1965 dart headers????

-

Reaction score
Just wanted to see what people are running on a 65 small block? Only ones I have found are Doug's. Every one says they are great but $900?????? Seams kinda crazy for a set of headers to me. I hope there are some others out there that work. Also wondered what people do about the single hump cross member? Is there a double hump one to be had? Just got my 65 home and the factory single exhaust has to go! Oh if it matters in is auto, Flore shift. Thanks!!!!!

TTi sells hedders also for Early-A,but are pricey also for COATED ones.You can take your crossmember of and notch it for duals.Good luck.

Header selection is pretty limited. The decent options are pricey. Dougs and TTI. Occasionally there is a set of second hand Spitfires for sale. (I don't think Harold Johnson makes them any more and if he does be very careful dealing with him) or there are fenderwell options. The crossmember needs to have an opening cut out and a new piece welded in. (Like this)

Attachments

• Crossmember1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 661
Are the hooker headers junk?? I think they are around $625. Still rather pricey, when I just put a set of BEAUTIFUL Headman elite coated headers and a Dare I say 454 BBC for only $320. And man are they nice!!

I am happy with my Hookers :love4:

Attachments

• Picture 282.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 662
I did not realize the hookers were fender well headers? They look really nice on your car, but I just do not know if I car bring my self to cut up my inner fenders. That will be a very hard decision to make!

I did not realize the hookers were fender well headers? They look really nice on your car, but I just do not know if I car bring my self to cut up my inner fenders. That will be a very hard decision to make!

here are your choices.. they are few for an early abody..

hooker or headman fenderwell headers..

spitfires if you can find a set

tti

dougs

thats about it. unless you go get a custom set made.

Yeah these aint chebbies where you can go out and buy 79 buck headers and off the shalf double hump crossmembers. A "good" set of headers has always been pricey anyway. Most people just get a set of off the shelf cookie cutter headers and they work well for off the shelf cookie cutter cars.....which Mopar is NOT.

-
Back