1965 Dart owners thread!

-
i saw your car at the track on jan 1st... by far the cleanest 65 gt i have seen in person. Id love to have it!

Yea I went by to talk to you but you looked busy so I didn't want to bug you. Ill catch you at the next run. Sounded like she was running sweet! That 1/8 mile **** sucked though. I was contemplating turning my hard top into a full blown drag car but I'm focusing more on the vert. That's going to be a scary ride. I figure they will throw me out after the first pass with no cage.

Thank you !

Absolutely.
Hurst Shifters were used through 65.
Then the hated Inland shifter was introduced,and used from 66 to midway through 68.
Records show,my car is 1 of 23 built, with its combo.

That's wild, I never knew that!
Did you modify the slant or keep it stock?

Man the paint on that motor turned out really nice. What did you use exactly, if you don't mind me asking?

Here's my latest 65 Dart Gt. I sold my white one earlier this week.

This car has been in the process of being stripped to bare metal and sealed for a few months now.. I found a little more necessary bodywork than expected but it's pretty nice for a 48 year old car. It's coming along nicely.

It has a very nicely built mild 318. I also have a 408 being built, a very stout 727 already built, an 8 3/4 rear, all suspension pieces powdercoated with disc brakes, all new red interior, lots of new rubber and the list goes on and on.

I will be started my own restoration thread eventually but I have been taking pics all along.

Here are 3 pics. The 1st is when I got the car, second is while I was driving it before disassembly, the 3rd is with most of the car stripped to bare metal

Attachments

• rsz_red_dart_001.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 670
  • rsz_red_dart_005.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 664
  • rsz_copy_2_of_red_dart_resto_09-12_003.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 622
Yea I went by to talk to you but you looked busy so I didn't want to bug you. Ill catch you at the next run. Sounded like she was running sweet! That 1/8 mile **** sucked though. I was contemplating turning my hard top into a full blown drag car but I'm focusing more on the vert. That's going to be a scary ride. I figure they will throw me out after the first pass with no cage.

ya it was a tough start to the day, my holley pump took a crap right off the trailer and started dumping fuel so i bought one from the local oriellys needless to say the one i bought was too small of a pump, I could feel it choking up top so im glad it was just 1/8 mile.

pm me your number. Id love to have that hard top of yours... maybe we could work something out

Johnny, what throttle bracket is that?

I got that bracket from Jegs,but they seem to be available from all the major
suppliers...Summit,Jegs,ect. They make one that is specifically for the Mopar throttle cable.

Anyone would be lucky to have any of the cars in this post. I had a 65 Dart. Robin's egg blue, 2-door, 273 auto with power steering. I left it with my youngest brother out in Fresno California. Wanted to go back for it eventually. He sold it out from under me. Kept the money too. If anyone has my Dart, I'd like it back... yeah, I know, good luck on that.

Anyone would be lucky to have any of the cars in this post. I had a 65 Dart. Robin's egg blue, 2-door, 273 auto with power steering. I left it with my youngest brother out in Fresno California. Wanted to go back for it eventually. He sold it out from under me. Kept the money too. If anyone has my Dart, I'd like it back... yeah, I know, good luck on that.

You never know I bought my 65 off of the guy my father in law sold it to in 1973.

My 65 with 904 TCI auto, 360 magnum, roller lifters on edelbrock heads, air gap manifold, racer brown roller cam and 8 3/4 rear 3:91 gears.

My 65 with 904 TCI auto, 360 magnum, roller lifters on edelbrock heads, air gap manifold, racer brown roller cam and 8 3/4 rear 3:91 gears. 02-20-2013 10:09 AMRetry to send picture. Picture had failed.

Larger picture. I'm struggling with the computer. Sorry for so many posts.

Attachments

• PB110193A.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 570
Thank you !

Absolutely.
Hurst Shifters were used through 65.
Then the hated Inland shifter was introduced,and used from 66 to midway through 68.
Records show,my car is 1 of 23 built, with its combo.
Where did you get the dashpad?

-
Back