plate help!

-

65valiantwin

Reaction score
Need help with my 65 Dart GT. There is a plate that has a rubber grommet that holds the steering column to the plate that bolts to the firewall. I need the plate and grommet

Anyone know where I can find one of these? I've also placed an ad in the wanted section but wondering if there is any repro's out there?

Thanks,

As you noted, there is a larger one that bolted to the toeboard then a smaller one with the rubber grommet that needs to be bolted to the larger plate. The smaller plate and grommet must be assembled to the steering column tube before the upper collars, turn signal switch, etc were assembled to the column. The reason for this is the column tube has a lip at the bottom that the plate and grommet won't slide over it, so it needs to be dropped in from the top before the collars, turn signal switch, etc are assembled. The plates are not repro'd; the rubber grommet is. I might have an extra of each, but will have to check.

Last edited:
As you noted, there is a larger one that bolted to the toeboard then a smaller one with the rubber grommet that needed bolts to the larger plate. The smaller plate and grommet must be assembled to the steering column tube before the upper collars, turn signal switch, etc were assembled to the column. The reason for this is the column tube has a lip at the bottom that the plate and grommet won't slide over it, so it needs to be dropped in from the top before the collars, turn signal switch, etc are assembled. The plates are not repro'd; the rubber grommet is. I might have an extra of each, but will have to check.

Awesome, thanks for your help Dartman, not easy stuff to find!

-
Back